Rock Band Blitz Songs Won't Unlock

spark32spark32 Opening Act
edited August 2012 in Rock Band Blitz
Hey everybody. So far, Rock Band Blitz has been great! Except for 1 little detail. 88% of the content is currently unplayable! Rock Band Blitz refuses to let me play any songs other than the 3 demo songs, and DLC I already have.

I have the feeling they just did not download. When I downloaded the game, it included the Rock Band Blitz demo, and a Full Game Unlock. Those 2 downloads combined hardly seem enough for 25 songs, as it was less than 400mbs total.

Please post here if you are having the same issue, or have a fix.

Comments

• HetzHetz Rising Star
    edited August 2012
    Yeah, same here. There seems to be a major problem with the release. You can only play the three demo songs in the FULL version of the game. I downloaded the game and paid my 14.99. It gave me the demo and an unlock file. I installed both and then started the game. It asked me to download the soundtrack for RB3....so I did. Then I started the game and all that was available was my DLC and the 3 demo songs!!!

Grrr....
  • MagnetMagnet Moderator
    edited August 2012
    Hetz;4859981 said:
    It asked me to download the soundtrack for RB3....so I did. Then I started the game and all that was available was my DLC and the 3 demo songs!!!

Did the soundtrack download finish, and did you install that? That soundtrack file is used for both Blitz and RB3.
  • spark32spark32 Opening Act
    edited August 2012
    Was never presented an option/
  • HetzHetz Rising Star
    edited August 2012
    ohhhh....no I didn't do that. I thought that the soundtrack was just for RB3. Doh!

Thanks, Magnet!
  • DeferredGalaxy3DeferredGalaxy3 Rising Star
    edited August 2012
    Maintenance is finished! I can download !hahahiu efvhnjesvejksvfi: :d :d :d :d :d
  • DeferredGalaxy3DeferredGalaxy3 Rising Star
    edited August 2012
    Whoops wrong thread. That was embarrassing!
  • MagnetMagnet Moderator
    edited August 2012
    spark32;4859989 said:
    Was never presented an option/

Have you tried quitting and going back into the game? If it works the same as the 360 version, a screen should pop up on the menu prompting you to download a soundtrack file.
    edited August 2012
    Magnet;4860010 said:
    Have you tried quitting and going back into the game? If it works the same as the 360 version, a screen should pop up on the menu prompting you to download a soundtrack file.

Multiple times.
  • edited August 2012
    Magnet;4860010 said:

This should be the solution. If you wait at the main load screen (like actually wait, not immediately cruise through) you should be presented with a soundtrack prompt after a few seconds. The prompt doesn't immediately display if you rush right through the load screen to get into the game.

Give that a shot, either by powering down and restarting or backing out to the home screen and waiting for the prompt, and let me know if that works. That's been the case in all of test environment instances.
    edited August 2012
    hmxhenry;4860039 said:
    This should be the solution. If you wait at the main load screen (like actually wait, not immediately cruise through) you should be presented with a soundtrack prompt after a few seconds. The prompt doesn't immediately display if you rush right through the load screen to get into the game.

Give that a shot, either by powering down and restarting or backing out to the home screen and waiting for the prompt, and let me know if that works. That's been the case in all of test environment instances.

I figured it out. I think the reason why it would never work was because I buy all on my content on one account, but actually play my games on another. I think the reason why I was never prompted to download was because I was trying to play Rock Band Blitz on an account that was not used to purchase it. I can see a lot of different people having this problem (as lots of people share consoles), you might want to pass that along.

Thanks for the help :)
  • BaltarBaltar Opening Act
    edited August 2012
    spark32;4860043 said:
    I figured it out. I think the reason why it would never work was because I buy all on my content on one account, but actually play my games on another. I think the reason why I was never prompted to download was because I was trying to play Rock Band Blitz on an account that was not used to purchase it. I can see a lot of different people having this problem (as lots of people share consoles), you might want to pass that along.

Thanks for the help :)
    Unfortunately, bro.. Thats the wave of the future. Digital Content is not owned by the hardware, its owned by whoever licensed it to themselves. I own my songs and XBLA games; if I had a roomate and he had his own account on my xbox, he would not be able to play my games, even though its on the same hardware.

My only recommendation is never spend money on someone elses' account, even if you share systems and always have some way of PROVING your account is yours, in the event a situation arises of who owns what between you and the content provider, be it MS, Sony or whoever.
  • evanom2003evanom2003 Unsigned
    edited August 2012
    I am having similar problem but DLC won't show up as well as the rest of the songs. And yes I have payed for the game.
  • MagnetMagnet Moderator
    edited August 2012
    evanom2003;4860245 said:
    I am having similar problem but DLC won't show up as well as the rest of the songs. And yes I have payed for the game.

After downloading, did you install both the demo and the full game unlock file?
    edited August 2012
    I have sorted out the soundtrack problem but no DLC, was wondering do you need Rock Band 3 for recognizing the DLC?
  • Groudon199Groudon199 1 hour, 39 minutes, 52 seconds
    edited August 2012
    evanom2003;4860254 said:
    I have sorted out the soundtrack problem but no DLC, was wondering do you need Rock Band 3 for recognizing the DLC?

You don't. All your DLC should be loaded into the game even if you have the demo (where they'll be grayed out).
    edited August 2012
    Not too sure what is up so. Will let people know if it starts working
  • BobbyB0909BobbyB0909 Unsigned
    edited August 2012
    OK, the Blitz soundtrack pack is downloaded but it doesn't automatically install like other DLC. How do I install the songs? Does it need to be done through the Blitz game itself? I also don't see an option in the game to accomplish this.

OK, forget it. I backed out completely and went back in and it has now installed.
  • TreebeardicusTreebeardicus Unsigned
    edited August 2012
    UGH!!! I downloaded the full game unlock and demo. I only have 3 Rock Band Blitz songs available. I read that the other songs are a bundle. I may be illiterate on this so can you PLEASE give me an exact walkthrough of how to do it? I am at a loss here man.
  • edited August 2012
    Wait at the title screen (so after it checks for DLC) to get a prompt to download the Blitz songlist. And don't forget to install that on the XMB after downloading (should be in your games list) and to restart Blitz once you've done so.

I'm really having a bit of a hard time understanding how you can miss the download prompt, to be honest. I literally got it a second after hitting the title screen. But I guess if you button mash through menus, you could miss it.
  • SheSaidSheSaidSheSaidSheSaid Washed Up
    edited August 2012
    Obviously the game is built on Xbox, and on that console, you can download something while playing and have it end up in your game without having to restart the game (works that way in RB3, too). On the PS3, you have to install it from the XMB unless you just leave it to download without putting it on background download. That requires exiting the game.

People might be getting hung up on that.
  • Lawdog1521Lawdog1521 Squirrel Chasing Expert
    edited August 2012
    PS3 Users:

1. DL Blitz Demo

2. Dl Blitz Key

3. From XMB install both

4. Start game. Prompt should appear to DL soundtrack

5. DL soundtrack

6. Install soundtrack from XMB

7. Profit

What may be confusing some is on the PSN, if you wait for it to DL the whole DLC, it'll automatically install it. If you click to DL in the background, now you must install it manually from the XMB.
    edited August 2012
    wow, thank you. This is frecking awesome. Now how do we play them in Rock Band 3?
  • edited August 2012
    Once you've installed the songs on your hard disk, they automatically show up in RB3 as DLC as well.
    edited August 2012
    Treebeardicus;4860414 said:
    wow, thank you. This is frecking awesome. Now how do we play them in Rock Band 3?

1. Insert RB3

2. Play them.

(Assuming you installed everything)
  • SheSaidSheSaidSheSaidSheSaid Washed Up
    edited August 2012
    Lawdog1521;4860411 said:
    What may be confusing some is on the PSN, if you wait for it to DL the whole DLC, it'll automatically install it. If you click to DL in the background, now you must install it manually from the XMB.

Bingo. And installing it from the XMB requires exiting the game (though if you go to the song pack on the XMB and select it, it'll prompt you to leave the game anyway, you don't have to do that first). I think this is the major issue people might be having.
    edited August 2012
    Instructions for eating:

1. Grasp cheeseburger firmly with both hands

2. Open mouth

3. Using arms move cheeseburger toward mouth

4. Insert cheeseburger into mouth orifice

5. Close mouth orifice onto cheeseburger. Assuming you have teeth, a section should be perforated from cheeseburger

6. Using teeth, in up and down fashion, move your jaw, grinding perforated cheeseburger piece.

7. Once adequately masticated, carefully swallow

8. Repeat until inadequate cheeseburger pieces remain
  • edited August 2012
    Now he tells me. I had a cheeseburger earlier today, and I'm still finding pieces of cheese in orifices where they probably don't belong.

On the upside, they made for a great snack while playing Blitz.
  • jibjqrkljibjqrkl Eventually Perceptive
    edited August 2012
    Baltar;4860230 said:
    Unfortunately, bro.. Thats the wave of the future. Digital Content is not owned by the hardware, its owned by whoever licensed it to themselves. I own my songs and XBLA games; if I had a roomate and he had his own account on my xbox, he would not be able to play my games, even though its on the same hardware.

not true, he would be able to play your content. just not be able to use your saved games.
    as long as the content was originally downloaded on that xbox, anyone on that xbox can use it.

anyway, to quickly sum up the answers in this thread easily

1. Download/install the full blitz game
    2. wait for content to load, while signed in on the profile you downloaded it on.
    3. download/install the song pack
    edited August 2012
    sorry that I'm slightly ******ed. I got it thank you guys and sorry for wasting your time.
    edited August 2012
    No time wasted, that's what forums are for.

Besides, you gave Lex the opportunity to admit he places cheeseburgers in his... orifice.