?? Oasis - Rock and Roll Star - Showing up on 360 Marketplace

SayburrSayburr The Always Informative Rock Band Forum Guru
edited August 2012 in Rock Band
http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-GB/Product/Rock-N-Roll-Star/00000000-0000-400c-80cf-008045410829

Strange... The song is showing up with a release date of Aug 29, 2012.

Warning, Lowlander2 was kind enough to download the song for two dollars just to see if it would play. It does NOT show up in the game.

Comments

• LoopyChewLoopyChew Wordsmith
    edited August 2012
    I doubt it'll work; the block is at the software level and if they were going to bring it back, I'd presume it'd be through a patch and not double-dipping.
  • Lowlander2Lowlander2 FaIling Star
    edited August 2012
    Despite loading a new song into the cache, I still only have Wonderwall in my RB3 library. So, yeah.
  • sillystousillystou Headliner
    edited August 2012
  • SayburrSayburr The Always Informative Rock Band Forum Guru
    edited August 2012
    Lowlander2;4861034 said:
    Despite loading a new song into the cache, I still only have Wonderwall in my RB3 library. So, yeah.
    Wonder if it shows up in Blitz...
    edited August 2012
    Sayburr;4861039 said:
    Wonder if it shows up in Blitz...

Just tried. No dice.
  • ClaptonsWigClaptonsWig I Can't Dance
    edited August 2012
    Am I the only one here who purchased the song when it came out? It says I already bought it when I logged in. It's still a dud, nothing to see here.
    edited August 2012
    Lowlander2;4861041 said:
    Just tried. No dice.

thanks for looking into this, sorry you lost $2. Harmonix needs to look into this before they have a bunch of pissed off people downloading the song and it not showing up... and maybe give you a download code just to be nice...
    edited August 2012
    Sayburr;4861045 said:
    thanks for looking into this, sorry you lost $2. Harmonix needs to look into this before they have a bunch of pissed off people downloading the song and it not showing up... and maybe give you a download code just to be nice...

No they won't, here's why:
    (Music Downloads Not Rated by the ESRB) Build your Rock Band library by purchasing this song game track: "Rock 'N' Roll Star"--Oasis. PLEASE NOTE: Many Rock Band song game tracks are available as both a multipack and as a single game track. These song game tracks are exactly the same (unless expressly noted as a special version or remix). Be aware that it is possible to download the same song game track twice so please carefully consider your purchases. For music credits, visit www.RockBand.com. There are no refunds for this item. For more information, see www.xbox.com/live/accounts. Compatible with Rock Band 3 and Rock Band Blitz.
    I'd check RB1/2 since that's the form of DLC he bought, not RB3/RBB
    edited August 2012
    ClaptonsWig;4861044 said:
    Am I the only one here who purchased the song when it came out? It says I already bought it when I logged in. It's still a dud, nothing to see here.

Well, I'm from "Europe", so...

And don't worry about no refunds or anything.
    edited August 2012
    Lowlander2;4861050 said:
    Well, I'm from "Europe", so...

And don't worry about no refunds or anything.
    I forgot, Austalia is now Europe.
  • Chemical PhoenixChemical Phoenix Road Warrior
    edited August 2012
    BTW Harmonix should really talk to Microsoft about the last sentence in that disclaimer it says the same thing for Hier Kommt Alex.
    edited August 2012
    Chemical Phoenix;4861058 said:
    BTW Harmonix should really talk to Microsoft about the last sentence in that disclaimer it says the same thing for Hier Kommt Alex.

It was originally pulled entirely from the market, do this is just the standard description they use.
  • SheSaidSheSaidSheSaidSheSaid Washed Up
    edited August 2012
    ClaptonsWig;4861056 said:
    I forgot, Austalia is now Europe.

That is so messed up. Would it be so unwieldy to call it SCEEO/same for whatever Microsoft's equivalent is?
  • DCutter78DCutter78 Unsigned
    edited August 2012
    Did you notice it said "Compatible with Rock Band 3 and Rock Band Blitz" at the bottom of the description.
  • grumblevolcanogrumblevolcano Headliner
    edited August 2012
    Europe only had access to that song via RB1 export until today. Maybe HMX is planning on releasing "Monsoon", "Rock and Roll Star" and "Hier Kommt Alex" as DLC in Europe so Americans that have purchased the DLC don't suffer.
    edited August 2012
    DCutter78;4861165 said:
    Did you notice it said "Compatible with Rock Band 3 and Rock Band Blitz" at the bottom of the description.

Yep, that was pointed out!
    Chemical Phoenix;4861058 said:
    edited August 2012
    grumblevolcano;4861185 said:
    Europe only had access to that song via RB1 export until today.

I'm pretty sure you're wrong about that. They had the Dani California/Black Hole Sun treatment of being playable in RB1 and 2, but not 3.
    edited August 2012
    grumblevolcano;4861185 said:
    Europe only had access to that song via RB1 export until today. Maybe HMX is planning on releasing "Monsoon", "Rock and Roll Star" and "Hier Kommt Alex" as DLC in Europe so Americans that have purchased the DLC don't suffer.

Nope, just something gone awry. If they were bringing it back, it would more then likely a RB3 version like GIA, Spoonman, CTP2.
    edited August 2012
    SheSaidSheSaid;4861240 said:
    I'm pretty sure you're wrong about that. They had the Dani California/Black Hole Sun treatment of being playable in RB1 and 2, but not 3.

I was talking about getting the song, not playing it in RB3.
    edited August 2012
    I am surprised Harmonix hasn't said anything about this yet...
  • HeyRilesHeyRiles Besse's Girl
    edited August 2012
    Kind of odd that you chose to link the Great Britain page, for when you switch back to US, the release date is its usual 2008 release

If you check the other songs that were in the European release of RB1 (such as Hysteria), they too have their natural US DLC release date, but are also listed as August 29th, 2012 in the UK. I'm assuming it's related to Blitz in some way, of course, perhaps to properly recognize the Euro songs as DLC and not as part of the RB1 setlist when sorting by source in Blitz. Who knows. At any rate, the Oasis song got caught up in it, seeing as it was originally part of the pack
    edited August 2012
    HeyRiles;4862440 said:
    Kind of odd that you chose to link the Great Britain page, for when you switch back to US, the release date is its usual 2008 release
    Weird... the reason I spotted it was because it was listed right below "Blitz" when I bought it from the Marketplace... pretty sure I was on the USA site, especally since Blitz works fine.
    edited August 2012
    I've confirmed that it's on the marketplace via the console too. Now checking RB Music Store app.

EDIT: It's not on the store or playable in Blitz and RB3. I think more info could come in Friday's DLC announcement. It may just be something as simple as HMX wanted to give Muse fans a pro upgrade for Hysteria.
  • rjbr2000rjbr2000 Insane
    edited August 2012
    Intriguing.

I'd love to have Hier Kommt Alex and Oasis again. I hope a confirmation will happen tomorrow.
  • bclewisbclewis Road Warrior
    edited August 2012
    Huh, weird, I see those as well (logging into live.xbox.com from Canada puts me on the "en-GB" site), along with a few others.

It even shows Hysteria (already purchased) as having been released yesterday.
  • GLaDOSGLaDOS Opening Act
    edited August 2012
    bclewis;4863103 said:
    Huh, weird, I see those as well (logging into live.xbox.com from Canada puts me on the "en-GB" site), along with a few others.

It even shows Hysteria (already purchased) as having been released yesterday.

Harmonix finally "releases" more Muse.....
    just "Hysteria" again
    edited August 2012
    Looking at the list, it's all the Euro singles except the 1 which didn't export from RB1 ("Monsoon" by Tokio Hotel).
  • TheDescentTheDescent Road Warrior
    edited August 2012
    rjbr2000;4862990 said:
    Intriguing.

I'd love to have Hier Kommt Alex and Oasis again. I hope a confirmation will happen tomorrow.
    Eh, Not if they're busy with PAX. I guess we'll have some answer next week.
  • Bront20Bront20 The Writing's on the Wall
    edited August 2012
    Lowlander, you still have RB2? Maybe you can check and see if it works there?

Mostly just curious though.
    edited August 2012
    Everyone, important announcement:

"Monsoon" by Tokio Hotel is NOW on the European DLC store!

EDIT: "Perfekte Welle" is the only Euro RB1 song not on the marketplace.