Using DLC with Blitz?

Delta438Delta438 Unsigned
edited August 2012 in Rock Band Blitz
Hey guys, I've recently purchased Blitz, which is the first game I've officially owned in the Rock Band franchise. I've played the first few games before, but I have certain limitations that prevent me from owning the whole instrument set. Blitz was the perfect way for me to get into the franchise.

Anyway, let me get straight to the point. Does anyone know if its possible to buy tracks previously released for Rock Band 3 for the sole purpose of using them in Rock Band Blitz? Meaning I can just buy a track from the marketplace and use in instantly in Blitz?

I was curious about this because as far as I know, DLC downloaded from the Xbox Live Marketplace ends up in the game's folder in the hard drive, meaning the DLC would probably end up in a Rock Band 3 folder. I just don't see how downloaded songs could be used in Rock Band Blitz.

I just wanted to be sure before I drop the MSP to download any tracks. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Comments

• FairwoodStudiosFairwoodStudios Road Warrior
    edited August 2012
    Every song that can be played in Rock Band 3, other than the RB3 disc songs, is playable in Blitz.
  • Odin ForceOdin Force Road Warrior
    edited August 2012
    It'll all work except the RB3 disc.
    I'd recommend picking up Lego Rock Band, RB1, RB2, Green Day (if you like them) as they're pretty cheap online and the exports are cheap.
    Also, lots of good packs out there. If you like Country, the Mega Track Pack is a steal.
  • Delta438Delta438 Unsigned
    edited August 2012
    Odin Force;4861069 said:
    It'll all work except the RB3 disc.
    I'd recommend picking up Lego Rock Band, RB1, RB2, Green Day (if you like them) as they're pretty cheap online and the exports are cheap.
    Also, lots of good packs out there. If you like Country, the Mega Track Pack is a steal.

Alright, thanks! Pretty weird that all the older games can be exported whereas the latest one can't.
  • joseph5185joseph5185 Opening Act
    edited August 2012
    Delta438;4861070 said:
    Alright, thanks! Pretty weird that all the older games can be exported whereas the latest one can't.

This is most likely due to Rock Band 3 being the latest game. Once "Rock Band 4" is released, Rock Band 3 should be exportable and follow suit.

Hope this helps..

;)
  • SheSaidSheSaidSheSaidSheSaid Washed Up
    edited August 2012
    Delta438;4861070 said:

Not really. Exporting main titles has always been about the next main title. RB2 didn't export for Lego, but it did export for RB3.
    joseph5185;4861074 said:
    This is most likely due to Rock Band 3 being the latest game.
    Yeah, pretty much.
  • Odin ForceOdin Force Road Warrior
    edited August 2012
    Delta438;4861070 said:
    What joseph said, but it's basically because RB3 songs are on the disc and not on the hard drive.
  • thatmarkguythatmarkguy Road Warrior
    edited August 2012
    Odin Force;4861077 said:
    What joseph said, but it's basically because RB3 songs are on the disc and not on the hard drive.

Though even if they are on the hard drive (as they would be if you bought the Games On Demand edition), they're not accessible by other games.
  • zerofanzerofan Road Warrior
    edited August 2012
    Sorry to hi-jack but can you purchase a Blitz song track to play in RB3 without buying RB Blitz??

In the XBL Marketplace they are selling tracks separately.

Will it work?

Thanks.
  • GNFfhqwhgadsGNFfhqwhgads 99% Washed Up
    edited August 2012
    zerofan;4861291 said:
    Sorry to hi-jack but can you purchase a Blitz song track to play in RB3 without buying RB Blitz??

In the XBL Marketplace they are selling tracks separately.

Will it work?

Thanks.
    There's no difference. It's the same **** under a different title to encourage purchases.
    edited August 2012
    GNFfhqwhgads;4861294 said:
    There's no difference. It's the same **** under a different title to encourage purchases.

I thought so - thanks!

I like the Maiden song and maybe 2 others and Blitz isnt what I am looking for at all.
  • thatmarkguythatmarkguy Road Warrior
    edited August 2012
    zerofan;4861291 said:

If you're asking about songs from the setlist, you can't purchase those individually on PS3 and Xbox 360 (right now 3 of them are purchaseable as standalone tracks on Wii).

If you're talking about the purchaseable songs you can browse in Blitz - yes, any track you can buy for use in either RBB or RB3 automatically is available for play in both.
  • SheSaidSheSaidSheSaidSheSaid Washed Up
    edited August 2012
    zerofan;4861298 said:
    I thought so - thanks!

I like the Maiden song and maybe 2 others and Blitz isnt what I am looking for at all.

Ha. Swing and a miss there, fhq.

Zerofan, the 25-song setlist included with RB Blitz can only be "exported" (it's not really an export at all, but it's convenient shorthand) if you purchase the Blitz game. You're perfectly free to then delete it if that's really what you want. If you only want 2 or 3 songs from the setlist and nothing else....yeah, I guess you're out of luck.
    edited August 2012
    thatmarkguy;4861310 said:
    If you're asking about songs from the setlist, you can't purchase those individually on PS3 and Xbox 360 (right now 3 of them are purchaseable as standalone tracks on Wii).

If you're talking about the purchaseable songs you can browse in Blitz - yes, any track you can buy for use in either RBB or RB3 automatically is available for play in both.

Thanks bec i was confused and just saw that they are not sold as individual tracks. So it's the whole game or none of the 25 tracks from the game. They can keep the game. I will stick with RB3 - I cant spend 15-20 bucks when I only like 2 songs out of 25.