No solo's?

MunnchyMunnchy Road Warrior
edited August 2012 in Rock Band Blitz
I've just played "All along the watchtower" and none of the 3 solo's actually came up as solos, only guitar parts. Any one else had this happen? Any other songs that do this?

Comments

• edited August 2012
    It was discovered (by Jibs) that if a song has a solo over 2 minutes long then no solos would show up.
  • MunnchyMunnchy Road Warrior
    edited August 2012
  • Skippy DeluxeSkippy Deluxe Unsigned
    edited August 2012
    IMO it's probably a sensible design decision to ensure that solo-heavy songs don't mess up the multi-track dynamic of Blitz. Solos are fun in Blitz (more fun than I expected, actually), but playing a single track for too much of a song would get a little boring (think GG&HT). The fact that long solos kill all solos on that instrument is a little weird. But do we know for a fact that's how it works? Maybe solos are removed if the total length of solos is greater than a certain amount, or greater than a certain % of the song or something. That would make sense too.
    edited August 2012
    Skippy Deluxe;4861191 said:
    IMO it's probably a sensible design decision to ensure that solo-heavy songs don't mess up the multi-track dynamic of Blitz. Solos are fun in Blitz (more fun than I expected, actually), but playing a single track for too much of a song would get a little boring (think GG&HT). The fact that long solos kill all solos on that instrument is a little weird. But do we know for a fact that's how it works? Maybe solos are removed if the total length of solos is greater than a certain amount, or greater than a certain % of the song or something. That would make sense too.
    I'm gonna go with this actually. I just finished TTFATF and every solo was charted, the last one lasting longer than two minutes. This makes more sense
  • ArcanonArcanon Rising Star
    edited August 2012
    Skippy Deluxe;4861191 said:
    Maybe solos are removed if the total length of solos is greater than a certain amount, or greater than a certain % of the song or something. That would make sense too.

I think this might be it. The Wha-Chow Theme has three guitar solos, and none of them show up. And the song is less than 2 minutes long in its entirety. It's safe to say the majority of the song is made up of guitar soloing, so this makes sense.
  • HMXMister_GameHMXMister_Game Harmonix Developer
    edited August 2012
    Not 2 minutes.

The really long solos got tedious, so we cull out any that are more than 35% of the total length of the song. Including multiple solos that total up to more than 35% (like Hangar 18).
    edited August 2012