Rock Band World not usable in Safari?

atalkingfishatalkingfish Opening Act
edited August 2012 in Rock Band Blitz
Is anyone else using Safari (mac) and finding that you cannot access the Rock Band World app at all? I can get to it, but if I ever click on anything (songs, goals, etc) it tries to do something, but ends up just reloading the app completely. Because of this, I cannot move past the first page of the app.

Comments

• HMXmattitudeHMXmattitude Harmonix Developer
    edited August 2012
    Preferences>Privacy>Block cookies: Never
  • atalkingfishatalkingfish Opening Act
    edited August 2012
    HMXmattitude;4861388 said:
    Preferences>Privacy>Block cookies: Never

But..... there's a reason why the default setting is to block cookies from third parties and advertisers... Is this kind of thing unavoidable? Because this is the first time having that default setting has caused any problems with anything. Or is there a way that I can accomplish this same thing without opening my browser's storage completely like that?
  • Burntoutat22Burntoutat22 Opening Act
    edited August 2012
    You could use a different browser specifically for RB:World, that way you can set up the browser settings without affecting your day-to-day browsing in Safari. Firefox and Chrome are both really great browsers.
    edited August 2012
    Burntoutat22;4862425 said:
    You could use a different browser specifically for RB:World, that way you can set up the browser settings without affecting your day-to-day browsing in Safari. Firefox and Chrome are both really great browsers.

Well, I've always assumed that possibility, but it seems like quite the hassle for just one facebook app. I mean, I would see this just deterring me from the app in general.

I'm fine with this setting (I think), but I — along with at least some others, I think — would feel better with a more secure way of doing things and, while I don't know much about how these things work, it seems like this could be an avoidable problem, eventually.
  • www1221www1221 StackOverflowError
    edited August 2012
    Solution: Stop using Safari use a good browser(Chrome)
    edited August 2012
    www1221;4862839 said:
    Solution: Stop using Safari use a good browser(Chrome)

Don't peg me as a fanboy. I used Firefox for a solid two years and switched to Chrome when it came out for Mac. I've been using it regularly up until Mountain Lion came out a month or so ago. Chrome was good, but the most up-to-date Safari on the new Mac OS supersedes it by far. I'm sure Chrome will catch up (as they always do) in a few months or so, but until then, I'm sticking to this.
  • edited August 2012
    Works in Safari on my ipad. Not the greatest but it does load everything.
  • RelaubyRelauby Rising Star
    edited August 2012
    I had a quick question about RBW and wanted to post it in here instead of starting another thread. If I connect to it, will it ever make updates on my status about stuff I'm doing in Blitz, or does it not do anything but affect in-game stuff?
  • edited August 2012
    You can tell it if you want it to post on your behalf or not.
  • www1221www1221 StackOverflowError
    edited August 2012
    It won't post anything unless you tell it to.
  • RelaubyRelauby Rising Star
    edited August 2012
    Okay, thanks for the help.