Rockband Blitz Download

Tigers1984Tigers1984 Opening Act
edited September 2012 in Rock Band Blitz
I just downloaded Rockband Blitz. I was under the assumption that the songs from "Blitz" would be playable in "Rockband 3". After downloading, I checked my Rockband 3 song-list and none of the 25 songs from "Blitz" were there. Is there some sort of patch that I need so that the "Blitz" songs appear in my RB3 song-list? Is there something I did wrong?

Please advise.

Comments

• FairwoodStudiosFairwoodStudios Road Warrior
    edited August 2012
    Let's go down the list.

1) What platform? On PS3, you need to actively install the soundtrack. On both, the soundtrack is a separate download, though Blitz should prompt you to download.
    2) Did you download the soundtrack? You kinda need that.
    3) Do the songs appear in Blitz?
    4) Are you checking in Rock Band 3 under DLC? Blitz songs don't sort separately.
  • Tigers1984Tigers1984 Opening Act
    edited August 2012
    XBox 360 is the platform.
    I chedked in RB3 in my DLC and I didn't see them.
    I specifically looked for Rick Springfield's "Jesse's Girl", and it wasn't under the "Rs".
  • FairwoodStudiosFairwoodStudios Road Warrior
    edited August 2012
    You missed #2, though. Did you load up Blitz and download the soundtrack? If you don't do that you won't have the songs.
  • thatmarkguythatmarkguy Road Warrior
    edited August 2012
    Is the song visible in Blitz?

It sound like, for some reason or another (some will guess user error, some will guess phantom glitch) the songs (which are a separate download from the game itself, and the dowload is triggered when you launch the game and it prompts you) weren't downloaded.
    edited August 2012
    I have not done that yet. I downloaded the game off "XBox Live". I will launch the game tonight. Once into the game, where will I see to download the songs, and how much more will that cost?
  • Meat-PopsicleMeat-Popsicle Road Warrior
    edited August 2012
    Tigers1984;4861491 said:
    I have not done that yet. I downloaded the game off "XBox Live". I will launch the game tonight. Once into the game, where will I see to download the songs, and how much more will that cost?

It won't cost you any more money, you were correct in your understanding that the export of the 25 songs from Blitz to Rock Band 3 is included. The process takes a few steps though, and you aren't close to the only person that's skipped through it wrong. Ideally, the whole process would be automatic, just click on the big BUY button, but alas ...

People that have owned a lot of Rock Band titles are used to jumping through these hoops already, a similar (though even more complicated) process has always been needed to export the songs from previous titles into the most recent version of Rock Band.
    edited August 2012
    So, I launch RB Blitz and somewhere on the screen I can "download songs"? I won't be able to do this for several hours, because I'm at work now, so if somebody could detail a step-by-step, I would appreciate it.

Sorry for the hassle.
  • EhfahqEhfahq Headliner
    edited August 2012
    It will ask you if you want to download the songs. It's really simple.
    edited August 2012
    Okay, Thanks guys! Seems having to download the game, then download the songs is a bit redundant, but what do I know.
  • EhfahqEhfahq Headliner
    edited August 2012
    Tigers1984;4861690 said:
    Okay, Thanks guys! Seems having to download the game, then download the songs is a bit redundant, but what do I know.

What if you don't want to download the songs because you don't like them, or you do not have room on your HD. Blitz is 400 megs. The soundtrack is 700. What if you want to delete the game but keep the soundtrack. Splitting it up makes sense. And hardly takes more time. Download, start the game, press a button and you are done.
  • LoopyChewLoopyChew Wordsmith
    edited August 2012
    Also, this way people who want to try the demo 1) don't end up with a bunch of free songs, and 2) don't have to download an extra 700 megs of songs that they may not end up playing in the end anyway.
    edited August 2012
    Can you delete the game and still have the songs? Has anybody done this yet?
  • SheSaidSheSaidSheSaidSheSaid Washed Up
    edited August 2012
    It's also simply to keep the size of the game download relatively small. There are some restrictions on it.
    Tigers1984;4862540 said:
    Can you delete the game and still have the songs? Has anybody done this yet?

Yeah, you can do that. BUT WHY WOULD YOU WANT TO :p
  • HardRockerBrazilHardRockerBrazil Opening Act
    edited September 2012
    I'm having a little trouble with this.
    I accidentally pressed "Cancel Download" when I wanted to get it running (it was pending) and Xbox Live stopped downloading the soundtrack.
    The thing is, the game doesn't ask me to download the soundtrack when I fire it up.
    I thought of checking my Download History to see if I can pick it up from there, but I forgot where it is?
    What should I do in this case?

(additional info: specific to Blitz, I only managed to get Death on Two Legs, One Week and These Days, and I also can't play them on RB3)
  • RelaubyRelauby Rising Star
    edited September 2012
    HardRockerBrazil;4865884 said:
    I'm having a little trouble with this.
    I accidentally pressed "Cancel Download" when I wanted to get it running (it was pending) and Xbox Live stopped downloading the soundtrack.
    The thing is, the game doesn't ask me to download the soundtrack when I fire it up.
    I thought of checking my Download History to see if I can pick it up from there, but I forgot where it is?
    What should I do in this case?

(additional info: specific to Blitz, I only managed to get Death on Two Legs, One Week and These Days, and I also can't play them on RB3)
    The reason you only have those three is because they're the only ones that actually come with the game, and not on the soundtrack you download later. As for where to find your download history on the Xbox, when you're on the dashboard, go all the way over to the right to Settings, and select "Account". "Download History" should be the fourth option on the next screen.