Blitz is the All-Time Best Selling XBLA Title

mikeytsmikeyts Road Warrior
edited August 2012 in Rock Band Blitz
If the list at Xbox.com is to be believed, Rock Band Blitz is already the all-time best selling Xbox Live Arcade title, surpassing Minecraft (whose popularity I will never understand :rolleyes:).

Comments

• MunnchyMunnchy Road Warrior
    edited August 2012
    Tykki-Teme;4861452 said:
    Yeah, I don't quite believe Blitz would've sold millions this fast. Could just be this week's listings.
    I only see options to sort by best selling of today and all time, and blitz is 3rd on the best selling of today
  • BlasteroidsBlasteroids Road Warrior
    edited August 2012
    Yeah something screwy with that All Time stat.
  • SayburrSayburr The Always Informative Rock Band Forum Guru
    edited August 2012
    The reason it is at the #1 spot is because XBLA is also counting all of the song DLC that is also listed on the Blitz page.

It is only the third best sold today... http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/Games/XboxArcadeGames?sortby=BestSellingToday
  • thatmarkguythatmarkguy Road Warrior
    edited August 2012
    Can't hurt for it to be in that slot though. Maybe it'll catch some eyeballs that may otherwise have missed it. At least partially offset the fact that it's seemingly impossible to stumble upon in the PS3 store, where basically the only way to find it is by searching for the word "Blitz" (and even then it's buried beneath a ton of other-game DLC).
  • mikeytsmikeyts Road Warrior
    edited August 2012
    Sayburr;4861463 said:
    The reason it is at the #1 spot is because XBLA is also counting all of the song DLC that is also listed on the Blitz page.

It is only the third best sold today... http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/Games/XboxArcadeGames?sortby=BestSellingToday
    I guess it wouldn't make sense for it to be the best selling title of all time and only the third best selling today when it only went on sale today :D.

The full game is also listed as the best selling piece of DLC, out "selling" the three free songs of the four next best selling items. The trial game isn't in the top 90, so the vast majority of people bought it without downloading that.
  • atalkingfishatalkingfish Opening Act
    edited August 2012
    It literally says "best selling all time", though.
  • WitticusWitticus VERY DEEP
    edited August 2012
    mikeyts;4861482 said:
    I guess it wouldn't make sense for it to be the best selling title of all time and only the third best selling today when it only went on sale today :D.

The full game is also listed as the best selling piece of DLC, out "selling" the three free songs of the four next best selling items. The trial game isn't in the top 90, so the vast majority of people bought it without downloading that.

Don't think that's quite right either. They always put the games above the DLC if they're for sale.

Also it normally takes a couple days from when something goes on sale for it to even enter the rankings since there's normally a 2 day delay. So Blitz DLC is the 3rd best selling arcade game content.
  • RunesmithRunesmith Headliner
    edited August 2012
    Still, being the third best-selling gameo of the day is nothing to scoff at considering it's up against Minecraft (blech) and Counterstrike (blech).
  • Meat-PopsicleMeat-Popsicle Road Warrior
    edited August 2012
    This week's Community Goal: "Let's All Play Metal Songs!" needs everyone who joins to total 100,000 stars on metal songs in Blitz. It's already up to 62,166 ... whoa. Yeah, I'd say this game is selling well.
  • mikeytsmikeyts Road Warrior
    edited August 2012
    Witticus;4861488 said:
    Don't think that's quite right either. They always put the games above the DLC if they're for sale.
    That's not true of every sort order--it sorts them properly by title, top rated and release date. Also the trial game is a game and a sales tool so you'd think that they'd sort that improperly on top if they were going to bump the game.
    edited August 2012
    Meat-Popsicle;4861504 said:
    This week's Community Goal: "Let's All Play Metal Songs!" needs everyone who joins to total 100,000 stars on metal songs in Blitz. It's already up to 62,166 ... whoa. Yeah, I'd say this game is selling well.

O.o It's been out for less than a day......
  • edited August 2012
    Sorry guys, I've been busy swimming in my money vault all day, did I miss anything?
    edited August 2012
    hmxhenry;4861520 said:
    Sorry guys, I've been busy swimming in my money vault all day, did I miss anything?

In all seriousness, I would be interested to see how well this game is doing. I'm surprised how many people are interested in it (and how much fun I am having with it). I just wish there was a good way to get my casual gaming FB friends to play along >.>
  • HMXMister_GameHMXMister_Game Harmonix Developer
    edited August 2012
    munnchy;4861447 said:
    as much as i'm hoping thats true, because that would be awesome, i find it hard to believe blitz has sold 2 million copies in the last 36 hours......
    magicmurderbag7;4861448 said:
    maybe that's this week? Didn't minecraft sell like 2 million copies already?
    tykki-teme;4861452 said:
    yeah, i don't quite believe blitz would've sold millions this fast. Could just be this week's listings.

Don't ruin my dream! My beautiful, beautiful dream.
  • grumblevolcanogrumblevolcano Headliner
    edited August 2012
    Munnchy;4861513 said:
    O.o It's been out for less than a day......

There has been many giveaways though over the past week.
    edited August 2012
    HMXMister_Game;4861533 said:
    don't ruin my dream! My beautiful, beautiful dream.
    Hey! I said that would be awesome! :(
    edited August 2012
    grumblevolcano;4861535 said:
    There has been many giveaways though over the past week.

And yet, I swear the star count was in the low thousands when I went to bed (very late last night)(more like very early this morning).
    edited August 2012
    hmxhenry;4861520 said:

Perhaps it's time to change your avatar to Scrooge McDuck?
  • WitticusWitticus VERY DEEP
    edited August 2012
    Meat-Popsicle;4861543 said:

Or maybe he's lying to you which would be reminiscent of Dr. Doom.
  • Burntoutat22Burntoutat22 Opening Act
    edited August 2012
    Meat-Popsicle;4861543 said:

This. I was totally going to say this. Touche, good sir, touche!
  • CJHobbesCJHobbes Road Warrior
    edited August 2012
    HMXMister_Game;4861533 said:
    Don't ruin my dream! My beautiful, beautiful dream.

If you guys had implemented a mini-game where your blocky, 8-bit avatar irrigates and farms up gold coins (after rearranging your picket fence and cows for the 5th time today), you'd be living in your solid gold castle on your private platinum island, staring at the Cristal waters crashing up against the diamond beaches. All this while soaking in the knowledge that Phase Rufus is ready to begin, and your world domination Rawk(tm) plans 14 years in the making are about to come to fruition, Wyld Stallyns style.

Just remember to be excellent to each other.
  • XSLXSL Unsigned
    edited August 2012
    mikeyts;4861442 said:
    If the list at Xbox.com is to be believed, Rock Band Blitz is already the all-time best selling Xbox Live Arcade title, surpassing Minecraft (whose popularity I will never understand :rolleyes:).
    LOL WRONG! Sure... You can say that... However it will never become a "factual truth". Maybe one day it can be the all time best selling track pack seeing that's all it's worth. You can go right ahead and stop patting yourself on the back. Blitz is junk! Way to take a huge step backwards. Lucky for us it's one of the better track packs you've released in awhile. And thank you for the good deal on the songs. But please turn your company in the direction that got you to this point. And don't look back!
  • DangimarockerDangimarocker Headliner
    edited August 2012
    hmxhenry;4861520 said:

Can i come join? ;)
    edited August 2012
    XSL;4862841 said:
    LOL WRONG! Sure... You can say that... However it will never become a "factual truth". Maybe one day it can be the all time best selling track pack seeing that's all it's worth. You can go right ahead and stop patting yourself on the back. Blitz is junk! Way to take a huge step backwards. Lucky for us it's one of the better track packs you've released in awhile. And thank you for the good deal on the songs. But please turn your company in the direction that got you to this point. And don't look back!

Are you really replying to a forum member as if they are the essence of Harmonix?

Also, Blitz is one of the most fun games I've bought. I've presented it to two other music video gamers and they agree whole-heartedly. So... I don't believe you, I'm sorry.
  • XSLXSL Unsigned
    edited August 2012
    Im not asking anyone to believe me. To each his own right? But if you think blitz will stand the test of time your just fooling yourself. It will come and go, but it's track pack will live on. Im more interested in the future of Rock Band? Now that Blitz is out lets focus on the real deal!
  • SirDavidTLynchSirDavidTLynch Headliner
    edited August 2012
    God forbid some people are still caught in the hype of a game that's only been out for a day.
  • XSLXSL Unsigned
    edited August 2012
    What hype? Go play the first Rock Band. It's a far better game!
  • GNFfhqwhgadsGNFfhqwhgads 99% Washed Up
    edited August 2012
    So did XSL drop his binky or what's causing this?
  • XSLXSL Unsigned
    edited August 2012
    No I just think it’s funny. See at the end of the day they simply found a unique and extremely profitable way to sell a 25 song track pack to 90% of their customers for 15 bucks each in two weeks time. It’s genius! Here “Bob” came to work one day with a great idea on how to sell more than 10 to 20% of the songs they release in a week. Now Bob’s got himself a promotion, a bigger office, bought a new car, he’s squawking his tires at lights, ripping down the road, cutting you off while flipping you off and your “hyped” about it? LOL, I’m done wasting my time sheading truth around here.
  • HMXmattitudeHMXmattitude Harmonix Developer
    edited August 2012
    XSL;4862947 said:
    Here “Bob” came to work one day with a great idea on how to sell more than 10 to 20% of the songs they release in a week. Now Bob’s got himself a promotion, a bigger office, bought a new car, he’s squawking his tires at lights, ripping down the road, cutting you off while flipping you off and your “hyped” about it? LOL

Bob sounds cool! I gotta find out which department he works in...