If you decide to delete the game...

Tom ImpTom Imp Road Warrior
edited August 2012 in Rock Band Blitz
do you also lose the songs in RB3 or do they stay forever?

I have to be honest, I just got the game for the songs, but I was willing to give the game a chance. After playing it I honestly have to say I'm not a fan and can't see myself playing this much.

If I decide to get rid of it, will I also lose the 25 songs?

Comments

• FairwoodStudiosFairwoodStudios Road Warrior
    edited August 2012
    The game and the songs are actually separate files, so you can delete the game data itself and leave the soundtrack data and be all fine with the songs in RB3.
  • HMXMister_GameHMXMister_Game Harmonix Developer
    edited August 2012
    On the 360 at least, as long as you still have the Soundtrack file you will still be able to use the songs in RB3.

Don't know specifics of the PS3.
  • BachiGBachiG Inconceivable...
    edited August 2012
    HMXMister_Game;4861997 said:

I'm guessing that just means it must be in one of the other developer's area of expertise. Can you find out and post back (or one of the developers who knows about the PS3)? I'd be curious about this as well... if only for curiosities sake. Thanks!
  • TubaDude49TubaDude49 Road Warrior
    edited August 2012
    I'd imagine it works fine on PS3. The game file would be saved as a game, and the DLC files would be lumped in the massive Rock Band data file with all the other songs. Deleting one wouldn't affect the other.
  • Hogan2000Hogan2000 Banned
    edited August 2012
    ON the PS3 you download 3 files bruther. Rock Band Blitz demo.... Some kind of 6kb file dude and the soundtrack bruther. They're all seperate. So all you have to do dude is go to the PS3 hard drive and erase Blitz bruther. The soundtrack will still be on there dude.
  • Tom ImpTom Imp Road Warrior
    edited August 2012
    HMXMister_Game;4861997 said:
    On the 360 at least, as long as you still have the Soundtrack file you will still be able to use the songs in RB3.

BachiG;4862098 said:
    I'm guessing that just means it must be in one of the other developer's area of expertise. Can you find out and post back (or one of the developers who knows about the PS3)? I'd be curious about this as well... if only for curiosities sake. Thanks!
    Yeah, a confirmation for the PS3 would be appreciated here as well before I wind up deleting it all and have to redownload.

As seen with the DLC loading, it's obvious that things are different on the PS3 and the XBox 360, so I'd rather be safe than sorry.
  • BravoGangUSBravoGangUS Unsigned
    edited August 2012
    I have PS3.

I haven't done this (because I LOVE Rock Band Blitz) but you will be fine if you were to delete the game. The RB:Blitz songs were a separate download thus they have nothing to do with the game and whether or not you have it.