Blitz Coins Lost Because of Pulled Song?

XusderXusder Unsigned
edited August 2012 in Rock Band Blitz
Hey everybody! Playing RB:Blitz like a mad man recently and I just noticed this.

This really surprised me out of left field, but when I played "Ron Wasserman - Revengers", seems like the game couldn't connect to Rock Central for some reason, and disconnected me from the game, bringing me back the main menu, and making me wait for "Discovering Download Content" process. That made me waste time and, more importantly, coins from the power-ups I used.

I tried the song again, thinking it to be just a wierd hiccup in my internet connection (I'm uploading some random video to YouTube, my router dies whenever I do that), and yet again the same problem persisted. From 3000 coins, I lost most of them during these two attempts. Mostly my fault for doing it with power-ups active, haha!

That's when I decided to play a different song, one from the official RB DLC releases (30 Seconds To Mars - Attack), and it worked perfectly. Connected to Rock Central, and got some paltry amount of coins for doing a new song, etc.

Was just thinking, since the RBN song was pulled, maybe that had something to do with it? No official leader-board ranking and so on maybe, so the game just struggles to connect. I'm going to play some of the other songs I got that have been pulled off the marketplace and see if it really is that issue, haha! (With no power-ups active of course, don't wanna lose my coins).

Comments

• DragoonXDDragoonXD Road Warrior
    edited August 2012
    I had the same thing happen with Bohemian Like You by The Dandy Warhols, but then it happened again on Heat Seeking Ghost of Sex right afterwards, which has not been pulled. So I assumed it was my internet.
  • edited August 2012
    That explains why that one Thomas Walker song I have does that everytime. I'll experiment tomorrow with Atomic and Bohemian Like You.
  • XusderXusder Unsigned
    edited August 2012
    Just looked through some of my pulled and duplicate songs. Some of them have no leader-board listings.

The pulled songs obviously had none, but the duplicates were special.

For example the released versions of "Cate Sparks - Whatever Happened To You" and "Reverend Horton Heat - Indigo Friends" have scores. But the duplicate songs in my list for the leader-board have no scores.

(Links are pictures are of Reverend Horton Heat - Indigo Friends official and duplicate releases.)
  • Lowlander2Lowlander2 FaIling Star
    edited August 2012
    Might be that if the song isn't officially registered or something, it won't work properly. I tried to play That'll Be The Day (a song that won't hit the store until Thursday's upodate) twice, and both times the game booted me back to main menu afterwards.

And yet Juke Joint Jezebel works find and that was pulled...
  • TheOzoneTheOzone Road Warrior
    edited August 2012
    Yeah... don't play Revengers with power-ups.
  • XusderXusder Unsigned
    edited August 2012
    TheOzone;4862248 said:
    Yeah... don't play Revengers with power-ups.
    Haha! Now ya tells me!
    Lowlander2;4862240 said:
    Might be that if the song isn't officially registered or something, it won't work properly. I tried to play That'll Be The Day (a song that won't hit the store until Thursday's upodate) twice, and both times the game booted me back to main menu afterwards.
    Hmm, that's probably the case. Unless HMX has the song up and registered on the boards, it won't connect and you'd probably lose your points (if you used your power-ups).

Anyways, just tested Indigo Friends, both the duplicate/pulled and the official release. And while the official release got me coins and a ranking, the duplicate/pulled release got me booted off the game with nothing except an error message.
    Really, it was pulled? Just wondering, cause that link is still active (meaning I can buy it, it doesn't lead me to an error page online), and I don't see the duplicate/pulled version listed...
  • Bront20Bront20 The Writing's on the Wall
    edited August 2012
    Lowlander2;4862240 said:
    Some of the songs mentioned were pulled before official release, vs Juke Joint, which was pulled much later (I think it's still available on the PS3).
  • ricecakericecake Road Warrior
    edited August 2012
    Bront20;4862339 said:
    Some of the songs mentioned were pulled before official release, vs Juke Joint, which was pulled much later (I think it's still available on the PS3).
    No, both "Juke Joint Jezebel" and "A Drug Against War" (as well as "Guitar Sound" by Ronald Jenkees) were pulled from the PS3 store.