Official Discussion Thread: DLC Week of 9/4 - Linkin Park 4 Pack!

edited September 2012 in Rock Band
hmxhenry;4859900 said:
Hey gang,

Since their formation in the mid-90s, Linkin Park have toyed with conventional sounds of electronica, hip-hop, and rock to create a remarkable and unmistakable sound. On September 4th, the number of playable Linkin Park tracks in Rock Band Music Library increases by four with the release of “Linkin Park Pack 02”!

Leading the pack is “Breaking the Habit,” the fifth and final single from the band’s second album, 2003’s critically and commercially successful Meteora. “Shadow of the Day,” the chart-topping single from their third album, 2007’s Minutes to Midnight, is also included in the pack. Also making the cut is “New Divide,” the highly successful single written exclusively for the 2009 film, Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen. Finally, “Burn It Down,” from the band’s latest album, Living Things, closes out this pack of four hits.

Fans can pick up these four tracks, as singles or as part of the pack, from the Rock Band Music Store starting on September 4th!

Available on Xbox 360, Wii and PlayStation®3 system (September 4th, 2012):

• Linkin Park – “Breaking the Habit” O
• Linkin Park – “Shadow of the Day” O
• Linkin Park – “New Divide” O X
• Linkin Park – “Burn It Down” O

(These tracks will be available in Europe on PlayStation®3 system September 12th)

Tracks marked with “O” feature support for keyboards; tracks marked with “X” will offer Pro Guitar and Pro Bass expansions for $0.99 per song.

Price:

$6.99 USD, £3.49 UK, €5.29 EU (560 Microsoft Points, 700 Wii Points™) for the “Linkin Park Pack 02”
$1.99 USD, £.99 UK, €1.49 EU (160 Microsoft Points ™, 200 Wii Points™) per song
$0.99 USD (80 Microsoft Points™, 100 Wii Points™), £0.59 UK, €0.79 EU per song for eligible Pro Guitar/Pro Bass upgrade

** Dates for Rock Band game tracks are tentative and subject to change. **

To discuss this DLC please visit the official discussion thread in the Rock Band forum.

For all DLC song credits, including album and genre info as well as difficulty ratings, you can check out the Songs page.

And for awesome background information on this content, including recording details, album of origin, and release details you can head on over to the Rock Band 'Zine for brand new articles!
hmxhenry;4861743 said:
There was a blip in the servers late in the week so we may not have a 360 RBN update this week. The team is at PAX until early next week so we'll update this thread with RBN info as soon as we can. Keep posted!

Discuss this weeks DLC and commence wild speculation on what it means to see a 4 pack. ;)

Comments

• ClaptonsWigClaptonsWig I Can't Dance
    edited August 2012
    This is crap
  • jibjqrkljibjqrkl Eventually Perceptive
    edited August 2012
  • dinomandinoman Rising Star
    edited August 2012
    awesome week! it should have been "Faint" instead of "Shadow Of The Day". But i love this pack regardless!
  • Lowlander2Lowlander2 FaIling Star
    edited August 2012
  • RockBandRockerRockBandRocker Love Is A Battleship
    edited August 2012
    WTF?!?!

We finally get "Breaking The Habit" (which should have been in the first pack, IMO) and it's not the choice for the upgrade.

This makes me simultaneously happy (finally getting the 1 Linkin Park song I love) and sad (that it doesn't have pro guitar).
  • SheSaidSheSaidSheSaidSheSaid Washed Up
    edited August 2012
    Sayburr;4863833 said:
    Well, look at that... the "leak" was wrong.

Yeah, that was my first thought too. Poor fogey-rock fans, they were /this/ close!

Good pack. "Breaking the Habit" was a mystifying exclusion from the first pack. I dig "Shadow of the Day," too, and "New Divide" is all right. Don't really care for "Burn it Down," but of course I'm getting the pack immediately.
  • Tykki-TemeTykki-Teme Road Warrior
    edited August 2012
    I rejoiced when I saw Linkin Park, but nearly cried when I noticed that 3/4 are post-Meteora material.

I'm rarely this critical when it comes to music, but everything LP has released after Meteora is absolutely horrible IMO. So, at the same time I'm thrilled (because Breaking the Habit) and extremely annoyed.
  • dinomandinoman Rising Star
    edited August 2012
    the guitar part of that song is boring compared to their other stuff
  • MarlboroMarlboro Road Warrior
    edited August 2012
    "Burn It Down" is the only one I'm unfamiliar with the rest I like.
  • diieeegodiieeego Opening Act
    edited August 2012
    this is nice. i didn't think we'd ever get Linkin Park again as we virtually have every major song by them already, but this is cool
  • CamoTCCamoTC Opening Act
    edited August 2012
    I hate to be that guy, but honestly the only Linkin Park song I would buy is Faint. I expected it to be included in a second pack bawww
  • grumblevolcanogrumblevolcano Headliner
    edited August 2012
    What artwork will "New Divide" have? There's the single, Transformers 2 Soundtrack and A Thousand Suns artwork to choose from (New Divide was a bonus track for A Thousand Suns).
  • Pointblank41Pointblank41 Rising Star
    edited August 2012
    completely unexpected surprise!

Day one purchase for me, also excited to see a movie soundtrack song get released, HMX has said that usually those are much harder to license.

This gives me hope that one day we'll get Soul to Squeeze by RHCP and the Flash Gordan theme by Queen
  • SheSaidSheSaidSheSaidSheSaid Washed Up
    edited August 2012
    JBlack240;4863845 said:
    One of the best weeks of the year! I can forgive the lack of Faint on the fact that you guys managed to get New Divide though.
    dinoman;4863849 said:
    awesome week! it should have been "Faint" instead of "Shadow Of The Day". But i love this pack regardless!
    CamoTC;4863859 said:
    I hate to be that guy, but honestly the only Linkin Park song I would buy is Faint. I expected it to be included in a second pack bawww
    Why "Faint" you guys? A song with no guitar in the verses and only straight eighth notes in the choruses? Seems like it would be a total snooze. (And for as much as I dig "Waiting for the End," it's kind of not so awesome as an RB song) You thinking drums? Or vocals?
  • rsm790rsm790 Rising Star
    edited August 2012
    I should have known the 70's song was a lie
  • edited August 2012
    Just because the leaked songs weren't this week doesn't mean they aren't coming. 2112 leaked a month before it showed up.
  • Tykki-TemeTykki-Teme Road Warrior
    edited August 2012
    Wait, "(These tracks will be available in Europe on PlayStation®3 system September 12th)".

WTH?
  • geo2n2geo2n2 Road Warrior
    edited August 2012
    Not my thing, but I'm guessing it will sell well.
  • dikettedikette Opening Act
    edited August 2012
    Hmm..
    I was hoping for the "leaked" ones.
    I have to pass Linkin Park... I'm glad that I got Blitz, so i have a lot of new songs to play! :D
  • www1221www1221 StackOverflowError
    edited August 2012
    The leak was wrong which means we are getting a BOC pack soon! As for these songs meh
  • TheStuddzTheStuddz Lil Rascal
    edited August 2012
    dinoman;4863849 said:
    it should have been "Faint" instead of "Shadow Of The Day".

No way! "Shadow Of The Day" is the best song in this pack. And I don't like "Faint".
  • SeymourDuncan17SeymourDuncan17 Road Warrior
    edited August 2012
    ANOTHER pack without Bleed It Out. Jimmies thoroughly rustled.
  • RockBandRockerRockBandRocker Love Is A Battleship
    edited August 2012
    TheStuddz;4863872 said:
    No way! "Shadow Of The Day" is the best song in this pack. And I don't like "Faint".

Wrong.

"Breaking The Habit" is the best song on offer here. ;)
  • CamoTCCamoTC Opening Act
    edited August 2012
    SheSaidSheSaid;4863864 said:
    Why "Faint" you guys? A song with no guitar in the verses and only straight eighth notes in the choruses? Seems like it would be a total snooze. (And for as much as I dig "Waiting for the End," it's kind of not so awesome as an RB song) You thinking drums? Or vocals?

Well for me, it's because it was on a mix CD my friend gave me when I was in 6th grade. Its the only Linkin Park song I know all the lyrics to. It's by no means a good song, but it would sure as hell be fun to sing. And those drums do sound like they would be interesting as well.
  • ClaptonsWigClaptonsWig I Can't Dance
    edited August 2012
    grumblevolcano;4863860 said:
    What artwork will "New Divide" have? There's the single, Transformers 2 Soundtrack and A Thousand Suns artwork to choose from (New Divide was a bonus track for A Thousand Suns).

I'd imagine A Thousand Suns, Moves Like Jagger was a bonus song and got that album cover.
  • MPPMikeMPPMike Rising Star
    edited August 2012
    Ugh, I'm not a Linkin Park fan. I'll consider buying it if friends' demand is high enough. That was why I bought the first LP pack. We don't get together much these days though.

Thankfully I love the Blitz setlist, and will be happily playing those songs (and the game if it stops taking 30 minutes to load DLC every time) for quite awhile.
  • Dogmatic2020Dogmatic2020 Rising Star
    edited August 2012
    Poppy dubstep (Burn it Down). We are not worthy, Harmonix.
  • jeronemitchelljeronemitchell Road Warrior
    edited August 2012
    Unfortunately, I'll probably never be 100% happy with a Linkin Park pack, as my fave tracks are album cuts ("Papercut" being the biggest example) or second/third tier singles.

With that said... I doubt this will be anything but a day one purchase.
  • JBlack240JBlack240 Road Warrior
    edited August 2012
    SheSaidSheSaid;4863864 said:

Mainly because it's my favorite track from them that we don't have.
  • AppleScruff88AppleScruff88 Opening Act
    edited August 2012
    Aww..I was really hoping for BOC. I'm not a big fan of newer Linkin Park, so this is a pass.