Official Discussion Thread: DLC Week of 9/4 - Linkin Park 4 Pack!

Comments

• Tykki-TemeTykki-Teme Road Warrior
    edited August 2012
    I may have to change my initial opinion. New Divide and Burn It Down are starting to sound... okay. Even though I still heavily dislike Shadow of the Day, I might get the whole pack anyway.

Still, Pack 3 better be Hybrid Theory/Meteora tracks only.
  • KemirochKemiroch Opening Act
    edited August 2012
    I'm not surprised to see LP appear with a large (nowadays) pack. I figured it was only a matter of time, since the first pack apparently sold like hotcakes. What's good for the goose...

That said, I will not be buying any of the songs. The genre just instantly turns me off. I would have bought at least 2/3 of the rumored singles, though. Maybe next week. At least I have the Blitz songs to tide me over for a while.
  • TkDiamonDTkDiamonD Rising Star
    edited August 2012
    Awesome! Will be picking up all of these, I had a feeling we'd see some more LP pop up at some point, but still a pleasant surprise :)
  • TheDescentTheDescent Road Warrior
    edited August 2012
    What kind of choices...

Who chose these songs? I guess that Papercut and Faint would have been better than Shadow Of The Day/Burn It Down.

And we already have New Divide. It's called What I've Done.

That said, I've been waiting for breaking the habit so long. Getting this and New Divide (but just because one of my bandmates wants to sing it so badly).

Vote for me: 4,5/10.

Now I'll have to wait a whole year to get the LP songs I want.
  • SheSaidSheSaidSheSaidSheSaid Washed Up
    edited August 2012
    RockBandRocker;4863875 said:
    Wrong.

"Breaking The Habit" is the best song on offer here. ;)

This man speaks the truth.
  • ClaptonsWigClaptonsWig I Can't Dance
    edited August 2012
    SheSaidSheSaid;4863864 said:
    Why "Faint" you guys? A song with no guitar in the verses and only straight eighth notes in the choruses? Seems like it would be a total snooze. (And for as much as I dig "Waiting for the End," it's kind of not so awesome as an RB song) You thinking drums? Or vocals?

So we should pick songs over the amount of Guitar used? A snooze fest would be this pack as a whole in comparison to no Hybrid Theory or better Meteora songs.
  • jeronemitchelljeronemitchell Road Warrior
    edited August 2012
    SheSaidSheSaid;4863853 said:
    Yeah, that was my first thought too. Poor fogey-rock fans, they were /this/ close!.

Every time we get something from the 2000's on in and the usual complainers start, I'm going to think in my head "poor fogey-rock fans"... and begin giggling.
    rsm790;4863865 said:
    I should have known the 70's song was a lie
    ... tee hee hee hee hee
  • mmetznermmetzner Opening Act
    edited August 2012
    Have to admit, I'd have loved anything off 'Hybrid Theory' or 'Given Up', 'Faint' or 'No More Sorrow'. I'll probably just get Breaking the Habit this time. Hopefully it'll sell well enough to get a third pack with 'Papercut' at some point.
    edited August 2012
    Tykki-Teme;4863886 said:

Still, Pack 3 better be Hybrid Theory/Meteora tracks only.

A Pack with Papercut, Points Of Authority and Faint would outsell this one so badly. Probably would outsell 01, but In The End it's a tough adversary.
    edited August 2012
    jeronemitchell;4863896 said:
    Every time we get something from the 2000's on in and the usual complainers start, I'm going to think in my head "poor fogey-rock fans"... and begin giggling.
    :p

The good news for them is those songs probably /are/ coming. Most everything that's "leaked" in this way comes true eventually. As MMB noted, it took a solid month for 2112.
    TheDescent;4863903 said:
    A Pack with Papercut, Points Of Authority and Faint would outsell this one so badly. Probably would outsell 01, but In The End it's a tough adversary.

I find that a little hard to believe. Or am I just the one weirdo who thinks those are three of their most forgettable songs? I would probably pass on that pack altogether, and as I said I'm day-one-instabuy-come on is it up yet?! for this one.
  • HetzHetz Rising Star
    edited August 2012
    ugh...I knew the "leak" was too good to be true.... :(
  • grumblevolcanogrumblevolcano Headliner
    edited August 2012
    I think this 2nd pack is fair given that the 7 songs we had before this was mostly the Nu-Metal era.
    RB2: 1 Hybrid Theory
    01: 2 Hybrid Theory, 2 Meteora, 1 Minutes to Midnight, 1 A Thousand Suns
    02: 1 Meteora, 1 Minutes to Midnight, 1 Soundtrack/A Thousand Suns, 1 Living Things

So now there are 6 Nu-Metal songs and 5 Alternative/Electronic songs.
  • dinomandinoman Rising Star
    edited August 2012
    SheSaidSheSaid;4863907 said:
    :p

The good news for them is those songs probably /are/ coming. Most everything that's "leaked" in this way comes true eventually. As MMB noted, it took a solid month for 2112.

I find that a little hard to believe. Or am I just the one weirdo who thinks those are three of their most forgettable songs? I would probably pass on that pack altogether, and as I said I'm day-one-instabuy-come on is it up yet?! for this one.

They wouldn't be forgettable... all three songs are singles
    edited August 2012
    What does that have to do with anything?
  • sillystousillystou Headliner
    edited August 2012
    Not sure how I feel about this... 3 songs from after their album meteora? Not sure... I'll really have to listen to the songs before making a decision.
  • dinomandinoman Rising Star
    edited August 2012
    singles usually aren't forgettable
  • samjjonessamjjones Road Warrior
    edited August 2012
    Hot pack. I approve.

Kinda surprised that HMX was able to work out the licensing for a "written for a movie" song like "New Divide".

I'm going to hold out a little bit of hope that they can figure out something for the Queen movie-related tunes at some point, too.
  • BruceDickinsonBruceDickinson Road Warrior
    edited August 2012
    I would have loved Given Up or Bleed It Out. Congrats to the fans though.
  • 3pic81ueUnicorn3pic81ueUnicorn Not Active Enough
    edited August 2012
    Definitely getting "New Divide" and "Burn It Down". Also would have liked to see "Bleed It Out" but 2/4 is still pretty good.
  • CJHobbesCJHobbes Road Warrior
    edited August 2012
    Think I'll cherry pick "Breaking the Habit". Not a huge fan of LP's previous 3 albums. Though, I would score high on "A New Divide" since I've played it already. (coughs)

For a replacement pack, I'd rather have Papercut, A Place for my Head, Hit the Floor, and Runaway. Faint is good, though I'd want the cut with Jay-Z. Yeah, I like that mashup, sue me. :p
    edited August 2012
    SheSaidSheSaid;4863907 said:

I think that 40% of the people who bought LP01 did it mostly for the nostalgia they had. I used to listen to LP a LOT when Hybrid Theory came out, and so did my friends7bandmates. The songs in that pack aren't exactly great (guitar and bass are particularly boring compared to others nu-metal songs) but we played the hell out of those songs. Staples at parties.

This new pack doesn't have the same power to me. These songs aren't particularly good instrumentally-wise (I'm not talking about the quality of the music or it would take a whole thread by itself) except for breaking the habit, cause it's uptempo beat makes it interesting.

A thing I didn't like about 01 was the lack of (quite) fast songs. I wanted fast-paced rythms for 02, with the songs I already mentioned or Bleed it Out, Runaway, Don't Stay. I hope that pack 03 will give us something both challenging and fun for parties.
  • rsm790rsm790 Rising Star
    edited August 2012
    These look extremely boring on the video
  • firedoom666firedoom666 Headliner
    edited August 2012
    sorry Shinedown but this is the new Pack of the year!!

but I am disappointed that we did not get Faint or The Catalyst
  • sillystousillystou Headliner
    edited August 2012
    after listening, I'll buy all 4. Thx HMX!
  • grumblevolcanogrumblevolcano Headliner
    edited August 2012
    SheSaidSheSaid;4863914 said:
    What does that have to do with anything?

"Papercut" and "Faint" are fan favourites too. "Points of Authority" isn't a single in it's Hybrid Theory form but as the Reanimation remix "Pts. Of. Athrty". The remaining singles we haven't got are:

Papercut
    Pts. Of. Athrty
    Faint
    From the Inside
    Lying From You
    Numb/Encore
    Bleed It Out
    Given Up
    Leave Out All the Rest
    The Catalyst
    Burning in the Skies
    Iridescent
    Lost in the Echo

Still plenty left for more packs and as Rush has shown, the length of time between packs don't have to be long.
  • EhfahqEhfahq Headliner
    edited August 2012
    A huge no thank you.
  • Cipher_PeonCipher_Peon I don't get it at all
    edited August 2012
    Congrats to Grumble!!!
    But no Bleed It Out makes me sad :(
  • ClaptonsWigClaptonsWig I Can't Dance
    edited August 2012
    grumblevolcano;4863936 said:
    "Papercut" and "Faint" are fan favourites too. "Points of Authority" isn't a single in it's Hybrid Theory form but as the Reanimation remix "Pts. Of. Athrty". The remaining singles we haven't got are:

Papercut
    Pts. Of. Athrty
    Faint
    From the Inside
    Lying From You
    Numb/Encore
    Bleed It Out
    Given Up
    Leave Out All the Rest
    The Catalyst
    Burning in the Skies
    Iridescent
    Lost in the Echo

Still plenty left for more packs and as Rush has shown, the length of time between packs don't have to be long.

Papercut
    Faint
    Numb
    Bleed It Out (Only to nab another GH track)

The rest would be über blah
  • VerreauxVerreaux Opening Act
    edited August 2012
    It's nice to see Breaking the Habit and Shadow of the Day make the jump to RB, so those might get rainy day buys. However, I hate New Divide and Burn it Down with a passion so those are definite skips. Glad for the fans though!
  • crash13crash13 Jiminy jillickers!
    edited August 2012
    I'm okay with this. Just not Burn It Down.