Rock Band World: The [iOS/Android] app?

LoopyChewLoopyChew Wordsmith
edited August 2012 in Rock Band Blitz
Out of curiosity, have you considered the viability of taking the FB interface and integrating it into a portable app? Some of us may be insane enough to want to do this sort of thing on the go--check out current score wars and statuses, add songs to the shopping cart, etc. Lots of apps have Facebook integration in-built (I don't know if I've seen any where it's outright REQUIRED), and can be opened from the Facebook app (e.g. Spotify, Cooliris, etc.).

It's a thought more than anything else, and no doubt has crossed meeting tables from time to time, but I figure I'd bring it up here to see what kind of forum support there might be in such an endeavor.

Comments

• johnnyboybladejohnnyboyblade Opening Act
    edited August 2012
    I would love something like this!

I'm really hoping they're just waiting to see how people react to Blitz/World first before taking it to that level too. It would come especially in handy for those who don't have a computer physically close to their console to check on goals during gameplay.
  • Bront20Bront20 The Writing's on the Wall
    edited August 2012
    I'd love it, but not holding my breath.
  • Burntoutat22Burntoutat22 Opening Act
    edited August 2012
    I'd use the hell out of a RB:World App or access to it through the facebook app on Android/iOS. I had to keep going back and forth between my PC and my couch to keep track of my current goals. At the very least, RB:3 and RB:B should have access to the RB:World data in-game. That would be a good start, IMO.
  • BookerBooker Rising Star
    edited August 2012
    Couldn't access Rock Band World through Facebook on my phone or through a browser but I just tried going directly to http://apps.facebook.com/rock-band-world and it opens up fine. (and this was on my crappy HTC Wildfire S, so it should work on any phone.)
  • HMXMister_GameHMXMister_Game Harmonix Developer
    edited August 2012
    johnnyboyblade;4862337 said:
    I would love something like this!

I'm really hoping they're just waiting to see how people react to Blitz/World first before taking it to that level too.

Pretty much exactly this. We've talked about it, but it's a pretty big undertaking. No plans.
  • HetzHetz Rising Star
    edited August 2012
    I would love an iPad app to go along with the Facebook one.
  • LoopyChewLoopyChew Wordsmith
    edited August 2012
    Booker;4862390 said:
    Couldn't access Rock Band World through Facebook on my phone or through a browser but I just tried going directly to http://apps.facebook.com/rock-band-world and it opens up fine. (and this was on my crappy HTC Wildfire S, so it should work on any phone.)
    It tries to redirect to a non-existent mobile version of the application on the iPhone. Maybe on an iPad.
    HMXMister_Game;4862399 said:
    Pretty much exactly this. We've talked about it, but it's a pretty big undertaking. No plans.
    What if I look at you with puppy dog eyes? Would that help anything? I've got the puppy dog right here
    edited August 2012
    LoopyChew;4862438 said:
    It tries to redirect to a non-existent mobile version of the application on the iPhone. Maybe on an iPad.
    Don't know if it will make any difference but I use a browser called Dolphin that I picked up off the android app store (Don't know if iThings will let you use alternate browsers)
  • LoopyChewLoopyChew Wordsmith
    edited August 2012
    Booker;4862539 said:
    Don't know if it will make any difference but I use a browser called Dolphin that I picked up off the android app store (Don't know if iThings will let you use alternate browsers)

It works on Chrome, but the real estate is still limited.
    edited August 2012
    LoopyChew;4862557 said:
    It works on Chrome, but the real estate is still limited.
    I know it's not the same as an app, but in my case it's preferable to having to warm up my PC (the amount of coal it uses is astronomical!) :-)
  • wealldiebadlywealldiebadly Unsigned
    edited August 2012
    I would definately be interested in an app for iOS.
  • murphmurph Rising Star
    edited August 2012
    yes please.

first off, whoever's idea it was to NOT show the goals in-game needs to smacked around a little.

second, the workaround for this is to TRY and browse the desktop version of FB on a tiny mobile phone screen to see what goals i am participating in. this is painful to say the least.

an IOS/Android app that showed goals would be killer.
  • johnnyboybladejohnnyboyblade Opening Act
    edited August 2012

Thanks for the update!

I guess it's probably better for my social life having it as it is now anyway :-p
  • LensnartLensnart Opening Act
    edited August 2012
    I just want a way to access RBW without having to run back and forth to my computer to see if I beat a goal, or have a request to help, or have room to add a new goal to my list, every few songs.

Also it would be nice to have a way to access RBW without completely disabling my cookie security. I am really not cool with allowing third parties to use cookies on my computer and this is the only Facebook app I have come across or even website for that matter that required I do so.

I love the idea of the whole thing though. It really adds another level of fun to Blitz and finally makes RB3 interesting again. Something tells me Blitz was born out of RBW being as an idea of finding a way to add more life to RB3. RBW provides us with the challenges many wanted and Blitz and its coin system gave those challenges some substance and a system of rewards. If I'm right in that, the whole thing is genius.

But yes an app on one of my more mobile devices would certainly kick it up another notch.
  • KnottyMarieKnottyMarie Rising Star
    edited August 2012

Okay, so an undertaking of an iOS/Android app is out of the question. What about fixing the damn app within Facebook so that it fits properly within the frames? Or making the goals accessible via the game? Running back and forth between computer and xbox (not in same room) is a HUGE waste of time and a royal pain in the (fill in the blank)