NFL / College Football Seasons

Comments

• i don't do predictions because there are just too many unknowns in professional sports. all its takes it one or two key injuries/suspensions and the whoie season is done for.

I will enjoy seeing my cardinals get 12 wins though and going back to the nfc title game though. heh
  • Well I can safely say that my terrible predictions are bad after 2 games this season. At this point I'd be shocked if my Seahawks win another game this season. Only scoring 3 points against a Rams team that is tanking for the top pick (even though they'll be giving Tennessee that pick for the trade up for Goff). This year's Seahawks offense might be worse than the '92 Seahawks offense was (and that offense had the fewest points in a 16 game schedule among other dubiously bad statistics.)
  • the Rams always give the Seahawks trouble. they'll probably be in the playoffs, at least
  • SDSU Aztecs keep rolling. Chargers get a win and look good while losing another key player to ACL injury. Now I just need the Trojans to step up and start making something happen.
  • Roooooll Tiiiiiide
  • DrowGamer77DrowGamer77 Serious Business

Well I can safely say that my terrible predictions are bad after 2 games this season. At this point I'd be shocked if my Seahawks win another game this season. Only scoring 3 points against a Rams team that is tanking for the top pick (even though they'll be giving Tennessee that pick for the trade up for Goff). This year's Seahawks offense might be worse than the '92 Seahawks offense was (and that offense had the fewest points in a 16 game schedule among other dubiously bad statistics.)

yeah, but that year the 'Hawks were the #1 ranked defense (Cortez Kennedy) and we got Rick Mirer (instead of Bledsoe) out of the draft the following year.... hahaha, oh wait - what am I saying? That sucked. Both starting QBs injured and they marched on with 3rd string Stan Motherf**ing Gelbaugh! Those were DARK times, yo.

like the "game" yesterday that the Seahawks played. That was rough to watch. garbage. At least it's early in the season!
  • the seahawks may be in even worse shape since being fined and losing a draft pick and a week of the offseason next year, that's gonna hurt.

it was nice seeing the cardinals being the cardinals on sunday though, wish that team would have shown up against the patriots the week before.
  • Steelers 2-0 after a nice divisional win vs. Cincinnati. Keep that o-line healthy and we've got a shot at the AFC title. :)
  • so after last nights win, one has to wonder how much of brady's success is due to him and how much is due to Belichick
  • darkwinterbeast8darkwinterbeast8 Headliner
    edited September 2016

yeah, but that year the 'Hawks were the #1 ranked defense (Cortez Kennedy) and we got Rick Mirer (instead of Bledsoe) out of the draft the following year.... hahaha, oh wait - what am I saying? That sucked. Both starting QBs injured and they marched on with 3rd string Stan Motherf**ing Gelbaugh! Those were DARK times, yo.

At this point of the year the Seahawks look eerily similar to those Seahawks (Defense playing their A game; offense looking like feces). That being said the '92 Seahawks QB situation was way worse than this year's team. If this year's Seahawks were down to their 3rd QB it means they would've signed someone off the street (like what happened with the Browns signing ex-Seahawk Clipboard Jesus earlier this week.) If that happened it'd be a lost season to end lost seasons.

Also, Cortez Kennedy had an absurdly dominant '92 season that was hidden behind that team's historically bad offense.
    like the "game" yesterday that the Seahawks played. That was rough to watch. garbage. At least it's early in the season!
    Hopefully they can score more than 1 measly field goal this week. If they lose to the 49ers who are starting Blaine Gabbert (who is on par with Stan Gelbaugh in the bad qbs department) then their season is likely over.
  • Lady Gaga at the Super Bowl

• wh1t3kn1tewh1t3kn1te Opening Act
    well we had a good run, but it seems the pre 2008 cardinals have returned, and so has the cardinal curse.
  • calloycalloy Unsigned
    they could always move back to St. Louis to complete the cycle
    if they really wanted to go full circle they would move back to Chicago, but then where would the bears go, Canada?
  • well we had a good run, but it seems the pre 2008 cardinals have returned, and so has the cardinal curse.

Surprised at how Bad the Cardinals looked so far this year. I'd have thought they'd win the Opener vs the Patirots without Brady. At this point Seattle might either back into the NFC West title or have a dog fight with the other ex-St. Louis team that Kurt Warner took to a Super Bowl.

if they really wanted to go full circle they would move back to Chicago, but then where would the bears go, Canada?

They could full circle themselves back to Decatur to become The Decatur Staleys again.
  • LordFlatusLordFlatus Rising Star
    go chargers
    haha, Carolina
    it wasn't pretty but the cardinals won tonight, finally ending their drought.

now on to the jets...
    that first half of the game was TERRIBLE

that first half of the game was TERRIBLE

I wish I could agree 100 times to this lol

• We've had tie games in back to back weeks this season for the first time since 1997. I wonder if there will be a tie game this week.

Also, The number 4 team in the Football Playoff shouldn't lose to Mississippi State like that. Maybe Washington should've been ranked 4 instead of Texas A&M.
  • Go Hawks!
  • food for thought. the cardinals are 2 games behind, and have the tie breaker. better hope they don't get on fire the 2nd half of the season.

Go Hawks!

Nice to get a win on National TV with actual touchdowns against another great team!
  • well I'm done with hoping the cardinals make the playoffs this year, their special teams are really not that special.

• well I'm done with hoping the cardinals make the playoffs this year, their special teams are really not that special.

Very Surprised that Arizona has looked bad most of the season. It makes the tie game against the Seahawks even more surprising than just kickers on both teams missing game winning field goals .

I will say that Earl Thomas' season ending injury does give a small glimmer of hope for Arizona's playoff push.
  • Chargers are done and are going to move, but the Trojans came roaring back and are in the Rose Bowl where they will demolish the boy abusers, and the Aztecs are conference champs and made it to the Las Vegas Bowl where they just might get blown out by Houston, but they might also win.
  • Sucks that the Chargers would rather be the Jets of the West Coast than stay in San Diego. No fan base deserves the sickening feeling of a team relocation (aside from maybe Oklahoma City losing the Blunder).

Wold love to see USC beat down the boy abusers too. Still annoyed that Wisconsin couldn't finish the job in the Big Ten Championship.
  • The only time I went to the actual Rose Bowl game was... USC versus PSU. I won tickets and hotel playing NCAA football on Xbox!

Very Surprised that Arizona has looked bad most of the season. It makes the tie game against the Seahawks even more surprising than just kickers on both teams missing game winning field goals .

I will say that Earl Thomas' season ending injury does give a small glimmer of hope for Arizona's playoff push.
    while I would love to see Arizona in the playoffs, one player does not make that much of impact on a team as talented as the seahawks. they will beat the packers and win the division, I'm just wondering if the cardinals can win 3 of their last 4 and edge out some of the other teams for a 6 seed