NFL / College Football Seasons

Comments

• wh1t3kn1tewh1t3kn1te Opening Act
    kaepernick would fit well with seattle's system, but how tough is he compared to Wilson. they may need a third option by week 10.

as far as Arizona goes, I think once Williams gets some confidence he could be a diamond in the rough. their success definitely depends on carson though, if he cant stop throwing interceptions they will have another 7 win season
  • If kaep gets signed and then injured by week 10, Seattle can have RG III sign and start that week only to get injured. After that they may need to convince Matt Hasselbeck to come out of retirement or sign Clipboard Jesus. Regardless, if Wilson is injured to the point he can't play it doesn't matter who starts. They're done.

as far as Arizona goes, I think once Williams gets some confidence he could be a diamond in the rough. their success definitely depends on carson though, if he cant stop throwing interceptions they will have another 7 win season

Even with that 7 wins might just be enough to win the NFC West again (Unless the Rams take many strides this season).
  • Also, Thursday Night's Rams-49ers game was quite the unexpected shoot-out considering the teams in said game.
  • LordFlatusLordFlatus Rising Star

...or sign Clipboard Jesus.

As a die-hard USC fan, I love this nickname. :)
  • There was a quote by Bill Parcells that "You are what your record says you are". With the way the Seattle Seahawks have played this season I'd disagree with that quote merely for the fact that they have played like the worst team in foorball this year and should be winless at 0-3 instead of having their record of 1-2. Either way, they're likely to get blown out by an atrocious Colts team at home on Sunday Night Football this weekend. Either way this team reminds me of the 2008 Seahawks that's roster died just in time for legendary coaching walrus Mike Holmgren's retirement, only a much worse version of that pathetic team. Hopefully they prove me wrong but that would require them to actually resemble the 2013 Seahawks and demoralize opponents (something they can't do and won't be able to do with the current roster as is.)

Either way, hoping the Badgers win on Saturday. A win for them would at least be a team I root for is being decent.
  • USC losing to Washington State was a bit unexpected.
  • I don't really watch a football but get invited every year to do my dads Fantasy Football. My teams actually doing halfway decent so far this year . Couldn't tell you half the players in football anymore , makes me sad. I used to know most players .
    2nd time this season the cardinals had to have OT to win, but a win is a win.
  • That Sunday Night Game could've been a little better if Wilson didn't get intercepted twice when trying to throw to Jimmy Graham who is the worst fit for their offense ever (can't block, can't run routes correctly, can't catch, gets beat out on a catch by defensive backs a half a foot shorter and 70 lbs lighter). Otherwise, not to bad of a result once the Defense started generating turnovers like they should be able to do based on their talent on the roster. The Seahawks are still a long way to go from being a good team but this is the first step they should've had 2 weeks ago vs. the 49ers but they got it today.

2nd time this season the cardinals had to have OT to win, but a win is a win.

Arizona has moxie and can come back when the chips are down (game vs. Dallas aside). Speaking of Moxie, man was that great seeing Carolina beat the Patriots. Shame that Houston lost at the last second last week otherwise the defending Super Bowl Champs would be 1-3. That team is starting to look like a team with quite a few question marks (though that could still be the effect of losing Jullian Edelman in the preseason).
    The Chargers have made it exceptionally easy for me to let go. And I even blame the city for their move.
  • From what I read, San Diego was willing to put up money for the new stadium, just not 100% of a billion plus dollar stadium in an area that would require lots of infrastructure redoing to make work (that would add additional costs on top of the project) while Dean Spanos collects all of the profits from it's use. What Spanos wanted was very similar to the lame arena proposal Clay Bennett used on Seattle to replace a stadium that was then 10 years old as an excuse to move the team now known as the Blunder to Oklahoma City (still don't watch the NBA thanks to Fuhrer Stern's role in collusion to help his buddy in that). San Diego should've sued for the rights to the Chargers name, History, and also sued the NFL for this situation. They may have had a new Chargers coming back at some point.

Either way Spanos being unable to create a fan base in LA while almost completely losing the San Diego fanbase and being unable to fill a 25,000 seat soccer stadium with anything other than visitor fans is karmic justice for that rotten excuse for a person.
  • Also, shame that Tampa Bay couldn't pull out a win vs New England. That game was much closer than expected.
  • Between Michigan Stat beating Michigan and Iowa State's huge upset of Oklahoma this week has had some crazy upsets.
    The city of San Diego is run by a bunch of idiots. There were a couple of legitimate plans made by the Chargers over the past 17 years that weren't going to use tax-payer funds, but the city didn't want to negotiate, choosing instead to paint the offers as "land grabs". It was the city that wanted something for nothing. Like I said, the city hasn't negotiated in good faith for 17 years so I can't blame the Chargers for not being interested in listening to the city when they started making even more noise *AFTER* the city let all the time run out on what was stated by the Chargers as the last time they were willing to talk. Yeah, nothing nothing nothing, then after time's up, "Hey, the Chargers won't come to the table with us. They're the bad guys!"

Re-developing Mission Valley was the right answer a decade ago, and was still the right answer. Stupid city officials fell in love with the views of the bay from Padre games and federal redevelopment money for the waterfront and insisted on only talking about downtown options. And then threw a huge expansion of the existing convention center into the deal, which has nothing to do with the Chargers but then fits the narrative of painting the Chargers as the bad guys because "why does a billionaire need taxpayer money to build a stadium?"

But even in light of all that, I can't root for the Los Angeles Chargers.

It doesn't make any sense because I am a total USC football fan and L.A. Laker fan, but I just can't do L.A. Chargers.
    edited October 11
    I may be different (well I know I am) but since the NFL is a business, I believe they should handle new stadiums the same way businesses handle new franchises, save up the money, or take out a loan, and pay for it yourself. AKA don't ask the taxpayer to help pay for something most wont be using.

just a thought.

P.S. after seeing how the cardinals do against a winning franchise its safe to say they aren't going far this year, and I had such high hopes.

update: cardinals just picked up Adriane Peterson, things just got interesting.
  • DrowGamer77DrowGamer77 Serious Business

... I can't root for the Los Angeles Chargers.

It doesn't make any sense because I am a total USC football fan and L.A. Laker fan, but I just can't do L.A. Chargers.

"We Fight for LA" is the worst campaign idea ever - and it certainly doesn't work for a team that is 1-4. Hell, I live in LA and wish the Chargers had figured out a way to stay in San Diego. Other than the first season in 1961 or something, they've always been San Diego's team - its just weird for them not to be there.

It's nice to have an option for seeing teams outside the NFC on a regular basis, I will admit - but there's not a single team I care about in the AFC. The Raiders are ok, but only because I loved Howie Long and Bo Jackson as a kid.
  • Go Hawks!!!
    ok, that cardinal game was a roller coaster. go up 31-0 at halftime then let them come back at the end and barely win the game. so unnecessary.