Missing 5 downloaded songs

explorer05explorer05 Unsigned
edited August 2012 in Rock Band Blitz
I download the arcade game then the track pack. @0 songs showed but I am missing 5 songs, Cult of Personality, Metal Health, fall out boy, and 2 others. i will have try to redownload. I am wondering if any ideas?

thanks

Comments

  • jibjqrkljibjqrkl Eventually Perceptive
    edited August 2012
    did you sort by date acquired?
    on xbox that only shows the last 20 songs added, so you have to find the other 5 by alphabet. or sort by No. times played
  • SheSaidSheSaidSheSaidSheSaid Washed Up
    edited August 2012
    I'm a little surprised that so many people don't know this.

    But yeah, they're there. They're under "Previously Acquired" when you're on sort by date acquired. If you sort by title or artist, they'll be there just fine.
  • explorer05explorer05 Unsigned
    edited August 2012
    ok I will look because I did it by date and those 5 were missing. I realized it just before I went to bed so i did not look any further down.
    thanks
  • SheSaidSheSaidSheSaidSheSaid Washed Up
    edited August 2012
    The sorting under "Previously Acquired" is alphabetical, not chronological, so that might have tripped you up too.
  • explorer05explorer05 Unsigned
    edited August 2012
  • raynebcraynebc Road Warrior
    edited August 2012
    I wish they'd just fix the sort by date feature so it worked properly instead of something as casual as a couple dozen recent ones and then everything else lumped together and sorted alphabetically instead.
  • explorer05explorer05 Unsigned
    edited August 2012
    raynebc;4862724 said:
    I wish they'd just fix the sort by date feature so it worked properly instead of something as casual as a couple dozen recent ones and then everything else lumped together and sorted alphabetically instead.
    +1
  • Faded_JeansFaded_Jeans Unsigned
    edited August 2012
    I'd happily buy RockBand 4 even if the *only* thing it did was to add better song / playlist management. I've got way too many songs for it to be anything but a chore.
  • SirDavidTLynchSirDavidTLynch Headliner
    edited August 2012
    If they "fix" it, it'll probably end up resetting the "recently acquired" list so that nothing shows up there at first. 20 songs is enough the vast majority of the time.
  • AlluDaaAlluDaa Unsigned
    edited August 2012
    Im missing 1 song out of the 25 song pack. "Moves like Jagger" is the one. I dont find it even when I search by artist in Rock band 3. Can someone help me, that how can I get the one missing song?
  • atalkingfishatalkingfish Opening Act
    edited August 2012
    I can agree that I've desired that "date acquired" actually mean something, but the current setup doesn't allow for it. When the cache gets reset, all is lost. I think it would have been possible if purchase or download date were stored somewhere in the game memory, but that's not the case. It may be patchable, but I doubt the demand is that high.
  • GNFfhqwhgadsGNFfhqwhgads 99% Washed Up
    edited August 2012
    AlluDaa;4862847 said:
    Im missing 1 song out of the 25 song pack. "Moves like Jagger" is the one. I dont find it even when I search by artist in Rock band 3. Can someone help me, that how can I get the one missing song?
    You're not missing any songs. That's not how it works.

    Also, it's Maroon 5 ft. Christina Aguilara(**** it), so I hope you're not calling it a day at Maroon 5. Otherwise, you've one-lightered it.
  • raynebcraynebc Road Warrior
    edited August 2012
    atalkingfish;4862849 said:
    I think it would have been possible if purchase or download date were stored somewhere in the game memory, but that's not the case. It may be patchable, but I doubt the demand is that high.

    Even if they only had it store the date that it was added to the cache database, that would be better than what they're doing now.
  • SirDavidTLynchSirDavidTLynch Headliner
    edited August 2012
    Storing a purchase date may not seem like much, but storing 2,952 dates on top of everything else could take a toll on the system's memory, further cutting into the song limit for something that quickly becomes irrelevant. You don't need to know the 873rd-to-last song you purchased, you don't need to find what you bought on April 24, 2008.
  • atalkingfishatalkingfish Opening Act
    edited August 2012
    SirDavidTLynch;4863255 said:
    Storing a purchase date may not seem like much, but storing 2,952 dates on top of everything else could take a toll on the system's memory, further cutting into the song limit for something that quickly becomes irrelevant. You don't need to know the 873rd-to-last song you purchased, you don't need to find what you bought on April 24, 2008.

    Right, because text takes up SO much space.

    Considering my phone can store a seemingly unlimited amount of full text messages in a completely un-noticeable amount of space, asking for purchase dates doesn't seem like too much.
  • edited August 2012
    If you're trying to open them in RB3 (not all that clear from your OP), do you have the keys filter on? Because those songs you listed are all key-less songs.
  • www1221www1221 StackOverflowError
    edited August 2012
    SirDavidTLynch;4863255 said:
    Storing a purchase date may not seem like much, but storing 2,952 dates on top of everything else could take a toll on the system's memory, further cutting into the song limit for something that quickly becomes irrelevant. You don't need to know the 873rd-to-last song you purchased, you don't need to find what you bought on April 24, 2008.

    The PS3 doesnt have a limit like 360
  • SirDavidTLynchSirDavidTLynch Headliner
    edited August 2012
    atalkingfish;4863264 said:
    Considering my phone can store a seemingly unlimited amount of full text messages in a completely un-noticeable amount of space, asking for purchase dates doesn't seem like too much.
    You'd think the same about 2,952 song and artist titles, difficulty rankings, high scores, and every other reason there's a limit. Even if it wouldn't affect the limit at all, it would be a lot of work for something that doesn't matter at all in the long run. When was the last time you wanted to play the song you bought on February 19, 2010? Or the 764th to last song?
  • raynebcraynebc Road Warrior
    edited August 2012
    SirDavidTLynch;4863255 said:
    Storing a purchase date may not seem like much, but storing 2,952 dates on top of everything else could take a toll on the system's memory, further cutting into the song limit for something that quickly becomes irrelevant.

    Let's do the geek math then. Stored in MMDDYYYY format, the largest possible number is 12319999, which stores comfortably in a 24 bit number (3 bytes). Multiply this by the 2952 song limit to come up with an enormous usage totaling 8KB. If the game can't spare this much memory then its memory management was done much worse than I ever imagined.
  • atalkingfishatalkingfish Opening Act
    edited August 2012
    SirDavidTLynch;4863278 said:
    You'd think the same about 2,952 song and artist titles, difficulty rankings, high scores, and every other reason there's a limit. Even if it wouldn't affect the limit at all, it would be a lot of work for something that doesn't matter at all in the long run. When was the last time you wanted to play the song you bought on February 19, 2010? Or the 764th to last song?

    To answer your unfairly worded question accurately, I have wanted a comprehensive "sort by date acquired" option many, many, many, many times. I buy things in bursts rather than slowly, and sometimes I want to find recent songs that aren't brand new, if you know what I mean.
Sign In or Register to comment.