Export Rock Band 3 to Blitz?

iHatePregnantiHatePregnant Unsigned
edited September 2012 in Rock Band Blitz
How do I get the on-disc RB3 tracks to Blitz?

Comments

  • www1221www1221 StackOverflowError
    edited August 2012
  • KezmerKezmer Unsigned
    edited August 2012
    thanks this answered my question, I was curious as to why the RB3 songs didnt show up on rb blitz
  • Brayever8Brayever8 Unsigned
    edited September 2012
    How about for the xbla on demand version rock band 3? Thanks.
  • MunnchyMunnchy Road Warrior
    edited September 2012
    Brayever8;4864899 said:
    How about for the xbla on demand version rock band 3? Thanks.

    Nope. You'd still have to export the setlist for the on demand version too. :)
  • Brayever8Brayever8 Unsigned
    edited September 2012
    Thanks Munnchy, do you know if it will ever be possible to export RB3's set list?

    That's the only reason I bought the game (for the songs).
  • SheSaidSheSaidSheSaidSheSaid Washed Up
    edited September 2012
    Main titles don't export until there's another main title. So if there's ever a Rock Band 4 (which I highly doubt), then Rock Band 3 would export. Very unlikely it would ever happen before.
  • www1221www1221 StackOverflowError
    edited September 2012
    SheSaidSheSaid;4865062 said:
    Main titles don't export until there's another main title. So if there's ever a Rock Band 4 (which I highly doubt), then Rock Band 3 would export. Very unlikely it would ever happen before.
    I do think there will be a Rock Band 4 but I highly doubt it will be on the current gen. A Rock Band game seems like a good think to have at the launch of a new gen.
  • TheStuddzTheStuddz Lil Rascal
    edited September 2012
    An RB3 export isn't likely until, as others have mentioned, a hypothetical RB4 is released. After playing Blitz, however, I can say with confidence that I would definitely pay the fee to get the songs playable in Blitz, even if we never get a fourth game.

    Also, I really hope they don't wait until the next-gen consoles launch to release the next game. For the new PlayStations and Xboxes, we could be waiting almost two or three years. And if they do wait, I hope that the game is still released for Xbox 360, just like how RB1 and RB2 were released for both PS2 and PS3.
  • MunnchyMunnchy Road Warrior
    edited September 2012
    TheStuddz;4865104 said:
    An RB3 export isn't likely until, as others have mentioned, a hypothetical RB4 is released. After playing Blitz, however, I can say with confidence that I would definitely pay the fee to get the songs playable in Blitz, even if we never get a fourth game.

    Also, I really hope they don't wait until the next-gen consoles launch to release the next game. For the new PlayStations and Xboxes, we could be waiting almost two or three years. And if they do wait, I hope that the game is still released for Xbox 360, just like how RB1 and RB2 were released for both PS2 and PS3.
    They could accomplish great things with a new game in those two to three years though. Hypothetically of course, I'd be happy to wait those two years to get something amazing
  • MurphyRockMurphyRock Rising Star
    edited September 2012
    If we can't get the RB3 songs on Blitz it should STOP SUGGESTING THEM for completion of goals in the Rock Band World app on Facebook. Grumble, grumble, go ahead and rub it in my face that I can't play those songs HMX :-)
  • SheSaidSheSaidSheSaidSheSaid Washed Up
    edited September 2012
    For most RBW goals, you can play the songs in either Blitz or RB3. That's why it suggests them.
  • KaneRobotKaneRobot Opening Act
    edited September 2012
    Give us a damn RB3 export. I am willing to pay them big dollaz.
  • Brayever8Brayever8 Unsigned
    edited September 2012
    Thanks, I looked everywhere before I purchased RB3 from XBLA On Demand and couldn't find that answer. I saw where it says you cannot export "on disc" content, but nothing about digital.

    I only purchased RB3 to export the songs to Blitz and literally save $166.00. Without having any instruments the game was useless to me.
  • www1221www1221 StackOverflowError
    edited September 2012
    Brayever8;4865145 said:
    Thanks, I looked everywhere before I purchased RB3 from XBLA On Demand and couldn't find that answer. I saw where it says you cannot export "on disc" content, but nothing about digital.

    I only purchased RB3 to export the songs to Blitz and literally save $166.00. Without having any instruments the game was useless to me.
    'on-disc' still applies to the digital version of Rock Band 3 which is why you didnt see anything about exporting the digital version.
  • SurefireDwarfSurefireDwarf Unsigned
    edited September 2012
    www1221;4865097 said:
    I do think there will be a Rock Band 4 but I highly doubt it will be on the current gen. A Rock Band game seems like a good think to have at the launch of a new gen.
    If I were HMX, it wouldn't matter so much for the Xbox and PS3 as it would for the Wii. I would make a RB4 compatible with the Wii U, along with exports for previous games. The hardware differences between a PS4 and 720 would be unimportant for this game; it's a music game, the graphics are fine as is. But with the Wii U they would be able to bring in FAR more customers than they can with the current Wii.
    So RB4 would come out on the 360, PS3, and Wii U. (And I am assuming that the 720 and PS4 are able to play all previous games and DLC as well.)
  • MurphyRockMurphyRock Rising Star
    edited September 2012
    SheSaidSheSaid;4865116 said:
    For most RBW goals, you can play the songs in either Blitz or RB3. That's why it suggests them.

    What, wait... WHAT? Really? I did not realize that the goals were achievable in RB3 too! THANKS!!

    "Hard Goal Is Hard" just became "Hard Goal Is Pretty Darn Easy, Actually". ;)

    Edit: Whoops, THAT goal says "Play songs from: Rock Band Blitz". Oh well.
  • SheSaidSheSaidSheSaidSheSaid Washed Up
    edited September 2012
    MurphyRock;4865193 said:
    "Hard Goal Is Hard" just became "Hard Goal Is Pretty Darn Easy, Actually". ;)

    Edit: Whoops, THAT goal says "Play songs from: Rock Band Blitz". Oh well.

    Mhm ;) That's why I said 'most goals'
Sign In or Register to comment.