I have to know; what filter is RB Blitz playing songs through?

BaltarBaltar Opening Act
edited August 2012 in Rock Band Blitz
Legitimately, its something we've all noticed in RB 1, 2, and 3; Harmonix, whatever it is they do on their end with the sound, makes these songs sound, in my opinion, better IN Rock Band than in CDs/In my car/From my computer/Through my speaker system... And RB Blitz takes this trend ive noticed for years and blows it up.. Some parts when i jump to the guitar, it just sounds like a new song (in a good way)... so, uhh, how the hell do i get all my songs to sound like RB Blitz songs?

and plz dont tell me im crazy, lol, i just played a few of my favorite songs in the last day and they sounded better in RB Blitz than Ive ever heard them

Comments

• GNFfhqwhgadsGNFfhqwhgads 99% Washed Up
    edited August 2012
    It turns up the chart you're on.
  • atalkingfishatalkingfish Opening Act
    edited August 2012
    One thing I have grown to like about Rock Band's method for mixing songs is that they use a pretty decent bit rate (256, I think? Maybe a little less than that) on each stem, which gives the entire song some pretty excellent quality.

Most people are used to 128kbps mp3 files. And since the stems are split up (256kbps on a guitar track offers more clarity than 256kbps on a full song), you get some clarity, distinction, etc, more than you would get from an mp3 of that same bit rate.

If that's what you're looking for, the first thing you'd want to do is check the bit rates of the songs you have. I've started buying CDs so I can rip my songs in lossless, but that goes far beyond Rock Band quality audio.

On top of that, the only "improvements" would be instrument clarity based on the fact that the audio of the instrument you're playing is boosted; something you can't really do everywhere else.
  • BaltarBaltar Opening Act
    edited August 2012
    Ive always been aware of the increased volume of the track.. so maybe your bitrate explanation, plus the volume is all the difference.. just, totally wicked awesome during some of these songs REALLY hearing it... Makes me sad we cant replicate that all the time... oh well, it is what it is
  • atalkingfishatalkingfish Opening Act
    edited August 2012
    Baltar;4863118 said:
    Ive always been aware of the increased volume of the track.. so maybe your bitrate explanation, plus the volume is all the difference.. just, totally wicked awesome during some of these songs REALLY hearing it... Makes me sad we cant replicate that all the time... oh well, it is what it is

To be fair, when you get into high-end earbuds with lossless audio quality, you can really hear all instruments separately and clearly (unless you have bad mixing, which is surprisingly common [see: Death Magnetic]) and that can give a lot of the satisfaction that Rock Band can give.

I have to agree, though, sometimes I think it's so cool when you switch to a track and it boosts up the volume. You can hear some of the coolest things that way.

I've gone through before, and boosted up the keyboard tracks for songs I like using multitracks and exporting as an mp3. It can give some pretty cool results.
  • BaltarBaltar Opening Act
    edited August 2012
    atalkingfish;4863131 said:
    To be fair, when you get into high-end earbuds with lossless audio quality, you can really hear all instruments separately and clearly (unless you have bad mixing, which is surprisingly common [see: Death Magnetic]) and that can give a lot of the satisfaction that Rock Band can give.

I have to agree, though, sometimes I think it's so cool when you switch to a track and it boosts up the volume. You can hear some of the coolest things that way.

I've gone through before, and boosted up the keyboard tracks for songs I like using multitracks and exporting as an mp3. It can give some pretty cool results.

Well, I think I may have to take your advice here, cause if I can make the majority of my music sound like that, hells to the yeah.

Appreciate your advice, man. Rock On, bro
  • KMO_2000KMO_2000 Opening Act
    edited August 2012
    Another benefit (if you have a surround sound system) is that it can output a discrete 3-channel stereo mix from the stems.

3-channel stereo is a significant improvement over 2-channel.