Rock Band World - How do I join a friend's goal already in progress?

HamKetHamKet Opening Act
edited August 2012 in Rock Band Blitz
Please forgive me if this has been answered somewhere, I've looked in all the threads that seemed pertinent, but could not find an answer.

I'm on the Xbox, and so is my friend. He sent me requests in RBW to help him with some goals.

I've already started these particular goals on my own.

When I clicked on his messages in RBW, it just took me to the goal and showed my progress, but there was no option to join my friend.

How can we team up to beat these goals?

Comments

• lotr rocks 0lotr rocks 0 Road Warrior
    edited August 2012
    I was wondering the same thing. If anyone could answer this I would greatly appreciate it.
  • MagnetMagnet Moderator
    edited August 2012
    I'm not sure if you and your friend can both be mid-goal and still join each other. I think one person might have to be starting the goal for the first time to join another. (I'm just guessing here, so I could be wrong.)
  • GNFfhqwhgadsGNFfhqwhgads 99% Washed Up
    edited August 2012
    Magnet;4863583 said:
    I'm not sure if you and your friend can both be mid-goal and still join each other. I think one person might have to be starting the goal for the first time to join another. (I'm just guessing here, so I could be wrong.)
    Most likely. Probably something to do with not knowing what to do with two individual progress bars. Combine them? Highest wins out? Host wins out?
    edited August 2012
    in that case is there any way to cancel a goal?
    edited August 2012
    I just tried having a friend invite me to a goal that I hadn't started yet and it still created a new goal and said I was the only member for it. I dont know what to do about this.
  • agentnncagentnnc Road Warrior
    edited August 2012
    ^ Same thing happened to me. A few if us were going to team up to do the Maiden and All American Rejects goals (as we're all short on a few songs for the goal) but we all started one separately. Now none of us are going to complete it.
    edited August 2012
    This happened to me when I HADN'T started the goal though... I specifically got a friend to invite me to a goal that I hadn't accepted yet, and the notification brought me to the goal screen and only had the option to start goal, so I clicked it and I was in a group on my own and I couldnt join up with my friend.

I don't understand.

I'm also getting a bit irritated that these facebook goals couldn't be better integrated within the game. It's annoying switching back and forth between PC and xbox to check on these goals since the game gives almost no info about them, and it seems like it wouldn't be that hard to integrate all the information you needed.
  • HockeyabeHockeyabe Opening Act
    edited August 2012
    I also have this issue with a pal. Parenthetically speaking, we have only ourselves in two groups, both clicked to join each other. I have one DLC from 2009, he has the other, not likely either of us would get the other.

Hope it is eventually not broken. Using Xbox and Facebook app, Mozilla and IE.
    edited August 2012
    Is anyone actually having success completing goals with friends? It seems to me that the whole system is broken right now. None of my friends can team up to complete any goals
  • CharityDiaryCharityDiary Unsigned
    edited August 2012
    I can't get this to work. I've tried inviting my friend to a goal he hadn't even started, but when he chose to help me complete it, it just joined the goal for himself. He was the only one in his group, and I was the only one in my group, for the same goal. Every star I earned only counted toward MY goal.

It's clearly broken.