Is it really worth to purchase Rock Band Blitz?

ewsg_576ewsg_576 Unsigned
edited September 2012 in Rock Band Blitz
Hi,

I love musical games, but, I'm a little reluctant in to purchase Rock Band Blitz. I would like to know your opinions about, please. :)

Thanks for any help/suggestion!

Comments

• CharityDiaryCharityDiary Unsigned
    edited August 2012
    If you have a lot of downloaded songs, then yes, it's worth it. I sat down earlier tonight and played through more than 100 unique songs on the game! Yes, I know I have too much free time.

On the other hand, if you hardly have any downloaded songs, then your experience will get fairly stale pretty fast. Not to mention, you won't have any way to have a positive income of coins, since you won't have that many unique songs to play. You'll likely keep running out of coins, which will be irritating.

I was bashing the game so hard before it came out, but I ended up purchasing it so that I could play it and complain about it more. And so far, I've played over 175 songs, so yes, it was worth it, and I suppose I would buy it again.
  • ewsg_576ewsg_576 Unsigned
    edited August 2012
    Hi,

But, regarding the songs, has the game an in-game store through which we can purchase new ones? If so, I think that this can solve many problems. Do you know if is there something similar?
  • CharityDiaryCharityDiary Unsigned
    edited August 2012
    Yeah, there's an in-game store. It's actually much more convenient than the previous games' stores, as you can switch back and forth between songs you own and the songs in the music store seamlessly.
  • joseph5185joseph5185 Opening Act
    edited August 2012
    Yes, I have yet to play the game but you get 25 songs for $15 (on top of the game)
    That alone is worth it (as many have already stated)..

And most of the songs are fun to play..perhaps more fun than you would think..

Hope it helps! ;)
  • ewsg_576ewsg_576 Unsigned
    edited August 2012
    Thank you all. I'll purchase this game right now. :)
  • WaltCDWaltCD Unsigned
    edited September 2012
    ewsg_576;4863769 said:
    Hi,

I'd say YES, without a doubt it's worth it to buy Rock Band Blitz.
    As already stated, 25 songs for $15 is a real steal, but the most important thing to me, is that all of those songs go right into Rock Band 3. Now, it's an incredible deal!

I have no plans of playing the actual game Rock Band Blitz. To me, it's just a big awesome Track Pack for Rock Band 3. But hey, if it gets more people playing the game again, then it'll get more people buying songs, which means Harmonix will keep putting out new songs, and that, in turn, will keep people like me playing the game and buying even MORE songs!

Lovin' it,
    Walt D in LV
  • Burntoutat22Burntoutat22 Opening Act
    edited September 2012
    First of all, going in to it, I was only really excited about getting RB:Blitz mainly for the track pack for RB:3. After playing it thought, it is very fun and quite addicting. Like many people have said, if you have a decent library of tracks, then you'll keep coming back for more. I've played at least 6 hours and I don't think I'm going to stop anytime soon. Plus, Rock band world and the goals involved make it even more interesting.
  • www1221www1221 StackOverflowError
    edited September 2012
    Short answer: Yes

Long answer: YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS
  • XzalorXzalor Rising Star
    edited September 2012
    ewsg_576;4863815 said:
    Thank you all. I'll purchase this game right now. :)

yay!!!! Your gonna have SO MUCH FUN!!!! :D
    I got my sister addicted. Now we're at war! >: D
  • LiveHomeVideoLiveHomeVideo Trying too hard
    edited September 2012
    To get started with songs, first things first: get the free ones. They are:

Am I Crazy by Little Fish
    Headphones On by Miranda Crosgrove (iCarly tie-in)
    Still Alive by GLADoS (Portal tie-in)
    Promised Land by Vesuvius (The Rocker tie-in)
    Dreaming of Love by Lights Resolve
    Charlene (I'm Right Behind You) by Stephen and the Colberts (The Stephen Colbert Show tie-in)

Also, while the normal price is $2, there's plenty of $1 songs from the Rock Band Network, as well as DLC from smaller bands and tie-ins to other movies or TV shows.
  • DangimarockerDangimarocker Headliner
    edited September 2012
    Yes, if you love music in general. It doesn't take much "skill" to play like RB does.
    If you like Blitz, i suggest (if u don't have it?) buying Rock Band 3 though.

No, if you are not a fan of music really. (well you have to kind of have an open-mind to music for RB lol)
  • QuaszarQuaszar Opening Act
    edited September 2012
    I play RB on the Wii but I also own a PS3. I had no interest in Blitz because of the set list but played the demo and liked it. At this time I don't want to re buy songs (DLC) that I already own on the Wii to play on Blitz....... So I bought a used copy of RB(1) for $4.99 and exported it for another $4.99 and bought a few RBN songs. Total price for my Blitz experience is around $30 and I get to play songs I couldn't play on the wii. Well worth it to me.
  • MurphyRockMurphyRock Rising Star
    edited September 2012
    Quaszar - I migrated from Wii to PS3, and trust me, this is exactly how it starts. Give it some time, and your next purchase will be RB2+export for the PS3 just because it's cheap, then Lego RB for the same reason, and after that you'll figure that you might as well buy PS3 RB3 (just because you've got all those exported songs on your hard drive :-) ).
  • edited September 2012
    Quaszar;4866056 said:
    I play RB on the Wii but I also own a PS3. I had no interest in Blitz because of the set list but played the demo and liked it. At this time I don't want to re buy songs (DLC) that I already own on the Wii to play on Blitz....... So I bought a used copy of RB(1) for $4.99 and exported it for another $4.99 and bought a few RBN songs. Total price for my Blitz experience is around $30 and I get to play songs I couldn't play on the wii. Well worth it to me.
    To add to Murphys thought, look for deals on NEW copies of track packs, Lego, AC/DC & Green Day and you can get a ton of songs VERY cheap, quickly and you wont even look back at your Wii... (That sounds weird) :P
  • TubaDude49TubaDude49 Road Warrior
    edited September 2012
    LiveHomeVideo;4865709 said:

Also, while the normal price is $2, there's plenty of $1 songs from the Rock Band Network, as well as DLC from smaller bands and tie-ins to other movies or TV shows.

This. Go get the Hockey Theme. It is amazing.