Ooby Dooby does NOT count as a 50s song

CharityDiaryCharityDiary Unsigned
edited September 2012 in Rock Band Blitz
I only have two achievements left to get: The one for playing one song from each decade since the '50s, and the one for playing 300 songs.

So I needed a song from the '50s. I went to the Music Store, and browsed be Decade. I selected "1950s", and a list of songs popped up. Johnny Cash and Roy Orbison. They didn't show any years in the song info, and I hate Johnny Cash, so I bought the Roy Orbison song, "Ooby Dooby".

I played it, and I didn't get the achievement. I was like WTF? So I went to my songs, and I looked at "Ooby Dooby", AND IT'S FROM 1987! I researched it, and sure, the original song was from 1956, but the version in the Music Store is from Roy Orbison's Greatest Hits album, which was released in 1987. It even says so in the song information IN THE GAME, but it doesn't say that when you're in the Music Store. So the Music Store straight-up LIED TO MY FACE and had the song listed under 1956...

I just wasted $2, and I will never get that $2 back!

DON'T BUY THIS SONG FOR THE ACHIEVEMENT! It's NOT from the 1950's, even though the Music Store says it is!

Comments

  • ParsleyParsnipsParsleyParsnips Unsigned
    edited August 2012
    Ye...I was coming on here to complain about that...and the Johnny Cash songs aren't 50's either eh? Well that's stupid on Harmonix's side for putting an achievement which is unobtainable seeing as we can't play the beatles' songs on rbb -_-
  • Groudon199Groudon199 1 hour, 39 minutes, 52 seconds
    edited August 2012
    ParsleyParsnips;4863712 said:
    Ye...I was coming on here to complain about that...and the Johnny Cash songs aren't 50's either eh? Well that's stupid on Harmonix's side for putting an achievement which is unobtainable seeing as we can't play the beatles' songs on rbb -_-

    The recordings are from the 80s, but each song has a year from the 50s in parentheses when viewed in RB3. Both games sort those songs under the 50s.

    also none of the songs in TB:RB are from the 50s.
  • mmetznermmetzner Opening Act
    edited August 2012
    ParsleyParsnips;4863712 said:
    Ye...I was coming on here to complain about that...and the Johnny Cash songs aren't 50's either eh? Well that's stupid on Harmonix's side for putting an achievement which is unobtainable seeing as we can't play the beatles' songs on rbb -_-

    The Beatles didn't form until 1960 so they wouldn't count anyway. Out of interest, what 50's songs do we have in the catalogue? I think the earliest I have is The Zombies' 'She's Not There' from 1964
  • ParsleyParsnipsParsleyParsnips Unsigned
    edited August 2012
    mmetzner;4863722 said:
    The Beatles didn't form until 1960 so they wouldn't count anyway. Out of interest, what 50's songs do we have in the catalogue? I think the earliest I have is The Zombies' 'She's Not There' from 1964
    Well ye the oldest I can find on the music store is the song you mentioned, however it says 1965. Also I didn't realize Beatles was only 1960 o_O...still no actual songs from 1950s on rock band is a piss take...
  • HetzHetz Rising Star
    edited August 2012
    The Johnny Cash songs work for the achievement. I got it after playing I Walk The Line.
  • ParsleyParsnipsParsleyParsnips Unsigned
    edited August 2012
    Hetz;4863735 said:
    The Johnny Cash songs work for the achievement. I got it after playing I Walk The Line.

    Are you 100% sure? o_O

    Anyone else wanna check?
  • FairwoodStudiosFairwoodStudios Road Warrior
    edited August 2012
    ParsleyParsnips;4863743 said:
    Are you 100% sure? o_O

    Anyone else wanna check?

    That's exactly the same thing I did (Walk the Line's a good song). Worked just fine. I almost wouldn't be surprised if Ooby Dooby does work just fine too and OP missed some other decade.
  • LoopyChewLoopyChew Wordsmith
    edited August 2012
    Did you try sorting by year in-game? I'm pretty sure I saw Ooby Dooby listed under 1950whatever, but I know I saw the Johnny Cash songs according.y
  • Cipher_PeonCipher_Peon I don't get it at all
    edited August 2012
    No, Ooby Dooby was confirmed not to work since before the game's release.
    But some Johnny Cash (not Ring of Fire, but definitely I Walk The Line) get the achievement.
  • ParsleyParsnipsParsleyParsnips Unsigned
    edited August 2012
    LoopyChew;4863745 said:
    Did you try sorting by year in-game? I'm pretty sure I saw Ooby Dooby listed under 1950whatever, but I know I saw the Johnny Cash songs according.y

    I am looking at my songs on RBB atm and Ooby Dooby is under 1987
  • CharityDiaryCharityDiary Unsigned
    edited August 2012
    ParsleyParsnips;4863754 said:
    I am looking at my songs on RBB atm and Ooby Dooby is under 1987

    Yep, because that version of the song is from his Greatest Hits album, while the song itself is indeed from 1956.
  • victorrzvictorrz Unsigned
    edited August 2012
    Cry Cry Cry (Johnny Cash) Works for the achievement :D
  • ParsleyParsnipsParsleyParsnips Unsigned
    edited August 2012
    Yup :D I walk the line is under 1956 win
  • NoThru22NoThru22 Road Warrior
    edited August 2012
    Ooby Dooby shows up as a 50s song in the Rock Band Blitz store but once purchased, it sorts as 1987 because it is a rerecord. I bought it expressly to get the play a song every decade achievement. Once I purchased Walk the Line by Johnny Cash, the achievement popped. This thread is a warning for achievement enthusiasts. Also, how do I get a refund? :P (I'm serious.)

    EDIT: Hmm, just saw the other thread about this, but the thread starter had to go and make a dramatic statement instead of getting right to the point.
  • Sgt PipperSgt Pipper Opening Act
    edited August 2012
    At least it's a fun song to play in RB, on guitar at least. Drums suck.
  • metalkornmetalkorn Rising Star
    edited August 2012
    you won't get one and do we really need 2 threads about this?
  • NoThru22NoThru22 Road Warrior
    edited August 2012
    Sgt Pipper;4863779 said:
    At least it's a fun song to play in RB, on guitar at least. Drums suck.
    I only play drums. :(
  • edited August 2012
    NoThru22;4863776 said:

    EDIT: Hmm, just saw the other thread about this, but the thread starter had to go and make a dramatic statement instead of getting right to the point.

    Which is why I ended up merging the two under your title.
  • CharityDiaryCharityDiary Unsigned
    edited August 2012
    metalkorn;4863780 said:
    you won't get one and do we really need 2 threads about this?

    Yes, we do. This is an example of false advertising. The Music Store told me what I was purchasing, but that information was incorrect, and I would not have purchased it had the information been correct.

    I've actually written Harmonix and demanded they refund me my 160 points and fix the incorrect information in the Music Store.

    The bottom line: the achievement was included in the game. A lot of players probably don't have '50s songs, because a lot of music game players (being fairly young) don't like Johnny Cash, so they never bought his songs. So now we have this achievement, so people will be purchasing songs from the '50s to get the achievement. Little do they know, even though the seller says the song is from the '50s, it's really not.

    False advertising --> Purchase made because of false information --> Possibly illegal? --> Refund

    I sincerely doubt they'll be like, "Oh, sorry we lied to you about what you were buying and expressly told you incorrect information about the product, but we can't refund you."
  • NoThru22NoThru22 Road Warrior
    edited August 2012
    There was no intent to deceive, so it's not false advertising. There should be refunds, however.
  • CharityDiaryCharityDiary Unsigned
    edited August 2012
    NoThru22;4863794 said:
    There was no intent to deceive, so it's not false advertising. There should be refunds, however.

    Hmm.
    I agree.
  • GNFfhqwhgadsGNFfhqwhgads 99% Washed Up
    edited August 2012
    You bought it agreeing to the terms that there would be no refunds, so Harmonix's email lackey will just get a laugh out of your entitled email and then move on with their day.


    Ooby Dooby has two dates assigned to it, original and rerecord, and the Music Store displayed one. It's not incorrect.
  • edited August 2012
    It's $2. Reach into your couch cushions, I'm sure you can find another $2.
  • GrijpwijkGrijpwijk Unsigned
    edited September 2012
    OK another one here who thought he was buying a 50s song. This is definitely an issue, not sure why the OP is being flamed for stating a totally valid thing.

    Even if there was only $0.01 at stake, the point is that it's a misleading design flaw in either Blitz or the Music Store.
  • ClaptonsWigClaptonsWig I Can't Dance
    edited September 2012
    Cipher_Peon;4863752 said:
    No, Ooby Dooby was confirmed not to work since before the game's release.
    But some Johnny Cash (not Ring of Fire, but definitely I Walk The Line) get the achievement.

    Seeing as how it was released and labeled 63, I see no reason why to bring Ring of Fire up
  • www1221www1221 StackOverflowError
    edited September 2012
    NoThru22;4863794 said:
    There was no intent to deceive, so it's not false advertising. There should be refunds, however.

    Are you serious? You want a refund because you (on your own) bought a song and it ending up not working for an achievement that you wanted to get? Hey guess what? Im in the same boat as you(not the refund boat) because I bought Ooby Dooby for said achievement and it didnt work so I bought Walk The Line which did work and you dont see me begging for a refund. One because its in the TOS of the store that you will not recieve any refunds and two because its stupid to even ask for a refund in this situation.

    tl;dr http://assets0.ordienetworks.com/images/GifGuide/DealWithIt/tumblr_latq3iKLPs1qd1fjko1_500.gif
  • ClaptonsWigClaptonsWig I Can't Dance
    edited September 2012
    I think that part in the DLC description saying no refunds is whats standing in your way of a refund.

    Although, I will admit it is rather deceiving for Ooby Dooby. If there ever comes another patch, I'm sure it'll be one of the minor fixes since its pre RB3 DLC.
  • powerofyates2powerofyates2 Opening Act
    edited September 2012
    www1221;4865971 said:
    Are you serious? You want a refund because you (on your own) bought a song and it ending up not working for an achievement that you wanted to get? Hey guess what? Im in the same boat as you(not the refund boat) because I bought Ooby Dooby for said achievement and it didnt work so I bought Walk The Line which did work and you dont see me begging for a refund. One because its in the TOS of the store that you will not recieve any refunds and two because its stupid to even ask for a refund in this situation.

    tl;dr http://assets0.ordienetworks.com/images/GifGuide/DealWithIt/tumblr_latq3iKLPs1qd1fjko1_500.gif

    So if the description said you were downloading Piano Man, but in fact you got Never Gonna Give You Up you shouldn't get a refund since the TOS says "no refunds"? There is something called consumer rights; The TOS agreement isn't the end-all be-all of the situation.

    Also how does the fact that you don't care that you wasted two dollars mean that others shouldn't care? Frankly I don't care what your opinion is of any situation. I will deal with things as I see fit; just as the OP should.
  • www1221www1221 StackOverflowError
    edited September 2012
    powerofyates2;4866508 said:
    So if the description said you were downloading Piano Man, but in fact you got Never Gonna Give You Up you shouldn't get a refund since the TOS says "no refunds"? There is something called consumer rights; The TOS agreement isn't the end-all be-all of the situation.

    Also how does the fact that you don't care that you wasted two dollars mean that others shouldn't care? Frankly I don't care what your opinion is of any situation. I will deal with things as I see fit; just as the OP should.

    Except they didnt lie about the artist or song. It IS a 50's song its also a 80's rerecord. Show me where in this are they lying about anything. You cant because they aren't.

    I dont care about "wasting" 2 dollars for a few reasons. Ooby Dooby is still a good song and is fun to play and because its two dollars. You can beg and whine all you want trying to get a refund but an ice rink in hell is more likely.
  • powerofyates2powerofyates2 Opening Act
    edited September 2012
    Evidently they labelled it as 50s in the music store; thus the confusion. So it wasn't labelled as 50s somewhere else that the OP didn't check. I hardly think that's relevant.

    I don't care why you don't feel you wasted two dollars. That's not the point. Maybe it doesn't bother you. It did bother the OP. That is the point. So you end up liking the song. Again, that is not relevant.
Sign In or Register to comment.