PS3: didn't download Blitz Song Pack on 1st Prompt and now cannot get it

AndyXLAndyXL Unsigned
edited September 2012 in Rock Band Blitz
This is slightly ridiculous.

I paid for the game, but can't access any new songs. I didn't download the song pack when told on the title screen prompt as I thought this was to get the songs for RB3.

Now I've booted Blitz up, and I can't find the Blitz songs anywhere...there is nowhere to download them again so it's useless!

So I can't play RB Blitz songs on RB Blitz! Please help..!!!!

Comments

• edited August 2012
    You should get the prompt again if you reboot the game.

If that doesn't work, you could always try deleting and redownloading it.
  • AndyXLAndyXL Unsigned
    edited August 2012
    Thanks:) No, it doesn't come up when I start it. Have just deleted it and will download the whole thing again.

This is why I prefer physical games as opposed to downloads!
  • GNFfhqwhgadsGNFfhqwhgads 99% Washed Up
    edited August 2012
    AndyXL;4864288 said:
    This is why I prefer physical games as opposed to downloads!
    In fairness, it was your error.

And if it doesn't pop still, waiting is a helluva drug.
  • AndyXLAndyXL Unsigned
    edited August 2012
    Ok, so I just deleted the game and trial and re-downloaded it. It still doesn't work.

I just don't get the prompt to download the Blitz songs anymore. Guess I'll have to email support.
  • www1221www1221 StackOverflowError
    edited August 2012
    reboot the game and then wait a bit and the prompt should pop up again.
  • edited August 2012
    Yeah, you could try waiting a little bit at the title screen for it to pop up.

Also, did you delete your saved game data along with the actual game? Because that's the kind of place where a game would store a 'don't show this reminder again' for a pop-up, I'd think.
  • AndyXLAndyXL Unsigned
    edited August 2012
    No, I didn't delete saved data. Did that now and still doesn't work but I'll try a complete delete of everything and see what happens. Thanks for the help.
  • PugslasherPugslasher Unsigned
    edited August 2012
    Okay, yeah, that's what I just said in the other thread. Hopefully, deleting everything and starting from scratch helps.
  • AndyXLAndyXL Unsigned
    edited August 2012
    Yeah, just replied to you in that and trying now. Thanks :) I posted the problem in here as well as it seems to be the official bugs page and was hoping Harmonix people would see it.
  • raynebcraynebc Road Warrior
    edited August 2012
    Yesterday I was downloading the Blitz soundtrack, but turned the console off before it was finished. The game didn't offer to try to download it again, so I went into my console's (Xbox 360) download history and told it to re-download there. I doubt this helps the OP if it isn't in his download history, but it's worth a check. Otherwise you should email Harmonix support because this aspect of the game is not very resilient.
  • AndyXLAndyXL Unsigned
    edited August 2012
    It still doesn't work. I have now done the following:

1. Deleted the full game completely; and

2. Deleted the save file; and

3 Re-downloaded the game.

But the prompt is simply not coming back...I can access all my other songs in Blitz from old RB downloads, but I cannot access any Blitz songs whatsoever...

I am doomed never to get any Blitz songs? In which case, I'll have to get my money back from Sony.
  • bigmfbigmf Tiny Hulk Smash!
    edited August 2012
    Have you checked your download list? Mine shows three files, one of which is called Rockband Blitz Soundtrack. If it's in there, try downloading it again. If not, then I got nothing.
  • AndyXLAndyXL Unsigned
    edited August 2012
    You, my good man, are a genius! That's the answer! I just checked the PS Store download history and the third file is there.

How on earth was I to know that's the thing I needed to do as I only downloaded the game from the store and trial (i.e. 2 downloads, not 3).

I emailed Harmonix just before you replied - let's see if they come up with the same solution.

Thanks so much :-)
  • bigmfbigmf Tiny Hulk Smash!
    edited August 2012
    AndyXL;4864403 said:
    You, my good man, are a genius!
    That's what my mom tells me.
    Thanks so much :-)
    No problemo.
  • DrowGamer77DrowGamer77 Serious Business
    edited August 2012
    that's why he's "bigmf", not "littlemf"
    edited August 2012
    AndyXL;4864403 said:
    You, my good man, are a genius! That's the answer! I just checked the PS Store download history and the third file is there.

You're welcome.
  • GNFfhqwhgadsGNFfhqwhgads 99% Washed Up
    edited September 2012
    raynebc;4864349 said:
    Yesterday I was downloading the Blitz soundtrack, but turned the console off before it was finished. The game didn't offer to try to download it again, so I went into my console's (Xbox 360) download history and told it to re-download there. I doubt this helps the OP if it isn't in his download history, but it's worth a check. Otherwise you should email Harmonix support because this aspect of the game is not very resilient.
    Why don't you have it set so the Xbox keeps downloading after you shut it off? Seems like a given.
    edited September 2012
    I haven't bothered with that setting, but the point is that the game itself offers no obvious way to re-download the soundtrack. Instead of checking if the soundtrack was ever downloaded, it should do more to check if the soundtrack is present and complete, offering to re-download if not.