False advertising

Bladerunner_UKBladerunner_UK Unsigned
edited September 2012 in Rock Band Blitz
Sorry to be pedantic, but either change the statement that Blitz tracks will be playable with ALL insruments in RB3, or give us PRO GUITAR SUPPORT!!!!!

Comments

• LiveHomeVideoLiveHomeVideo Trying too hard
    edited August 2012
    This is a little, how do I say, "extreme." I mean, it works with guitar, bass, keys, drums, and vocals. In that sense it does work on all instrument parts. They've also said that they could get Pro Upgrades for the Blitz songs in the future.
  • www1221www1221 StackOverflowError
    edited August 2012
    guitar and pro guitar are still both guitar. So TECHNICALLY you can play the Blitz songs on all instruments. Also they have been pretty open in the fact that there is no pro upgrades on the Blitz songs
  • EhfahqEhfahq Headliner
    edited August 2012
    Except that you can play non-pro guitar/bass charts with pro-guitar instruments.
  • MofoMan2000MofoMan2000 Rising Star
    edited August 2012
    It is kind of strange, though. Why the hell would they release a nice big pack of tracks like this, then go "oh, hey, there's no Pro guitar support" when Pro is probably the only thing keeping RB3 going the way of that OTHER guitar game?
    edited August 2012
    MofoMan2000;4864549 said:
    It is kind of strange, though. Why the hell would they release a nice big pack of tracks like this, then go "oh, hey, there's no Pro guitar support" when Pro is probably the only thing keeping RB3 going the way of that OTHER guitar game?

Pro guitar isnt what keeping them from dying out like Guitar Hero. Pro upgrades dont sell that well so that is probably the biggest reason why they didnt release them with Blitz.
  • jibjqrkljibjqrkl Eventually Perceptive
    edited August 2012
    i want to play pro keys on songs that dont have keys damn it!
  • SheSaidSheSaidSheSaidSheSaid Washed Up
    edited August 2012
    Ehfahq;4864543 said:
    Except that you can play non-pro guitar/bass charts with pro-guitar instruments.

Ehhh...with one of them. And it's really clunky to do so.
  • BlasteroidsBlasteroids Road Warrior
    edited August 2012
    jibjqrkl;4864580 said:
    i want to play pro keys on songs that dont have keys damn it!

I don't see your problem. Just use a real keyboard.
  • SirDavidTLynchSirDavidTLynch Headliner
    edited August 2012
    I think it's strange that some people were assuming that they'd add pro guitar for every song from a game with no pro guitar, especially given how rare it is that Harmonix add pro guitar to every song from a DLC week in general.
  • Bladerunner_UKBladerunner_UK Unsigned
    edited September 2012
    SirDavidTLynch;4864640 said:
    I think it's strange that some people were assuming that they'd add pro guitar for every song from a game with no pro guitar, especially given how rare it is that Harmonix add pro guitar to every song from a DLC week in general.

I "assumed" that they would add SOME support for pro guitar/keys, because they quite clearly state that the songs would be playable in RB3 with ALL instruments supported! Pro guitars and pro keys are RB3 instruments, so they are therefore included in the statement "ALL instruments". What they should have said is that the Blitz tracks would be playable in RB3 with all instruments EXCEPT pro keys/guitar.
    edited September 2012
    Every song that has keys in it has pro keys.
  • T-HybridT-Hybrid Washed Up
    edited September 2012
    Bladerunner_UK;4867052 said:
    I "assumed" that they would add SOME support for pro guitar/keys, because they quite clearly state that the songs would be playable in RB3 with ALL instruments supported! Pro guitars and pro keys are RB3 instruments, so they are therefore included in the statement "ALL instruments". What they should have said is that the Blitz tracks would be playable in RB3 with all instruments EXCEPT pro keys/guitar.
    You can play standard charts with pro instruments. Quit whining.
    edited September 2012
    T-Hybrid;4867514 said:
    You can play standard charts with pro instruments. Quit whining.

OK...YOU tell me how to play any standard guitar track with a Squire Strat!
    Furthermore, if all I wanted to do was hit pretty coloured buttons, I would not have spent £200 on aforementioned Squire Strat!
    SheSaidSheSaid said:
    Every song that has keys in it has pro keys.
    Which only makes it worse for pro-guitar players!
    edited September 2012
    Bladerunner_UK;4867522 said:
    Furthermore, if all I wanted to do was hit pretty coloured buttons, I would not have spent £200 on aforementioned Squire Strat!
    the mustang is the official RB pro-controller. the Strat isn't
    edited September 2012
    Also I'm curious where this so-called "False Advertising" even is. Where do you see it said that ALL (did I emphasize it enough?) instruments are supported? I remember loading screens saying "all songs that come with Rock Band Blitz can be played with instruments in Rock Band 3"
    edited September 2012
    jibjqrkl;4867523 said:
    the mustang is the official RB pro-controller. the Strat isn't
    hmxhenry said:
    .........The flagship of Pro Mode, the Rock Band 3 Squier® by Fender Stratocaster® Guitar Controller – a full-sized, six-string electric guitar that also functions as a game controller – is now available in stores.

http://www.rockband.com/forums/showthread.php?t=218314&pagenumber=
    But then again..maybe Henry doesnt know what he is talking about!
  • Buttered_NoodlesButtered_Noodles Unsigned
    edited September 2012
    Bladerunner_UK;4867522 said:

Which only makes it worse for pro-guitar players!

Settle down. They said on the livestream that there were probably some coming. I wish so many video game players would stop being so entitled. The Squier failed in retail. Be glad they're still supporting it at all. I have both pro guitars and love using them, but was not at all surprised that we wouldn't get pro upgrades in Blitz. You've got a couple hundred songs to play on it. Rock Band is mostly played on 5-button instruments still.
    Rocksmith doesn't sell all that well either. I work at Gamestop and our store sold about 3 or 4 besides the one I got. We've still got a bunch. They support 2 of the 10 instruments that Rock Band supports. RB isn't going anywhere soon. Pro guitar on the other hand is a privilege at this point that you should be thanking Harmonix for, not demanding more of.
    edited September 2012
    Bladerunner_UK;4867531 said:

They don't even manufacture Squiers anymore. You can still get Mustangs.

EDIT: The thread you posted was from April of last year, just a little over a month since the Squier launched. Things have changed a lot since then.
    edited September 2012
    SheSaidSheSaid;4867526 said:
    Also I'm curious where this so-called "False Advertising" even is. Where do you see it said that ALL (did I emphasize it enough?) instruments are supported? I remember loading screens saying "all songs that come with Rock Band Blitz can be played with instruments in Rock Band 3"
    hmxhenry said:
    http://www.rockband.com/forums/showthread.php?t=231000Rock Band Blitz will come complete with 25 tracks from music’s hottest artists when it hits PlayStation Network on August 28th and Xbox LIVE Arcade on August 29th. These tracks will not only be playable as part of Rock Band Blitz’s frantic, controller-based arcade experience, but in Rock Band 3 with full instrument support at no additional charge!

I can emphasize as well! :)
    edited September 2012
    Buttered_Noodles;4867534 said:
    They don't even manufacture Squiers anymore. You can still get Mustangs.

EDIT: The thread you posted was from April of last year, just a little over a month since the Squier launched. Things have changed a lot since then.

My Squier hasnt changed a bit!
    edited September 2012
    Bladerunner_UK;4867531 said:

yup, it is the flagship, because it's the best thing out there.
    but hey look! the strat didn't come out till after RB3! because it's not the official pro-controller which was made for RB3 >_>
  • DangimarockerDangimarocker Headliner
    edited September 2012

lol ... NO.
    edited September 2012
    Bladerunner_UK;4867538 said:
    I can emphasize as well! :)

Do you also rage that not every song in regular DLC carries pro guitar? Because you've really only got yourself to blame here. Everyone else sees phrases like that and knows that they refer to the 'core' instruments, not the instruments that cost a dollar to be added.
    edited September 2012
    Bladerunner_UK;4867539 said:
    My Squier hasnt changed a bit!

Okay, this is definitely a troll, right guys? No one's this stupid, right? You can't honestly think I'd take anything you say seriously when you completely ignore every logical argument I make and begin to debate something that wasn't even being disputed, right?
  • ThatAuthoringGroupThatAuthoringGroup Numero Uno Super **** Fanboy #1
    edited September 2012

I don't have any hard numbers to back me up, but if Pro guitar was obviously the only thing keeping RB afloat wouldn't EVERY song have pro guitar/bass and not only one out of four or five?

PRO G/B is probably a fraction of a fraction of the players that play RB. PRO keys is more popular as the instruments are more readily available, and it's 'easier' (Yeah I know relative to each person) to play pro keys than pro guitar for the average player. There's probably less than a 1000 people posting leaderboard scores on PRO keys, so do the math from there :)

I'm not saying Pro guitar/Bass is bad. Far from it. But to say it's the only thing keeping RB afloat is highly erroneous.

Do you want to know what kept RB from going the way of Guitar Hero?

It's a much better game and experience (and this is from one of the people that still plays GHWOR on a regular basis).
  • MunnchyMunnchy Road Warrior
    edited September 2012
    ThatAuthoringGroup;4867732 said:
    Do you want to know what kept RB from going the way of Guitar Hero?

It's a much better game and experience (and this is from one of the people that still plays GHWOR on a regular basis).

Couldn't agree more. I still keep hold on to a few GH games for the setlists, but rock band has always been a better game for me.
  • GNFfhqwhgadsGNFfhqwhgads 99% Washed Up
    edited September 2012
    1. Because Pro guitar isn't keeping anything afloat.

2. Because the game is its own game, it doesn't use Pro guitar, so they didn't give it Pro guitar.
    Bladerunner_UK;4869925 said:
    They did, however, infer that there would be pro guitar support for the Blitz tracks
    No, they didn't. YOU inferred. Look up what the words you use mean.

Also, we were told many times that there would be no upgrades. Again, your fault for not doing the research.
    edited September 2012
    They never inferred that the Blitz songs would have pro guitar support. That is just you reading what you want to read. They said that its possible in the future for some songs to get upgrades. Never did they say(or infer) that they were all have pro guitar/bass right out of the gate. Actually they said the opposite of that, they said that the wouldnt have those upgrades and they said it multiple times.
  • edited September 2012
    Just wanted to quickly throw out there that being unable to get your point across without insulting other players/posters is a very quick way to get your post deleted, or worse. Stay civil, please.
    edited September 2012
    Der_Lex;4869942 said:
    Just wanted to quickly throw out there that being unable to get your point across without insulting other players/posters is a very quick way to get your post deleted, or worse. Stay civil, please.

But Lex now my post doesnt make sense! :p