Could do with some useful tips

TheturtlekingTheturtleking Unsigned
edited August 2012 in Rock Band Blitz
I think I really suck at this game. I can 5 star just about 90% of RB3 songs on RB3 but on this I struggle to even get 4. I try my best to at least have all the lanes at the max multiplier before the checkpoints so I know I'm doing that right. I use Band mate, and the blast notes power ups which is what seems to be the best option. I even get 98%-100% on all lanes at the end of the song apart from a few. What the hell am I doing wrong? I really do wanna get good at this game but I'm proper struggling at the moment.

Comments

• www1221www1221 StackOverflowError
    edited August 2012
    Road Rage and Blast notes.
  • BlasteroidsBlasteroids Road Warrior
    edited August 2012
    Road Rage really? Does saving up the energy help before deploying? I've only tried it a couple of times and it seemed pretty low on points.

Jackpot, Blast and points enhancer I get pretty good scores with. Deploy Jackpot on the points enhanced instrument when you at a good multiplier. I got over 30k on one jackpot earlier.

TurtleDude... You need to switch at the right time to keep the fast track going whilst looking for the blast notes and also the white power notes. When you get the hang of looking for those then you have to balance those benefits against levelling the tracks. Play it right and you can manage both, at this stage you will get 5 stars. Deploy the power at the right times to hit those Gold Stars.

It's still flipping hard!
  • www1221www1221 StackOverflowError
    edited August 2012
    Blasteroids;4864563 said:
    Road Rage really? Does saving up the energy help before deploying? I've only tried it a couple of times and it seemed pretty low on points.

Jackpot, Blast and points enhancer I get pretty good scores with. Deploy Jackpot on the points enhanced instrument when you at a good multiplier. I got over 30k on one jackpot earlier.

More overdrive makes the Road Rage go longer. Ive gotten 18k with it on Cult of Personality before. And if you are going to use jackpot you should use flame notes. 2400 points per flame note under jackpot.
  • BlasteroidsBlasteroids Road Warrior
    edited August 2012
    www1221;4864564 said:
    More overdrive makes the Road Rage go longer. Ive gotten 18k with it on Cult of Personality before. And if you are going to use jackpot you should use flame notes. 2400 points per flame note under jackpot.

Yeah, the flame notes does bump it up but if you not quick enough switching track it's easy to lose the point advantage.

For giggles it's fun to use bandmate with hard solos just to rest your fingers ;)
  • FairwoodStudiosFairwoodStudios Road Warrior
    edited August 2012
    www1221;4864564 said:

I actually have really good luck with bandmate and flame notes. After you catch a few flame notes, it starts to spread into your bandmate lane and that racks up the points real easy.
  • edited August 2012
    Road Rage is great to help level up the other lanes.