Playing Blitz with RB instruments

LirodonRicaroLirodonRicaro Unsigned
edited September 2012 in Rock Band Blitz
Well, since you people seem to like having wacky and bizarre ways to play Rock Band, is it ... or can it be possible to even play Blitz with usual RB instruments?

Thenagain, with maybe a mode like Typewriter, it could map the red and green to lane switch, map the blue and yellow to the main keys, and map the bass pedal to activating track power-ups. That would be crazy enough to work...

Comments

• agentnncagentnnc Road Warrior
    edited August 2012
    I was thinking earlier today that the game would be great on an arcade pad. However having it on the instruments defeats the purpose of Blitz, which looks like it was designed with the idea of "what if rock band was an over the top arcade game". The only instrument I would think that would be efficient for blitz would be drums. two pads for hitting the notes, two for switching lanes, kick pedal for power up.
  • skyp1eskyp1e Road Warrior
    edited August 2012
    agentnnc;4864762 said:
    I was thinking earlier today that the game would be great on an arcade pad. However having it on the instruments defeats the purpose of Blitz, which looks like it was designed with the idea of "what if rock band was an over the top arcade game". The only instrument I would think that would be efficient for blitz would be drums. two pads for hitting the notes, two for switching lanes, kick pedal for power up.
    And how would you do sustains? I've tried it on guitar and it works okay. I'd still rather use controllers. I wish I could use my keyboard but the keys that correspond to buttons don't function in blitz, only the discrete buttons work.
  • agentnncagentnnc Road Warrior
    edited August 2012
    skyp1e;4864773 said:
    And how would you do sustains? I've tried it on guitar and it works okay. I'd still rather use controllers. I wish I could use my keyboard but the keys that correspond to buttons don't function in blitz, only the discrete buttons work.

automatic like how guitars with no whammy bar automatically whammy in Rock Band.
  • MofoMan2000MofoMan2000 Rising Star
    edited September 2012
    skyp1e;4864773 said:
    Oh, it lets you do that? That's great, I hate games that disable instrument controllers for no reason. No other way to get some of the achievements on Banjo Kazooie: Nuts 'n' Bolts solo otherwise.