Blitz Mode? How does it work?

KarnexKarnex Unsigned
edited September 2012 in Rock Band Blitz
I'm currently 14 years old (almost 15) and I was one of the best players of Unplugged ever a few years ago. No, seriously. I was that good.
Anyways, enough of my bragging, does anyone know how Blitz mode works? Although I was a very good Unplugged player, let's say I'm not the best at Blitz. I got it first day (XBLA) and am enjoying it, but it's slightly difficult to get five stars imo. It's ridiculous to get gold stars.

I've gone through both tutorials in Rock Band Blitz, and they don't really mention Blitz mode. Is Blitz mode a multiplier? What does it exactly do? Does it only affect one instrument chart? If you make a mistake will you exit out of Blitz mode? How long does it take to go back into Blitz mode?

Sorry, I'm just confused. To get a full experience out of Rock Band Blitz, I need to know how to get high scores. And to get high scores means understanding parts of the game.

Thanks, everyone!

Comments

• hodayathinkhodayathink Opening Act
    edited August 2012
    Karnex;4864766 said:
    I'm currently 14 years old (almost 15) and I was one of the best players of Unplugged ever a few years ago. No, seriously. I was that good.
    Anyways, enough of my bragging, does anyone know how Blitz mode works? Although I was a very good Unplugged player, let's say I'm not the best at Blitz. I got it first day (XBLA) and am enjoying it, but it's slightly difficult to get five stars imo. It's ridiculous to get gold stars.

I've gone through both tutorials in Rock Band Blitz, and they don't really mention Blitz mode. Is Blitz mode a multiplier? What does it exactly do? Does it only affect one instrument chart? If you make a mistake will you exit out of Blitz mode? How long does it take to go back into Blitz mode?

Sorry, I'm just confused. To get a full experience out of Rock Band Blitz, I need to know how to get high scores. And to get high scores means understanding parts of the game.

Thanks, everyone!
    From what I've read, you have to hit about 25 consecutive notes to enter Blitz mode. Once in it, you can only miss 3 notes before you get kicked out of it. I think it gives you a bonus for each note hit while in Blitz mode, but I don't know how much the bonus is. And you can switch between any and all tracks for all of this.
  • MofoMan2000MofoMan2000 Rising Star
    edited September 2012
    Watch the "Blitz" meter at the top of your screen. It'll show you how close you are to getting into Blitz mode. It'll also show you how many mistakes you have left before it kicks you out of Blitz mode (three). It does affect all instruments, though I'm not sure what the bonus is per-note. It does tell you how many points you got out of Blitz mode in the score breakdown at the end of a song.
  • KMO_2000KMO_2000 Opening Act
    edited September 2012
    The bonus seems to be 250 points for entering Blitz mode, then extra points for every 10 notes you hit in while staying in Blitz mode. 100 for the first ten, then 200, 300, 400, 500, and 500 for every ten from then on.

You can see the bonus points in blue at the top of the screen, travelling from the word BLITZ to your total. (Although you should be watching the track at the bottom...)