Worst teacher ever?

DeferredGalaxy3DeferredGalaxy3 Rising Star
edited September 2012 in Less Rokk More Talk
So, yeah. This is a thread for the worst teachers we have ever had. But please, don't list any names.

OK, so I have had some pretty bad teachers. One that punished only the boys for the other classes running down the hall, and even one that kept interrupting my parents. But probably the worst teacher I have ever had was the one who hardly taught the class, gave a detention to my best friend for reading a book (During AR reading.), and even yells at the parents when they call her.

So, yeah, any other worst teachers around here?

Comments

• bclewisbclewis Road Warrior
    edited September 2012
    I had an undergrad prof who spent every lecture reciting word-for-word from the textbook in a monotone. It inevitably sent me straight to sleep.
  • www1221www1221 StackOverflowError
    edited September 2012
    Aaron Trites was my worst teacher ever.

Oh we werent supposed to drop names? MY B
  • LiveHomeVideoLiveHomeVideo Trying too hard
    edited September 2012
    When I was in tenth grade, I had an English teacher that required everything to be turned in exactly on time, or else you got a zero. I got sick for two or three weeks (medicine I was taking was tearing me apart inside), and I got so many grades docked against me for assignments that I had no chance of doing, due to not even knowing of their existence.

That was the first time I ever failed a class.
  • darkwinterbeast8darkwinterbeast8 Headliner
    edited September 2012
    It was either the 2nd grade teacher that left midway through the year due to a heart condition (and I thought I killed her when I was a 2nd grader) or it was a Substitute Music teacher that grabbed me and threw me to a wall for no particular reason. Granted I've had some bad teachers but those stand out a bit more than the standard teacher that didn't care about teaching.
  • DangimarockerDangimarocker Headliner
    edited September 2012
    I was taking a test in a man (Who later committed suicide..)'s class. He was the most sexist teacher ever (he only rewarded the girls, and punished the boys. UNLESS u were a sports star).
    Well i talked to someone AFTER we both were done with the test (he knew this) just whispering.. not like he could even hear us really...
    and he sent me to the deans office (which the dean was P'OFF he did because she loved me! LOL so actually he got in trouble more than i did!)

But he (I didn't even say RIP when he died) was the worse teacher of all my schooling years.
  • DerLindwurmDerLindwurm Road Warrior
    edited September 2012
    The teacher of the last French class I ever took before I graduated was completely useless. I didn't learn one thing from her. She didn't teach anything, just had us work on projects and then was disappointed and couldn't figure out what the problem was when we couldn't speak French perfectly. When she graded our papers, she just said "I can't read it" and gave me a bad grade. Give me a break. I'd had less than two years of French in my whole life I was doing my best. She was the only teacher I ever gave a bad review (I think the whole class pretty much did).
  • nascargo19nascargo19 Road Warrior
    edited September 2012
    I think my least favorite teacher has to be my 8th grade history teacher. That class was absolute hell. The assignments were usually easy, but if you miss two in a single week or so, you would get in trouble.
  • blaze122blaze122 Opening Act
    edited September 2012
    When I was is 6th grade I had a Reading teacher (in my school reading and english were two different classes) Who had a mini fridge behind her desk which contained twinkies. She would just eat twinkies all day and make kids go to the vending machine for here to get her coke. And she was mean and a harsh grader.
  • DangimarockerDangimarocker Headliner
    edited September 2012
    blaze122;4865367 said:
    When I was is 6th grade I had a Reading teacher (in my school reading and english were two different classes) Who had a mini fridge behind her desk which contained twinkies. She would just eat twinkies all day and make kids go to the vending machine for here to get her coke. And she was mean and a harsh grader.

Must have lived a long life.......... lol
    Sounds like she was a fat cow.
  • DeferredGalaxy3DeferredGalaxy3 Rising Star
    edited September 2012
    blaze122;4865367 said:

Since when was my aunt a teacher? :P
  • RunesmithRunesmith Headliner
    edited September 2012
    My seventh grade English teacher. She used threats, intimidation, and guilt to teach instead of actually teaching. None of us learned anything that year. Also, she kept a brick behind her desk; whenever a student did something she didn't like, she'd throw a temper tantrum by picking the brick up and throwing it to the floor.

She was eventually fired for yelling and insulting the parents of her students to their faces (this woman had so many complaints against her she was fired even with tenure), though this was a couple years after I had her. I'm almost certain she had undiagnosed bipolar disorder.
  • Mega-TallicaMega-Tallica Washed Up
    edited September 2012
    Worst teacher by far for me was my senior year English teacher. My school had too many people and they realized that way too late in the summer so they had 30 students and not enough English teachers to teach them. We had a really cool teacher fill-in just until they find someone else to take over. He was teaching during his lunch break and so on. But, then the replacement came in and she had absolutely no clue how to teach seniors in high school. She would have been perfect as a kindergarten teacher, but not for us. She treated us like we were little kids, she had no personality, she had no skills in teaching higher education whatsoever. She wasn't mean, but she was stupid and we ragged on her bigtime as seniors.

I remember one time near the end of the year (the beginning of June I think, school was over in a couple weeks) and she was trying to teach us some intricate Shakespeare story and she's stopping and deciphering ever couple lines and none of us were paying attention, our brains checked out weeks ago. She was going to make us write an essay on it and we told her flat out, none of us are going to do it. And we just kept ragging on her for the rest of the year for all the stupid crap she made us do all year until eventually she walked out like the second to last week of school and we had a substitute for the rest of the year.

Aside from her, I can't think of anybody else that was bad and come to think of it, I had some really great teachers in middle school and high school, but she is the only one that stands out as being truly bad. I think I barely passed her class. I got like a C- or something like that. And she almost, ALMOST kept someone from graduating, I forget what the reason was (it was something stupid I'm sure like not participating enough), but our VP ended up stepping in and got that straight. That's how screwed up she was. God, we all hated her.

EDIT: Just realized I completely neglected all the terrible professors I've had over the past 3 years lol (but for grade school, ^^^ she was definitely the worst). I can write a book on how bad the professors are in the engineering department at my college. That's a whole other story literally, I don't even know where to begin with that, so I'll save it for another time when I'm in the story telling mood.
  • sillystousillystou Headliner
    edited September 2012
    New iPhone coming out soon! More news on Sept 12th!
  • DeferredGalaxy3DeferredGalaxy3 Rising Star
    edited September 2012
    sillystou;4868434 said:
    New iPhone coming out soon! More news on Sept 12th!

* GASP! * That's got to be the worst teacher EVER!
  • JglaubmanJglaubman Headliner
    edited September 2012
    nascargo19;4865284 said:
    I think my least favorite teacher has to be my 8th grade history teacher. That class was absolute hell. The assignments were usually easy, but if you miss two in a single week or so, you would get in trouble.

Whoa wait a minute... if you missed assignments your grade would be worse? That b*tch! You should alert the superintendent.
  • Dadasaurus RexDadasaurus Rex Rawwwwwwr!
    edited September 2012
    2nd Grade teacher -Her MO was to bang kids' heads together when they acted up. Straightened me right up, but pretty sure it was a bit over the top.
  • rkbdgurlrkbdgurl Road Warrior
    edited September 2012
    I had an art teacher that was actually wonderful, but he had the absolute worst coffee breath ever...every day!

All this talk about bad teachers makes me so glad I'm not in school.
  • firedoom666firedoom666 Headliner
    edited September 2012
    most of my teachers have been very good but I had a few bad ones...

I know my last year of elementary school (6th grade) she absolutely hated me for some reason... she was also super conservative and talked about Ronald Reagan all the time. I remember we had to write an essay on our views on the war on terrorists and I wrote a paper saying that I do not agree with the war, and she gave me a "F" with the only note saying I was not patriotic enough. She gave me bad grades in everything I remember seeing my report card and she gave me "C" on every subject. I got my parent to talk to the administration because I had kept all my math work and the grades on the papers said I had an "A"... I found that year to be the worst it was the first year I did not have straight A's

the only other teacher I despised was my Assembly Language teacher from last semester... he just had no idea what he was doing... the first day of class he said how he only knows 32 bit Assembly while all the computers were 64 bit and that he had no idea what to do
  • darkwinterbeast8darkwinterbeast8 Headliner
    edited September 2012
    firedoom666;4868551 said:
    most of my teachers have been very good but I had a few bad ones...

I know my last year of elementary school (6th grade) she absolutely hated me for some reason... she was also super conservative and talked about Ronald Reagan all the time. I remember we had to write an essay on our views on the war on terrorists and I wrote a paper saying that I do not agree with the war, and she gave me a "F" with the only note saying I was not patriotic enough. She gave me bad grades in everything I remember seeing my report card and she gave me "C" on every subject. I got my parent to talk to the administration because I had kept all my math work and the grades on the papers said I had an "A"... I found that year to be the worst it was the first year I did not have straight A's

the only other teacher I despised was my Assembly Language teacher from last semester... he just had no idea what he was doing... the first day of class he said how he only knows 32 bit Assembly while all the computers were 64 bit and that he had no idea what to do

I'm fortunate that I didn't have a Reagan Fanatic as a teacher. I did write a short story where my protagonist character dealt with a teacher like that. With the exception of things like the way you dealt with it, what grade the protagonist dealt with this person, and the teacher's gender; that teacher I made up for said story is eerily like your horrid corrupt 6th grade teacher.
  • DerLindwurmDerLindwurm Road Warrior
    edited September 2012
    Sometimes I think I grew up in some kind of bizarre alternate reality. Other than people joking about how senile he was, I don't remember Reagan ever being much of a discussion topic. And I remember how all the teachers at my elementary school were such sad pandas after Dukakis lost.