Joining friend's goals in RBW.

sahksahk Unsigned
edited September 2012 in Rock Band Blitz
So my friend and I have been trying all day to try and work together on goals, but whenever we send requests to each other, we see them and try to respond by hitting "start goal." But when we try this, it only makes us start the goal by ourselves (it only shows ourselves in group members).

Is there something we're doing wrong?

Comments

• CharityDiaryCharityDiary Unsigned
    edited September 2012
    You can't.

It's broken.
  • sahksahk Unsigned
    edited September 2012
    Awww.

Well, at least it isn't a problem on my side. Thanks for the help!
  • moosegrindermoosegrinder Unsigned
    edited September 2012
    So it's definitely broken then? Have Harmonix mentioned anything about it?
  • Bront20Bront20 The Writing's on the Wall
    edited September 2012
    moosegrinder;4867368 said:
    So it's definitely broken then? Have Harmonix mentioned anything about it?
    No, but they've been busy with Pax, and now the holiday (It's Labor Day on Monday in the US). Maybe we'll hear something today.
  • HeyRilesHeyRiles Besse's Girl
    edited September 2012
    I've been joining goals just fine in Facebook. One person makes the goal, then the other person navigates to the goal screen by pressing view on the goal, and the friends' goal will pop up. You can click on that and then you can share a goal. Super handy, a friend and I finished the Disturbed/Boston/Punk/Prog goals in like half an hour when we shared the load

What I don't understand is how they split up coins once you've finished a goal. The coin distribution is uneven in that one friend can receive more coins than another, and the total amount of coins distributed ends up higher than the amount of coins you receive if you're the only participant. As such, I'm sitting at a really awkward XX,X33 coins no matter what I do since I received 833 coins during one of these shared goals

FIX YOUR FACEBOOK APP HARMONIX
    edited September 2012
    HeyRiles;4867376 said:
    I've been joining goals just fine in Facebook. One person makes the goal, then the other person navigates to the goal screen by pressing view on the goal, and the friends' goal will pop up. You can click on that and then you can share a goal. Super handy, a friend and I finished the Disturbed/Boston/Punk/Prog goals in like half an hour when we shared the load

What I don't understand is how they split up coins once you've finished a goal. The coin distribution is uneven in that one friend can receive more coins than another, and the total amount of coins distributed ends up higher than the amount of coins you receive if you're the only participant. As such, I'm sitting at a really awkward XX,X33 coins no matter what I do since I received 833 coins during one of these shared goals

FIX YOUR FACEBOOK APP HARMONIX
    Wait, you split the coins if you get help?

Also, several of my friends and I have been unable to join. It doesn't help that in app messaging doesn't work outside of the app (like some other FB games), and the only place to see your message is the front page. It wasn't working for any of us.

The App needs work, clearly.
  • moosegrindermoosegrinder Unsigned
    edited September 2012
    Yeah, it's defintely broken. I've just spent half an hour logging in and out between mine and my missuses FB account and we're not joining each others goals.
    Also, splitting coins seems really cheap. Why would you join goals if you could get 30 stars on your own? I can't be the only one that tragic as to grind through Queen or Iron Maiden to get the 30 stars solo...
    edited September 2012
    moosegrinder;4867378 said:
    Yeah, it's defintely broken. I've just spent half an hour logging in and out between mine and my missuses FB account and we're not joining each others goals.
    Also, splitting coins seems really cheap. Why would you join goals if you could get 30 stars on your own? I can't be the only one that tragic as to grind through Queen or Iron Maiden to get the 30 stars solo...
    Well, in my case, I can't get the A7X and RHCP goals solo, because I don't have the DLC. (or in A7X's case, I can't GS every song).
  • Casto21Casto21 Rock and Roll Statistician
    edited September 2012
    Bront20;4867377 said:
    Wait, you split the coins if you get help?

I remember reading a HMX post in one of these threads that stated the coins are split. It is based on what percentage of the work you do, which I took as: if you get 4 of the 30 stars for a challenge then you get 4/30 of the coins.

Edit: here is the post by hmxhenry
    http://www.rockband.com/forums/showthread.php?t=231328&p=4861235&viewfull=1#post4861235
  • T-HybridT-Hybrid Washed Up
    edited September 2012
    Glad to see this is a known issue. I got a request to help a friend and wound up almost failing the challenge because I didn't have enough songs from the band on my own. Thankfully the stars count double if you play it in both RBB and RB3.

On a related note, if you fail a challenge is that it? Or can you restart it and try again?
  • KnottyMarieKnottyMarie Rising Star
    edited September 2012
    How about this scenario that happened to me. I signed up for my own goals last night with the intent of working on them myself after work today. When I woke up this morning, someone on my friends list had Joined my goal and completed it in entirety, robbing me of ALL of the blitz coins for that goal. Tell me, where's the fairness in this, especially if a request for help was NOT sent out?
    edited September 2012
    KnottyMarie;4867838 said:
    How about this scenario that happened to me. I signed up for my own goals last night with the intent of working on them myself after work today. When I woke up this morning, someone on my friends list had Joined my goal and completed it in entirety, robbing me of ALL of the blitz coins for that goal. Tell me, where's the fairness in this, especially if a request for help was NOT sent out?

You should have received the coins as well. If one of your friends had somehow joined your group (I have no idea how), if they completed the goal, everyone in your group would have received the reward.
  • KnottyMarieKnottyMarie Rising Star
    edited September 2012
    CharityDiary;4867963 said:
    You should have received the coins as well. If one of your friends had somehow joined your group (I have no idea how), if they completed the goal, everyone in your group would have received the reward.
    Should have. But no rewards received.
    Between the losing coins for Rock Band Server disconnects, to having to do the goals 3 times yesterday to get credit, to today's fiasco - I'm becoming more and more turned off by this game. I was beginning to like how it was challenging me to revisit songs/artists that hadnt been played for awhile, but now that charm is quickly leaving.
  • thatmarkguythatmarkguy Road Warrior
    edited September 2012
    CharityDiary;4867963 said:
    That's not how it works for the noncommunity goals. For the noncommunity goals, the reward is split by ratio of contribution. Whoever plays 5/7 of the songs in a group scavenger hunt gets 5/7 of the coins. If you play only one 3-star performance of a 30-star goal, you'll get 10% of the reward. And yes, if you start a goal but someone else joins it and finishes it before you contribute ANYTHING, then yes, you get 0 coins.
    edited September 2012
    thatmarkguy;4868133 said:
    That's not how it works for the noncommunity goals. For the noncommunity goals, the reward is split by ratio of contribution. Whoever plays 5/7 of the songs in a group scavenger hunt gets 5/7 of the coins. If you play only one 3-star performance of a 30-star goal, you'll get 10% of the reward. And yes, if you start a goal but someone else joins it and finishes it before you contribute ANYTHING, then yes, you get 0 coins.

Wow.

That's rational but ridiculous.
    edited September 2012
    T-Hybrid;4867518 said:
    Glad to see this is a known issue. I got a request to help a friend and wound up almost failing the challenge because I didn't have enough songs from the band on my own. Thankfully the stars count double if you play it in both RBB and RB3.

On a related note, if you fail a challenge is that it? Or can you restart it and try again?
    You can replay songs for better scores to get more stars, so the only way to "fail" a goal is to not complete it in time.

Very annoying if you accidentally join a goal you can't complete and run out of room on your goals list.