How to play Blitz songs in RB3

norman1nznorman1nz Unsigned
edited November 2012 in Rock Band Blitz
I've been looking forward to getting some more pro gat songs for RB3 via blitz for a while now - downloaded them all and can see / play the 25songs in Blitz but not in RB3..
Is there some simple trick to get them to show up?

PS: great to still have pro instrument packs coming out like this one - bring on the next one!!

Comments

  • www1221www1221 StackOverflowError
    edited September 2012
    If the songs are playable in Blitz they are playable in Rock Band 3. The songs dont have pro-upgrades but they do have all instruments that you would expect from non-pro DLC. You must not be looking in the right place,
  • RockAndRollinsRockAndRollins Unsigned
    edited September 2012
    www1221, I can confirm what norman1nz is saying. I don't play pro songs, but I purchased Blitz last night reading that the songs were instantly playable, and none of them exported over to RB3. My loading count for DLC is exactly the same, and my song count is exactly the same as before. I'm going to try redownloading Blitz later today to see if it makes a difference, but as of right now, the songs are just missing in RB3. I have been very thorough in checking. I do believe there is a valid issue with exporting the songs.

    Between waiting several months for my 20 free RB2 songs code to finally work, and now this, I am less than thrilled with the support offered by Harmonix. Here's hoping a speedy solution is found.
  • www1221www1221 StackOverflowError
    edited September 2012
    They DONT export though. Blitz uses the same exact file to read the songs as Rock Band 3. I would suggest deleting everything related to Blitz and find the song pack and delete that too then redownload it all
  • edited September 2012
    RockAndRollins;4865150 said:
    www1221, I can confirm what norman1nz is saying. I don't play pro songs, but I purchased Blitz last night reading that the songs were instantly playable, and none of them exported over to RB3. My loading count for DLC is exactly the same, and my song count is exactly the same as before. I'm going to try redownloading Blitz later today to see if it makes a difference, but as of right now, the songs are just missing in RB3. I have been very thorough in checking. I do believe there is a valid issue with exporting the songs.

    Between waiting several months for my 20 free RB2 songs code to finally work, and now this, I am less than thrilled with the support offered by Harmonix. Here's hoping a speedy solution is found.

    Did you load up Blitz? You have to turn the game on and it will prompt you to download the song pack tor free.
  • RockAndRollinsRockAndRollins Unsigned
    edited September 2012
    Thanks guys. I actually tried again before seeing your messages. I did load up Blitz last night, and songs were listed for me to play (I'm assuming they must have been RB3 DLC), so I figured everything was good. Then I loaded up RB3 and they didn't appear. Loaded Blitz up again, and everything was the same. Today I loaded up Blitz from my Quickplay menu on XBox and it said that it couldn't load the game. Tried again and it worked, and now it's at the menu it prompted me for the song pack download.

    Twice it loaded with no prompt, the third gave me an error, the 4th load prompted the song pack download. I'm sure it'll be fine now. Thanks for the advice. Should be interesting to see if others encounter the same problem.
  • norman1nznorman1nz Unsigned
    edited September 2012
    www1221;4864867 said:
    The songs dont have pro-upgrades
    Argg very disappointed to hear that - after Harmonix putting all that effort into the pro instruments thing then kind of abandoning it especially when there was a good chance to push it more..
    Makes less incentive to have pro instruments too - I've got a mustang and been thinking of getting a keytar too and some extra song packs to support it would've tipped me over the fence..

    But back to the Blitz songs appearing in RB3 thing.. I followed RockAndRollins first instructions, then went into account > previous downloads, downloaded them again and then they appeared in RB3 :)
  • thatmarkguythatmarkguy Road Warrior
    edited September 2012
    norman1nz;4866707 said:
    Argg very disappointed to hear that - after Harmonix putting all that effort into the pro instruments thing then kind of abandoning it especially when there was a good chance to push it more..
    They haven't abandoned it. They're still releasing 1 pro-upgraded song every week barring unusual weeks (like "Drive" week where licensing caused songs to be pulled, or RBB week where the focus was on RBB).

    They have stated that they may issue upgrades to Blitz songs in the future. They just didn't on launch day. Some people poking around the site have found evidence that six songs are already earmarked to get pro upgrade at some point. It may or may not actually come to pass, but there's no reason to call 'abandoned!'.

    http://www.rockband.com/forums/showthread.php?t=231402
    norman1nz;4866707 said:
    Makes less incentive to have pro instruments too - I've got a mustang and been thinking of getting a keytar too and some extra song packs to support it would've tipped me over the fence..
    All of these songs that have keyboard parts have pro keys charts. Pro drums, too. Harmony vocals, too. The only pro modes that are (presently) unsupported for these songs are pro guitar and pro bass.
  • norman1nznorman1nz Unsigned
    edited September 2012
    thatmarkguy;4866729 said:
    They have stated that they may issue upgrades to Blitz songs in the future. They just didn't on launch day. Some people poking around the site have found evidence that six songs are already earmarked to get pro upgrade at some point.
    Ahh good to hear - heres +1 hoping those earmarked go ahead...
    And yeah i noticed after posting pro keys was showing too so now on the lookout for a keytar / midi adapter for good price ;)
  • viperver1viperver1 Unsigned
    edited October 2012
    I got an problem with Blitz related to this. I cannot find the free song pack to download in the Xbox Marketplace under this game. I already have downloaded Blitz yesterday but only see 3 songs in Blitz which isn't playable in RB3. Harmonix have better fix this so it would've told me after I ran the game the first time to download the free song pack.
  • GRRRUMBLEGRRRUMBLE Opening Act
    edited November 2012
    thatmarkguy;4866729 said:
    They haven't abandoned it..... Some people poking around the site have found evidence that six songs are already earmarked to get pro upgrade at some point. It may or may not actually come to pass, but there's no reason to call 'abandoned!'.

    http://www.rockband.com/forums/showthread.php?t=231402
    I didn't find 6 just 5. I paid for xbox and ps3 because in the songfinder it shows even today , pro for those songs. That's my money X2 systems
  • dabrry0523dabrry0523 Road Warrior
    edited November 2012
    viperver1;4908010 said:
    I got an problem with Blitz related to this. I cannot find the free song pack to download in the Xbox Marketplace under this game. I already have downloaded Blitz yesterday but only see 3 songs in Blitz which isn't playable in RB3. Harmonix have better fix this so it would've told me after I ran the game the first time to download the free song pack.

    The pack is not in the xbox marketplace, you should get a pop-up when opening blitz asking if you want to download the songs. Some are saying it takes a few tries of opening blitz but eventually you should get a window asking if you want to download the song pack.
Sign In or Register to comment.