Your Rock Band Blitz epic fail for the week...!

edited October 2012 in Rock Band Blitz
By request of our resident Murder Bag full of Magic.

What was your epic fail of the week while playing Rock Band Blitz?"

Comments

• edited September 2012
    Shout :(

Also I have lost every score war ive been in so far but I am winning two right now.
  • www1221www1221 StackOverflowError
    edited September 2012
    MagicMurderBag7;4865447 said:
    Shout :(

Also I have lost every score war ive been in so far but I am winning two right now.

Challenge me to a score war since I challenged you to one last time. :D
  • edited September 2012
    ACK!

Started one last try on a score war on The Camera Eye where I was being beat by about 200K and actually beat the score by 25K and took a higher spot on the leaderboard...

But the score war timer ran out mid song and the game said. SUCK IT!

So, let that be a lesson, you can't just start before the timer runs down, you have to finish too. :P

BAAAWWWWW!

:)
  • otherother Unsigned
    edited September 2012
    Every time I replay a song in Score Wars I do increasing worse.
  • Crid1968Crid1968 Opening Act
    edited September 2012
    The number of times I pass a checkpoint with one instrument on the bottom multiplier.
  • SirDavidTLynchSirDavidTLynch Headliner
    edited September 2012
    Doc_SoCal;4865451 said:
    ACK!

Started one last try on a score war on The Camera Eye where I was being beat by about 200K and actually beat the score by 25K and took a higher spot on the leaderboard...

But the score war timer ran out mid song and the game said. SUCK IT!

So, let that be a lesson, you can't just start before the timer runs down, you have to finish too. :P

BAAAWWWWW!

:)
    I think they said in a livestream that score wars last for about 5 minutes longer than the timer for that very reason. Of course, that only helps so much when you're playing a song that's ten minutes long.
  • MetzharaMetzhara Unsigned
    edited September 2012
    My failure? The fact I cannot play my Rockband 2 songs because I don't own Rockband 3 on my Xbox 360. My second great failure? When I got Lego Rockband the damned code didn't work and I could never retrieve it. Attempting to pull that on the Xbox Marketplace tells me "Bag of Nope". As much as I want to LOVE Blitz, I can only like it. It is keeping me at a distance. Let me have my Rockband 2 and I think we could get pretty dirty Blitz. -Adam
  • Dogmatic2020Dogmatic2020 Rising Star
    edited September 2012
    When I got kicked off the Rock Central servers for the 55th time and earned no creds or coins for the song I was playing.
  • www1221www1221 StackOverflowError
    edited September 2012
  • Lowlander2Lowlander2 FaIling Star
    edited September 2012
    God ****ing dammit, Mags! Now I have to change my signature again!
  • TheHundredDollarHeadacheTheHundredDollarHeadache Pedantic Broken Record
    edited September 2012
    Gah! I let Generic Rock into my top five genres! Must push it out with other genres! (Alternative and New Wave)
  • edited September 2012
    TheHundredDollarHeadache;4866094 said:
    Gah! I let Generic Rock into my top five genres! Must push it out with other genres! (Alternative and New Wave)
    TheHundredDollarHeadache;4865488 said:
    Harmonix. I have forsaken RB3 for RBB, and will shut up about RB3's shortcomings for a good while.
    That did not last long...
  • edited September 2012
    SirDavidTLynch;4865733 said:
    I think they said in a livestream that score wars last for about 5 minutes longer than the timer for that very reason. Of course, that only helps so much when you're playing a song that's ten minutes long.

Ack, that makes it sting more! :P
  • grumblevolcanogrumblevolcano Headliner
    edited September 2012
    I keep getting a worse score when trying to GS "Shout".
    edited September 2012
    Doc_SoCal;4866101 said:
    That did not last long...
    This is a platform-wide shortcoming. I never said anything about those. :D

And it's gone now. I discussed it in the victory thread.

"Modern Love" is next to impossible. Two shameful four-stars and resulting ragequits. Heavy on the keys and drums - they're on the opposite sides.

Also had the "Super Keys" on while playing Maiden. Wasted Years? More like Wasted Coins.
  • CharityDiaryCharityDiary Unsigned
    edited September 2012
    I purchased Ooby Dooby to get the Decade achievement, because the store said it was from the '50s.

It wasn't.
    edited September 2012
    One Vision, double solo. Can't Bandmate my way through it.
    edited September 2012
    Oh man, Mags is beating me again.

I can tell that this yoyo-ing position on the leaderboards is going to continue for quite some time. Overall, I think Mags is going to win. I just have too many other games I want to play, man!

EDIT: Just sent him the score war to end all score wars. This will be the deciding round. Who is truly greatest at this game?
  • MunnchyMunnchy Road Warrior
    edited September 2012
    My fail... I got to the top of the leaderboard for Raise your glass.... By some distance.... Held it for a few days....

Then had that score smashed....... 4 times...... :(
  • TheMuralsTheMurals Unsigned
    edited September 2012
    I also fell for Ooby Dooby's date, but it doesn't matter since the PSN didn't get the bonus DLC goals.

My epic fail is my horrible luck in picking super instruments power-ups (Keys on Death on Two Legs and the like). I also manage to neglect the keys way too much, particularly when it's a sustain type chart. I'm starting to resort to super drums unless there is definitely a better instrument.
  • jibjqrkljibjqrkl Eventually Perceptive
    edited September 2012
    i'd suggest sticking to super guitar/bass, from those 2 lanes you always have a lane on either side, making it a lot easier to switch over to hit a powerup or some OD notes.
    edited September 2012
    Mags, we may as well both give it up. We're not getting that #1 spot.
  • Dogmatic2020Dogmatic2020 Rising Star
    edited September 2012
    Where did that dude come from?
  • MagnetMagnet Moderator
    edited September 2012
    I don't have enough songs to really be competitive in the long run anyway on the global leaderboard. Plus, I had more fun playing "One Week" 17 times yesterday in order to unlock an imaginary achievement!
  • jibjqrkljibjqrkl Eventually Perceptive
    edited September 2012
    new imaginary achievement:
    gold star a song, by playing with your feet!
  • edited October 2012
    I had to play boom lay boom like 20 times.
  • Epsilon82Epsilon82 Opening Act
    edited October 2012
    I probably have the most epic fail of all time...I played my 1,021st song, knowing full well that it could break my game, and sure enough, it did. I'm like the proverbial toddler touching the hot stove, except I knew better and just had to see for myself anyway.
  • zage1337zage1337 Rising Star
    edited October 2012
    Epsilon82;4893841 said:
    I probably have the most epic fail of all time...I played my 1,021st song, knowing full well that it could break my game, and sure enough, it did. I'm like the proverbial toddler touching the hot stove, except I knew better and just had to see for myself anyway.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

who is gonna compete with my scores now? :(
  • Epsilon82Epsilon82 Opening Act
    edited October 2012
    zage1337;4893996 said:
    NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

who is gonna compete with my scores now? :(
    Ha! The way you're going lately it probably wasn't going to be me anyway. But hopefully they can get the issue squared soon enough and I can at least give it the old college try...

Worst case scenario, if this goes on for too long, I may very well end up just creating a new profile and starting from scratch. That way I'd at least be able to pick the 1,020 songs I'd want to have available. There are a lot of songs I wouldn't have played if I had known about the issue from the beginning.

That would be pretty crazy, and I probably wouldn't resort to that unless it looked like it would never be fixed (and they seem hopeful to have a fix soon.)

But I can't imagine being stuck like this forever. Before release, I fully expected that I'd play this game for a few hours, get tired of the novelty, and go back to RB3. Instead, over 120 hours in, I am completely addicted and it has become without question one of my favorite games of all time. And I've played a ****load of games.
  • HeyRilesHeyRiles Besse's Girl
    edited October 2012
    Did the Through the Fire and Flame Notes goal, beat it, forgot to start the goal on Facebook. Second time I've done this, after Message in a Bottle Rocket

Whoopsie