Rock Band Forums Band 3

GreatJedi7GreatJedi7 Road Warrior
edited February 2013 in Less Rokk More Talk
Third time's the charm, right?

Basically, we round up some musically talented folks from around these forums, and through means of the Internet, create music.

Lineup v.3
Guitar: dragoninforcer
Bass: DefferedGalaxy3
Keys/Piano: DefferedGalaxy3
Drums: GreatJedi7
Vocals:
MIDI Synth: LiveHomeVideo, GandWuser

Entourage v.3
Groupie(s): Dangimarocker lol

(Keep in mind that we can have multiple guitarists, bassists, drummers, etc.)

Comments

• DeferredGalaxy3DeferredGalaxy3 Rising Star
    edited September 2012
    So, I guess we can decide on what the genre of the song is.
  • LiveHomeVideoLiveHomeVideo Trying too hard
    edited September 2012
    Wait, why aren't I in the roster?
  • GreatJedi7GreatJedi7 Road Warrior
    edited September 2012
    DeferredGalaxy3;4865524 said:
    So, I guess we can decide on what the genre of the song is.
    Good deal. What does everyone think about the genre?
    LiveHomeVideo;4865527 said:
    Wait, why aren't I in the roster?

I assume you're still doing MIDI madness? Added.
    edited September 2012
    GreatJedi7;4865650 said:

I assume you're still doing MIDI madness? Added.

Cool, thanks.

As for genre, IDK. I'm still wanting to do more technical work, but I guess I'll save that for solo releases. I guess hard rock might be good, though with that there'd be little importance on my role.

Maybe we could be one of those uber-experimental, multi-genre bands that mixes elements of different genres, such as how Diablo Swing Orchestra blends metal, opera and jazz together to make an awesome sound. Of coarse, we'd do different genres.

But on second thought, let's stick to one genre for now. I have no say, since I'd work with any genre besides any form of country.
  • dragoninforcerdragoninforcer UnWashed
    edited September 2012
    I'm fine for any genre you throw at me. I don't really like sticking to one kind of idea for every song I do :p
    edited September 2012
    Should we do this Rock Band Forums Band 1 style and go Progressive Metal then?
    edited September 2012
    GreatJedi7;4865739 said:
    Should we do this Rock Band Forums Band 1 style and go Progressive Metal then?

We're still waiting on Nathaniel's input, but if he says sure, I say sure.
    edited September 2012
    LiveHomeVideo;4865742 said:
    We're still waiting on Nathaniel's input, but if he says sure, I say sure.

I really don't care what genre it is. I'd still do bass and synth solo no matter what genre. Progressive metal sounds good, though.
    edited September 2012
    Well then I guess Progressive Metal is our genre.
  • DangimarockerDangimarocker Headliner
    edited September 2012
    I wish i had singing talent.... :(
    edited September 2012
    So, now we need a drum beat and a chord progression, and we can get going with our song!

Also, can we have some sort of Dropbox account for our stems or source tracks? I just don't feel comfortable knowing that someone's computer is going to screw up (mine is on the verge on breaking, it seems.), and lose their source track.
    edited September 2012
    I keep all my stems for everything I do on one flash drive and on a folder on my computer. But I don't want to be responsible for everyone's stems.
    edited September 2012
    dragoninforcer;4866330 said:
    I keep all my stems for everything I do on one flash drive and on a folder on my computer. But I don't want to be responsible for everyone's stems.

Well, we could have a dropbox folder, and share it with only the Rock Band Forum Band. It's just another backup in case someone loses their stem.
    edited September 2012
    DeferredGalaxy3;4866331 said:
    Well, we could have a dropbox folder, and share it with only the Rock Band Forum Band. It's just another backup in case someone loses their stem.

I think that's a great idea, seeing as we kinda didn't keep track of stems all too well last time. If you could make one that would be great.
    edited September 2012
    https://www.dropbox.com/sh/h655unmthxp5vxn/D_vw9e4Cdi

Here's the link to the folder. You can email me at [email]nathanielwhitlock@yahoo.com[/email] , and I will send you an invite to edit the folder. I have a feeling this will help prevent another stem issue.
    edited September 2012
    Um... one more thing. I kind of feel like I'm in charge, here, and i don't like to feel like that because this is nightlock's thing. I don't know, I just don't want to be the one who's 90% in charge, or at least feel like it. :P So, can someone take the group from here?
    edited September 2012
    I didn't feel that you were in charge. If anything, I felt like GreatJedi was in charge, since he did pick the genre.
    edited September 2012
    LiveHomeVideo;4866361 said:
    I didn't feel that you were in charge. If anything, I felt like GreatJedi was in charge, since he did pick the genre.

I know... I guess it's just the fact I talked a lot on the forums. I kind of brought it upon myself though. :P
    edited September 2012
    Alright guys, I was out at the fair all day, but I'm back now, so let's get this going!

I think Di should record some sort of riff first. I can put drums to a riff easier than I can just making up a drum part.
    edited September 2012
    GreatJedi7;4866495 said:
    Alright guys, I was out at the fair all day, but I'm back now, so let's get this going!

I think Di should record some sort of riff first. I can put drums to a riff easier than I can just making up a drum part.

I have a synth intro that I don't think I'll be using in any of my songs. Want me to upload it, and see if it's worth using here?
    edited September 2012
    LiveHomeVideo;4866498 said:
    I have a synth intro that I don't think I'll be using in any of my songs. Want me to upload it, and see if it's worth using here?

Sure, let's hear it!
    edited September 2012
    GreatJedi7;4866509 said:
    Sure, let's hear it!

It should be in the DropBox. There's a bit of silence afterwords, as well as a count-in. It's two different synths.
    edited September 2012
    I renamed the two sound files to avoid any confusion of which stem is which for those who are on web browsers. Let's avoid keeping these named "untitled."

GIGAKOOPS: https://www.dropbox.com/s/c97uxyjk3ssbdan/MIDI%20Synth.wav
    GREATJEDI7: https://www.dropbox.com/s/36lzydhdjwtg9h0/3%20%28v.2%29%20MIDI%20%2B%20Drums.m4a
  • DangimarockerDangimarocker Headliner
    edited September 2012
    Love it so far guys! :D
    edited September 2012
    Here's the thing, though...

I actually didn't want to use that synth intro. I was just giving a general idea for chord progression. I personally didn't like the result. I can get the separated synths if you want, though. It also had electro drums, but I left them out since I only signed up for MIDI synth.
    edited September 2012
    LiveHomeVideo;4866869 said:
    Here's the thing, though...

I actually didn't want to use that synth intro. I was just giving a general idea for chord progression. I personally didn't like the result. I can get the separated synths if you want, though. It also had electro drums, but I left them out since I only signed up for MIDI synth.

Ahhh ok then. Well then, I guess I should make a drums-only track and give it to Di so he can put a guitar track behind it?
    edited September 2012
    I'd actually prefer if you guys could think of something. I'm kind of busy atm with schoolwork and I don't know how long it will be before I can get to recording again.
  • Ben777Ben777 Unsigned
    edited September 2012
    Hey, I need a Wii code so I can have an online Rockband 3 friend.
    1138-9253-8185-8389
  • TylerFGTylerFG Road Warrior
    edited September 2012
    Ben777;4867968 said:
    Hey, I need a Wii code so I can have an online Rockband 3 friend.
    1138-9253-8185-8389

No.