Inviting friends in goals: does it even work?

LunaticSoulLunaticSoul Rising StarRegistered Users
edited September 2012 in Rock Band Blitz
I've tried several times to invite friends to join me in all of the goals that could be done as a group, but with no success. A friend of mine invited me in doing a goal I'm sure I've never started but still I'm alone in the goal. I've invited him on "Parenthetically Speaking" and most of the "medium 70's/80's ecc.." but on RBW his name is not visible and I don't see his progress on the goal, I just see mine The question is: does it work? Or just as the score war visibility on RBW is hit and miss?

Comments

• srhinesrhine Unsigned Registered Users
    edited September 2012
    I'm having this exact issue, and have yet to find a resolution to it. Come on Harmonix, speak up!
  • PromsAwayPromsAway Unsigned Registered Users
    edited September 2012
    I am having this problem as well. I can't seem to start a group with anyone. It just says the only group members is me.
  • SenseOffenderSenseOffender Unsigned Registered Users
    edited September 2012
    Same here, I send invites and my friends accept them, but we stay in different groups. We're separate, so we can't collaborate on the same goal.

I've also accepted invites, only for it to put me in my own group.

Invites do not work at all for me.
  • Meat-PopsicleMeat-Popsicle Road Warrior Registered Users
    edited September 2012
    I am in the same boat. I'm operating on the assumption that it's because
    1) I am on the PS3
    2) I do not have any Facebook friends that are playing Blitz on the PS3 (all are on the 360).

Are you all in the same boat?
  • CharityDiaryCharityDiary Unsigned Registered Users
    edited September 2012
    I'm on Xbox, and I have friends on Facebook that are also on Xbox
  • Least100SeraphsLeast100Seraphs Unsigned Registered Users
    edited September 2012
    Yeah, something's seriously wrong with the Facebook app. I can't join a goal someone invites me to, and when I invite someone they can't join - it just puts them in the goal on their own.
  • Bront20Bront20 The Writing's on the Wall Registered Users
    edited September 2012
    Meat-Popsicle;4868565 said:
    I am in the same boat. I'm operating on the assumption that it's because
    1) I am on the PS3
    2) I do not have any Facebook friends that are playing Blitz on the PS3 (all are on the 360).

Are you all in the same boat?
    I match up with #1, but I have 2 PS3 friends for #2, and the app itself doesn't seem to differentiate who I can invite.
  • HMXMister_GameHMXMister_Game Harmonix Developer Registered Users, Super Moderators, Administrators, Harmonix, Nord's Major Privates
    edited September 2012
    We discovered a bug with the way your friend's groups were being displayed. Right now, a group only appears on the join page if your friend is the leader. We have a fix in the works that should be deployed shortly (today?) that shows all groups with even one friend in it.

This should fix the case where you get invited to a goal and don't see the group of the friend that invited you.

We're also adding a "Leave Goal" button, so that if you do accidentally join a goal and your friends are also already playing in a different group, you can quit the goal and join their group. You lose all your progress, but at least you don't have to wait a week to start a new goal.
  • bigmfbigmf Tiny Hulk Smash! Registered Users
    edited September 2012
    HMXMister_Game;4869493 said:
    We discovered a bug with the way your friend's groups were being displayed. Right now, a group only appears on the join page if your friend is the leader. We have a fix in the works that should be deployed shortly (today?) that shows all groups with even one friend in it.

This should fix the case where you get invited to a goal and don't see the group of the friend that invited you.

We're also adding a "Leave Goal" button, so that if you do accidentally join a goal and your friends are also already playing in a different group, you can quit the goal and join their group. You lose all your progress, but at least you don't have to wait a week to start a new goal.

Good news! Thanks.
    edited September 2012

Groups aren't showing in my join page at the moment even if my friend is the leader. I tested this by using my girlfriend's FB account and my account (obviously we're friends ;) ) and no matter which permutation I tried, it was no good.

I started a goal and invited her? She got the invite, but when she chose to start goal, she was on her own.
    I started a goal and she looked at the goal on her own? I didn't show up.
    I then went the other way (her sending invites or starting goals) and the same pattern emerged.
    I tried this on IE, Chrome, Firefox and Opera, and the problem persisted.

If the above problem I've mentioned ever gets fixed, this will be helpful in quitting out of all the goals that I ended up joining solo in an attempt to play with others.
  • HMXMister_GameHMXMister_Game Harmonix Developer Registered Users, Super Moderators, Administrators, Harmonix, Nord's Major Privates
    edited September 2012
    Because we haven't updated the app yet.

Patience, my young friend. Soon you will feel the goals flowing through you.
    edited September 2012
    I understand that a fix is on the way for a bug in the way goals are appearing - I was posting because my problem is different from the one you specified.
    Your post said that "Right now, a group only appears on the join page if your friend is the leader."

In my case, even if my friend -is- the leader, they still do not appear.

Edit: to clarify, I wasn't trying to be narky or impatient. I was posting because my issue is similar but not the same, and I wanted to help by explaining the problem I was having.
    edited September 2012
    OK, I understand.

Hopefully our update will fix it. If not we'll keep looking.
    edited September 2012
    Just checking in to say that the new update to the FB app has fixed my issue. Thank you.
  • JQTNguyenJQTNguyen Unsigned Registered Users
    edited September 2012
    Finally able to join Group Goals again as well. Thanks!