Question about importing RB1/2 songs using RB3 GoD

andsoitgoesandsoitgoes Unsigned
edited September 2012 in Rock Band Blitz
Hi all,

I just snagged RBB and was hoping I'd be able to use all my rock band songs in it, but of course then I realized it needed to all be in RB 3 to work, which I don't have =\

Now my question is this.

If I purchase RB3 as a Games on Demand game, which seems to be the only way to purchase it in Canada (sigh), I can import my RB1 and 2 songs into that, correct?

And once I have those songs imported into my GoD RB3 game, will rock band blitz recognize all of those songs?

Will this allow me to play ALL my RB songs?

Comments

• GNFfhqwhgadsGNFfhqwhgads 99% Washed Up
    edited September 2012
    Yes. The disc songs from 3 don't move, though.
  • andsoitgoesandsoitgoes Unsigned
    edited September 2012
    Right, so that will mean RB1, 2 and 3 tracks are available when booting up Blitz as long as I have imported my RB2 tracks already?

Oh, and that also means the cost to buy RB3 and the extra $10 to import into RB3, correct?
  • thatmarkguythatmarkguy Road Warrior
    edited September 2012
    andsoitgoes;4867182 said:
    Right, so that will mean RB1, 2 and 3 tracks are available when booting up Blitz as long as I have imported my RB2 tracks already?

RB3 tracks won't be seen by Blitz. Period.

If you export RB1 and RB2, those tracks (the ones that aren't excluded) will be playable in both Blitz and RB3.

(The North American RB1 export excluded 3 tracks. 2 more were hidden from play at RB3 launch but have been restored via patch and play fine in RB3.)

(The RB2 export excluded 14 tracks. 9 have been made available in a free download. Two of the remaining five have returned as part of the Blitz library, with RB3 track features)
    edited September 2012
    thatmarkguy;4867185 said:
    RB3 tracks won't be seen by Blitz. Period.

If you export RB1 and RB2, those tracks (the ones that aren't excluded) will be playable in both Blitz and RB3.

Oh right. Thanks. I'll try to hunt down the excluded list :)

And holy crap you guys are STUPIDLY FAST in replying. I don't know what I've done to get such special treatment! :)
  • jibjqrkljibjqrkl Eventually Perceptive
    edited September 2012
    andsoitgoes;4867182 said:

Oh, and that also means the cost to buy RB3 and the extra $10 to import into RB3, correct?

yes, you do have to pay the export cost from 2 to 3
    edited September 2012
    andsoitgoes;4867186 said:
    Oh right. Thanks. I'll try to hunt down the excluded list :)
    The NA RB1 excludes are
    Paranoid - (as made famous by) Black Sabbath
    Run To The Hills - (as made famous by) Iron Maiden
    Enter Sandman - Metallica

The RB2 excludes of permanence are:
    Any Way You Want It - Journey
    Battery - Metallica
    Let There Be Rock - AC/DC

In both cases, one Soundgarden song and one Red Hot Chili Peppers song was removed at RB3 launch and are 'restored' now (the RB1 songs via patch, the RB2 songs via Blitz)

(For completeness' sake, the Euro RB1 had some extra songs, and its export excluded the extra song Tokio Hotel - Monsoon. RB3 and Blitz also hide two more songs: Oasis - Rock and Roll Star, and Die Toten Hosen - Hier Kommt Alex)
  • SheSaidSheSaidSheSaidSheSaid Washed Up
    edited September 2012
    thatmarkguy;4867185 said:
    (The North American RB1 export excluded 3 tracks. 2 more were hidden from play at RB3 launch but have been restored via patch and play fine in RB3.)

Makes me wonder -- what happens if someone has and exports RB1 without using RB3? Will DC and BHS be blocked? Do you have to have the latest RB3 patch to have them be playable in Blitz? 'cuz they work fine in RB2 and always did.
    edited September 2012
    SheSaidSheSaid;4867195 said:
    Makes me wonder -- what happens if someone has and exports RB1 without using RB3? Will DC and BHS be blocked? Do you have to have the latest RB3 patch to have them be playable in Blitz? 'cuz they work fine in RB2 and always did.
    Ah that's a good question. So to clarify it is NOT possible to play RB1/2 content without first exporting this to 3, correct?

If that's the case, and you exported the first day RB 3 dropped and somehow never updated it, would they still work? I would assume that the exclusion is hard coded now right from the first if/then statement to prevent issues like this from happening?
    edited September 2012
    RB1 requires nothing but the RB1 disc and the license purchased off PSN/XBL Store. RB2, I don't remember :p
    edited September 2012
    No I mean to play those in Blitz.
  • gamesurfgamesurf Unsigned
    edited September 2012
    I just bought my first Xbox and RB1 used for the export (because the other discs are getting near impossible to find new in stores now... will have to keep hunting). I haven't picked up RB3 yet, but I did get Blitz. To export the songs in RB1, no code was required, all I had to do was pop in the disc and choose "Export Songs" from the game's menu. Black Hole Sun and Dani California show up fine in Blitz, even though I don't have RB3 or the patch that restores those songs to the game.
    edited September 2012
    Weird. I exported my Rb1 songs into RB2 years ago.

Do I need to do this again?
    edited September 2012
    andsoitgoes;4867254 said:
    Weird. I exported my Rb1 songs into RB2 years ago.

Do I need to do this again?
    No. Why would you have to? Did your storage device delete them out of spite when Rock Band 3 came out?
    edited September 2012
    GNFfhqwhgads;4867260 said:
    No. Why would you have to? Did your storage device delete them out of spite when Rock Band 3 came out?

No, I have not purchased RB3, I'm trying to figure out if there is any chance to play them without purchasing RB3 as other guy said he didn't need to purchase it, just had RB 1.
    edited September 2012
    andsoitgoes;4867264 said:
    No, I have not purchased RB3, I'm trying to figure out if there is any chance to play them without purchasing RB3 as other guy said he didn't need to purchase it, just had RB 1.
    Blitz is not RB3. You don't need RB3 to use RB1 songs, as we learned in 2008 when 2 handled them.
    edited September 2012
    gamesurf;4867244 said:
    I just bought my first Xbox and RB1 used for the export (because the other discs are getting near impossible to find new in stores now... will have to keep hunting). I haven't picked up RB3 yet, but I did get Blitz. To export the songs in RB1, no code was required, all I had to do was pop in the disc and choose "Export Songs" from the game's menu. Black Hole Sun and Dani California show up fine in Blitz, even though I don't have RB3 or the patch that restores those songs to the game.

Very good to know, thank you for the information.
    edited September 2012
    GNFfhqwhgads;4867269 said:
    Blitz is not RB3. You don't need RB3 to use RB1 songs, as we learned in 2008 when 2 handled them.

Fine. But my RB1 songs are not showing up in blitz. Hence my problem.
    edited September 2012
    andsoitgoes;4867272 said:
    Fine. But my RB1 songs are not showing up in blitz. Hence my problem.
    So you deleted your RB1 files, then. Export again. No charge. Keep them around this time.
    edited September 2012
    Region compatibility issues maybe?
    edited September 2012
    SheSaidSheSaid;4867275 said:
    Xbox needs matching discs, PS3 needs matching DLC. OP is on Xbox.
    edited September 2012
    I can never keep it straight.
    edited September 2012
    SheSaidSheSaid;4867275 said:

Shouldn't be. Rb 1 worked fine in 2.
    GNFfhqwhgads;4867274 said:
    So you deleted your RB1 files, then. Export again. No charge. Keep them around this time.

I appreciate the help, it's been 4 years since I've looked at a RB game for anyone but my kids so I can't remember if I'd deleted it, I was sure I saw the file there. That said, you could be a smidgen less snarky. Just a smidge.
    edited September 2012
    edited September 2012
    andsoitgoes;4867264 said:

The RB1 export is completely self-contained. After getting the latest title update, it exports from itself, by itself, requiring no other software.

Regarding RB2 export, as best as we can tell:
    On the Xbox360 you need to run RB3 to do the RB2 export. Buy, borrow, rent, steal, Game-on-Demand, whatever your method of getting RB3 into your system, the functionality to export RB2 on Xbox360 simply requires a running copy of RB3 (and an unredeemed-for-RB2-export code from the back of an RB2 manual).

On the PS3, it is believed that you can do the RB2 export entirely without RB3. If you enter the code from the RB2 manual on the import site here, the site will give you a PS3 DLC code, which (reportedly) could be redeemed either through the RB3-disc marketplace, or directly through the PS store.