Blitz ignores 32nd notes?

DeferredGalaxy3DeferredGalaxy3 Rising Star
edited September 2012 in Rock Band Blitz
I was playing Rock Band Blitz on PS3, and downloading songs like crazy. (Ok, it was only 8 songs, but I'm not all that rich.) When I downloaded "The Battle Of Lil' Slugger", and I don't really remember what the name was, I realized something at the solo. RBB turns RB2 and RB3 songs into Blitz songs to a limit. One of those limits is that it reduces the chart to 16th notes. Just saying, songs with 32nd notes, you're gonna get reduced!

Comments

• ClaptonsWigClaptonsWig I Can't Dance
    edited September 2012
    Cause we always assumed people can drum like the machine they used to record those parts?
  • T-HybridT-Hybrid Washed Up
    edited September 2012
    My guess would be that there was some playtesting that determined converting notes at that rate created uncomfortable/difficult/impossible button combinations.

Keep in mind that actually drumming 32nd notes and trying to tap those with fingers is two different things entirely.
  • DeferredGalaxy3DeferredGalaxy3 Rising Star
    edited September 2012
    ClaptonsWig;4867562 said:
    Cause we always assumed people can drum like the machine they used to record those parts?
    T-Hybrid;4867584 said:
    My guess would be that there was some playtesting that determined converting notes at that rate created uncomfortable/difficult/impossible button combinations.

Keep in mind that actually drumming 32nd notes and trying to tap those with fingers is two different things entirely.

I know, but what I am saying is there should have been an exception for slower tempos, especially if they're going to allow those kinds of note speed in Bang Your Head. Otherwise, the solo to little slugger is really boring.
  • CharityDiaryCharityDiary Unsigned
    edited September 2012
    There are some sequences of 32nd notes (or close to it), but not RLRLRL.

They are typically RLLRLLRLLRLLRLLRLLRLL.

But they're still impossible to do.
  • DeferredGalaxy3DeferredGalaxy3 Rising Star
    edited September 2012
    CharityDiary;4867755 said:
    There are some sequences of 32nd notes (or close to it), but not RLRLRL.

They are typically RLLRLLRLLRLLRLLRLLRLL.

But they're still impossible to do.

Unless you are on freakish. But, yeah, I see where you're coming from.
  • CharityDiaryCharityDiary Unsigned
    edited September 2012
    DeferredGalaxy3;4867776 said:
    Unless you are on freakish. But, yeah, I see where you're coming from.

Nooo, these are on songs with really fast tempos.

Imagine the song Diamond Eyes, the chorus of it. Now imagine the bass being populated by 16th notes, in the form of RLRL. That's doable.

Now add an extra L in between each R. So now you're doing RLLRLLRLLRLLRLLRLLRLLRLL in the time it takes the singer to sing, "I'm on the front line."

Not exactly 32nd notes. But unless you're doing your double taps with two different buttons, it's impossible. I use the normal configuration, and there's NO WAY I can repeatedly double-tap the D-pad that quickly.