Goals question from RBW.

ThatAuthoringGroupThatAuthoringGroup Numero Uno Super **** Fanboy #1
edited September 2012 in Rock Band Blitz
Now that we've already had a Foo fighters, and now a Dave Goal, and we've had a chili peppers and now a BSSM goal, the question I'm wondering is this :

If you've already played a song in Blitz, RB3, or both is that song forever 'complete' when it comes to goals? Or can you replay songs for different goals as they pop up?

I guess the essence of my question is if I've already played a song for another goal (or just plain played it), when a new goal pops up can it be replayed or is that one forever done?

Didn't know if it would be pointless to join goals for songs I've played in the past :)

Comments

  • www1221www1221 StackOverflowError
    edited September 2012
    You can play the song again for a different goal. Just like if you played a song before starting a goal you can play that same song again after you start the goal.
  • ThatAuthoringGroupThatAuthoringGroup Numero Uno Super **** Fanboy #1
    edited September 2012
    Nice. Thanks for the quick response :)
  • ThatAuthoringGroupThatAuthoringGroup Numero Uno Super **** Fanboy #1
    edited September 2012
    Got a question about the community goals.

    I want to make sure I'm doing them correctly since I don't see a join goal. Do we just play (insert goal here), and then if the goal is completed and we all get the reward, or just those that participated by playing a song from the goal?

    Didn't know if you had to actively join the community goal, and if it was completed if the entire RBW community got the gold, or just those that played a song from the goal list, or how it worked.
  • fcmleftyfcmlefty Road Warrior
    edited September 2012
    ThatAuthoringGroup;4867697 said:
    Got a question about the community goals.

    I want to make sure I'm doing them correctly since I don't see a join goal. Do we just play (insert goal here), and then if the goal is completed and we all get the reward, or just those that participated by playing a song from the goal?

    Didn't know if you had to actively join the community goal, and if it was completed if the entire RBW community got the gold, or just those that played a song from the goal list, or how it worked.

    Wondering this too.

    Also, it says I have 5 community badges already....but I just put in my linking code an hour ago and havent played Blitz since last night. Why do I have those 5? And how do i see which 5 they are?

    And how do these badges/goals work by playing Rock Band 3?

    If someone could give me a Rock BAnd World/Blitz/RB3 for dummies tutorial, that would be great! I didn't pay much attention to all this stuff pre-release because I thought Blitz was the dumbest concept I'd ever heard of. Playing one song drastically changed my opinion. Well done HMX...
  • CharityDiaryCharityDiary Unsigned
    edited September 2012
    ThatAuthoringGroup;4867697 said:
    Got a question about the community goals.

    I want to make sure I'm doing them correctly since I don't see a join goal. Do we just play (insert goal here), and then if the goal is completed and we all get the reward, or just those that participated by playing a song from the goal?

    Didn't know if you had to actively join the community goal, and if it was completed if the entire RBW community got the gold, or just those that played a song from the goal list, or how it worked.

    My guess is No.

    You'll notice that if you go to one of your Goals, it will show you the goal's Group. The only person in the "group" should be you, because at the moment, you cannot join other people's goals.

    If you were not meant to join other people's goals, the Group section would not be there, as it would be pointless.

    This will hopefully be fixed, and when you are finally able to help others complete goals, you will be able to join the goal's Group.
  • jibjqrkljibjqrkl Eventually Perceptive
    edited September 2012
    CharityDiary;4867800 said:
    My guess is No.

    You'll notice that if you go to one of your Goals, it will show you the goal's Group. The only person in the "group" should be you, because at the moment, you cannot join other people's goals.

    If you were not meant to join other people's goals, the Group section would not be there, as it would be pointless.

    This will hopefully be fixed, and when you are finally able to help others complete goals, you will be able to join the goal's Group.

    oh really? because i'm pretty damn sure i'm looking at my screen now telling me i'm in a group playing the Dave Grohl goal. and there are quite a few other players in there
    http://img805.imageshack.us/img805/7371/213451251.png
  • www1221www1221 StackOverflowError
    edited September 2012
    jibjqrkl;4867854 said:
    oh really? because i'm pretty damn sure i'm looking at my screen now telling me i'm in a group playing the Dave Grohl goal. and there are quite a few other players in there
    http://img805.imageshack.us/img805/7371/213451251.png

    Hey thats my group!

    I think he was talking about community goals. For cummunity goals everyone is automatically entered in the goal
  • ThatAuthoringGroupThatAuthoringGroup Numero Uno Super **** Fanboy #1
    edited September 2012
    Gotcha. So do you even have to participate in a community goal to get the prize if it succeeds?

    I mean I do, but I make sure I do. Didn't know if everyone just got the prize if the goal passed or if you had to actively contribute to the goal.
  • Cotter_PykeCotter_Pyke Unsigned
    edited September 2012
    just to make sure I understand - if I play a song for a goal, I cannot play that same song for the same goal again - in other words if I join a goal which requires 12 Grunge stars, I can't play the one Grunge song that comes with Blitz 3 times, right?......which means I've gotta buy 2 more Grunge songs :(
  • jibjqrkljibjqrkl Eventually Perceptive
    edited September 2012
    Cotter_Pyke;4867907 said:
    just to make sure I understand - if I play a song for a goal, I cannot play that same song for the same goal again - in other words if I join a goal which requires 12 Grunge stars, I can't play the one Grunge song that comes with Blitz 3 times, right?......which means I've gotta buy 2 more Grunge songs :(
    you can't. you can however play that song once in RB3 and once in Blitz. and then it will count for 2. you can't play the same song twice in the same game.

    this is different for every goal, but if you look at the description of the goals it should say whether you can play it in both or not. and most goals can be done in both
  • CharityDiaryCharityDiary Unsigned
    edited September 2012
    jibjqrkl;4867854 said:
    oh really? because i'm pretty damn sure i'm looking at my screen now telling me i'm in a group playing the Dave Grohl goal. and there are quite a few other players in there
    http://img805.imageshack.us/img805/7371/213451251.png

    Yeah, everyone is automatically entered in community goals.

    You can't join friends' goals.
  • jibjqrkljibjqrkl Eventually Perceptive
    edited September 2012
    CharityDiary;4867962 said:
    Yeah, everyone is automatically entered in community goals.

    You can't join friends' goals.

    the dave grohl goal isn't a community goal, but my friends goal
    which i joined.

    as you can see there
  • JQTNguyenJQTNguyen Unsigned
    edited September 2012
    I'm still not able to join friends' goals and vice versa, but I could do so before launch. I wonder what the issue is, where some people are able to, but some (still) aren't.
Sign In or Register to comment.