Cannot connect to Rock Central?

CharityDiaryCharityDiary Unsigned
edited September 2012 in Rock Band Blitz
Is anyone else getting this message?

It's irritating, because every time I try to connect, it has to load my entire DLC library. So it takes like 5 minutes to try to connect to Rock Central. Then it doesn't.

"Please try again."

=(

Comments

• lilbear78lilbear78 Opening Act
    edited September 2012
    Yes having the same issue. I keep trying again and still same message and it takes forever to load my DLC. grrr (first XBL this morning now this. rawr)
  • CharityDiaryCharityDiary Unsigned
    edited September 2012
    lilbear78;4867806 said:
    Yes having the same issue. I keep trying again and still same message and it takes forever to load my DLC. grrr (first XBL this morning now this. rawr)

Yeah, I just had a system update that took about 10 minutes to fully install.

Hopefully they're not related. If the system update is interfering with my ability to access Rock Central, there will be problems.
  • LORDJUJULORDJUJU Road Warrior
    edited September 2012
    Been trying for 20 mins, no dice here. Agreed load time kind of sucks. Must play Blitz!!!
    edited September 2012
    Yep I was playing earlier then I had that stupid system update and haven't been able to connect to the RB server since. *sigh*
  • Real2Reel73Real2Reel73 Unsigned
    edited September 2012
    I have not had any system updates today, and I too cannot connect to Rock Central. It must be a server issue with Harmonix.
  • CharityDiaryCharityDiary Unsigned
    edited September 2012
    IT WORKS NOW

Right na na na
  • LORDJUJULORDJUJU Road Warrior
    edited September 2012
    It's working, it's working!
    edited September 2012
    it works now
    yaaaaaaaaaaaaay!!!
    edited September 2012
    And its down again. RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAWR!!!
  • jcb231jcb231 Opening Act
    edited September 2012
    I tried last night, after midnight or so, and could not get on. Tried again this morning and again just now and failed both times.

What's annoying is that it says at the menu screen that it is connected, then after I play a song is says I won't get Blitz cred because the connection was lost. Then it boots me back to the menu to start over. I just wish it wouldn't trick me at the menu screen and wait until I play a whole song before going "ha ha nope" like that.
  • gwpomgwpom Unsigned
    edited September 2012
    My connectivity to the server has been very similar to this ever since the release of Blitz. I have no other issues with any other games (RB3 included). Wake up Harmonix, get over your Pax buzz, and get back to work! This is very frustrating to try to play a game and constantly have to start over, or even worse, to play a song and not get cred for it. That's the Blitz ****z.
    jcb231;4867876 said:
    I tried last night, after midnight or so, and could not get on. Tried again this morning and again just now and failed both times.

What's annoying is that it says at the menu screen that it is connected, then after I play a song is says I won't get Blitz cred because the connection was lost. Then it boots me back to the menu to start over. I just wish it wouldn't trick me at the menu screen and wait until I play a whole song before going "ha ha nope" like that.
  • KEWBKEWB Road Warrior
    edited September 2012
    I was having problems a little earlier too. I only tried a couple of times and figured it was an issue on Harmonix's end. I wish it would attempt to connect to Rock Central before loading DLC so that if you have problems connecting to Rock Central and don't want to play offline mode you would waste significantly less waiting if you have a lot of dlc. It's not a huge deal, but it's a change that would have made it slightly less annoying in situations like this.
  • jcb231jcb231 Opening Act
    edited September 2012
    I just wish it would tell me, in big flashing letters mid-song, when my connection to the Rock Band Central goes down so that I don't waste time finishing the song and trying to get a good score. This is getting really frustrating....I don't understand, first of all, why a single-player game has to be so reliant on all these connections (internet, Xbox/PS, and then RB) and secondly why this issue hasn't been discussed or any explanation given as to why the RB Central network seems so unreliable.
    KEWB;4867929 said:
    I was having problems a little earlier too. I only tried a couple of times and figured it was an issue on Harmonix's end. I wish it would attempt to connect to Rock Central before loading DLC so that if you have problems connecting to Rock Central and don't want to play offline mode you would waste significantly less waiting if you have a lot of dlc. It's not a huge deal, but it's a change that would have made it slightly less annoying in situations like this.