Rock Band Blitz - Skipping and glitching songs on the PS3. Anyone know a fix for this

spoonmanxspoonmanx Unsigned
edited November 2012 in Rock Band Blitz
I'm having a lot of glitching and freezing in the Blitz songs on the PS3. Is there a way to fix this or will Harmonix be releasing a patch for this any time soon? -Thanks

Comments

• DeferredGalaxy3DeferredGalaxy3 Rising Star
    edited September 2012
    spoonmanx;4867941 said:
    I'm having a lot of glitching and freezing in the Blitz songs on the PS3. Is there a way to fix this or will Harmonix be releasing a patch for this any time soon? -Thanks

Hmm... Never happened with me before. It may be your PS3 itself, does this happen with any other games currently?
  • edited September 2012
    I have played quite a bit of Blitz on my PS3 (Slim) with none of this.

How old is your PS3? I would suggest a full back-up just in case if you care about the saves and whatnot and have not done so recently.
  • IcemageIcemage Road Warrior
    edited September 2012
    I've had no issues with my PS3 in Blitz, and there are over 2500 songs in my Blitz song list.

Do you perhaps have songs downloaded that you no longer hold a license for (i.e. from another account that was deleted or whatever)?
  • spoonmanxspoonmanx Unsigned
    edited September 2012
    It's not the PS3 since I've downloaded over 150 games and they all work as advertized.
    I haven't done any hard drive upgrades on it so it's not the other common problem with people upgrading to a hard drive that either runs too hot or too fast for the PS3.

I know it's not just me because I posted on another forum and many other people also agreed that songs are skipping.
    Here's exactly what happens:

The song/video will freeze up for a fraction of a second and then the last .5 second of the song will repeat. It's not a huge glitch, but it's enough to cause you to lose your place in the song and kill your perfect solo (if it happens during that).

My PS3 is a brand new slim 320GB model purchased a few months ago.
    I have imported RB1, RB2, RB3, LEGO Rock Band, and now Blitz songs onto the hdd.
    PS3 FW: 4.21

It seems to happen more now that I have become much better at the game. I skip around to all of the white notes now and hit the bombs every chance I get. I now get skipping sometimes as many as 3 per song. Maybe that has something to do with it. Or maybe because I have over 400 songs?

Is there a way to officially contact Harmonix about this? I really want this game to work well since I enjoy playing it, but it's so frustrating to have the song skip and I miss out on the gold stars because of it.
    Icemage;4867995 said:
    I've had no issues with my PS3 in Blitz, and there are over 2500 songs in my Blitz song list.

Do you perhaps have songs downloaded that you no longer hold a license for (i.e. from another account that was deleted or whatever)?

No, I own them all. The PS3 was purchased brand new and I play it every night. No other game has given me so much as a bad pixel.

On my old PS3 I had upgraded the hdd to a 500GB Samsung and that caused skipping in Rock Band 2, Rock Band 3, and many other non Harmonix games (Uncharted 2, Ratchet & Clank, and about 20 others), but since that system died (YLOD) I bought a new 320GB slim model and it has been 100% perfect in every way (until Blitz). Again, I love the game, but this can be maddening.

I can try and record the problem if it would help in any way. If you search for this problem it should so I'm not alone.
  • jibjqrkljibjqrkl Eventually Perceptive
    edited September 2012
    have you tried re-downloading/installing the game?
    edited September 2012
    No. Would that change anything if it's the same version? I guess I can try it.
    Doc_SoCal;4867959 said:
    I have played quite a bit of Blitz on my PS3 (Slim) with none of this.

How old is your PS3? I would suggest a full back-up just in case if you care about the saves and whatnot and have not done so recently.

My PS3 is only a few months old and I use it nightly. No other games show signs of problems.
    I have all of my saves on the PSN Cloud/ USB memory stick as well, but thanks for the tip.
  • GNFfhqwhgadsGNFfhqwhgads 99% Washed Up
    edited September 2012
    spoonmanx;4868045 said:
    No. Would that change anything if it's the same version?
    A hiccup during the download could leave a scar in part of the code. It doesn't need to be a new version, because you're the only reported case. It's isolated to just you, and that means it probably was an issue during the download.
  • KoobcamKoobcam Unsigned
    edited September 2012
    I did have one song glitch on me the first time I played the game after installing the Blitz soundtrack.

Played Jessie's Girl as soon as I started it and it had a .5 second loop like what you described in the middle of the song.

After that I picked a song from a different source and had no problems, and never had any real problems since. I even played Jessie's Girl on RB3 and had no problems there. :D

And just for the record, I have a 120GB slim and have over 500 songs total (including all exports except Country)
  • Bront20Bront20 The Writing's on the Wall
    edited September 2012
    I had a skipping issue when I switched to a new slip form my old fat system in RB3, and initially it happened every few songs, but it eventually stopped. Has it been getting better? Or is it still acting up?

Also, if you're using a nice HD TV, make sure you're in game mode, which can turn off some post processing that can cause issues like this on occasion.
  • Astaroth211Astaroth211 Unsigned
    edited September 2012
    I had the exact same problem on the Xbox the first day or so I played it. Since then i've played 180+ songs and it hasn't happened again. Maybe it will eventually stop for you too.
  • simao76simao76 Opening Act
    edited September 2012
    spoonmanx;4867941 said:

I've been having the same issue, I have a new 320gb slim model and a fat 80gb(with an upgraded 500gb HDD).

Yesterday I was trying to get the "medium Avenged Sevenfold goal", on the slim PS3, and some songs kept freezing and glitching, then I tried the same songs on the older PS3 and they played perfectly.

I, recently, downloaded all my rock band songs and exports to the new model, so I suspect that some downloading errors may have ocurred, I' ll try redownloading the songs that are glitching, to see if that solves the issue.
    edited September 2012
    simao76;4868444 said:
    I've been having the same issue, I have a new 320gb slim model and a fat 80gb(with an upgraded 500gb HDD).

Yesterday I was trying to get the "medium Avenged Sevenfold goal", on the slim PS3, and some songs kept freezing and glitching, then I tried the same songs on the older PS3 and they played perfectly.

I, recently, downloaded all my rock band songs and exports to the new model, so I suspect that some downloading errors may have ocurred, I' ll try redownloading the songs that are glitching, to see if that solves the issue.

So it's happening all the time on both systems or just the 320GB slim model? I have the exact same model. I wonder if it's a system specific bug.

It really sucks though. :( I am getting these glitches on just about every song from every source (RB1, RB2, DLC, LEGO, Blitz) and sometimes as many as 3 glitches PER song! It totally screws up the flow of the game and makes it nearly impossible to get a perfect solo bonus.
    Bront20;4868410 said:
    I had a skipping issue when I switched to a new slip form my old fat system in RB3, and initially it happened every few songs, but it eventually stopped. Has it been getting better? Or is it still acting up?

Also, if you're using a nice HD TV, make sure you're in game mode, which can turn off some post processing that can cause issues like this on occasion.

I'm not sure what you mean by switching to a new slip. Maybe it's a typo? Hmm..

Do you know what would have changed so that it suddenly stopped giving you problems?

It's actually been getting worse as I get better at the game. I put about 40 hours into it and can normally 5 star any song and have gold starred about 1/3rd of the songs I play. I'd probably get many more if the songs didn't glitch out. :(

I play my PS3 on a couple different HDTV's. I can say with 100% certainty that this is not a lag issue.
    I do play on "Game Mode" and I also recalibrate whenever I switch displays. It does it on both equally.

I'd really like to get to the bottom of this. It's still a great game, but this glitch really takes you out of the zone.
  • Dr. ParaDr. Para Opening Act
    edited September 2012
    Having the same issue, happens often enough to be annoying. Have a new slim, 160 gig PS3, doesn't seem to happen on any of my other games from what I've seen. System is about, eh, 4 weeks old or so now, just upgraded from my old fatty.
  • simao76simao76 Opening Act
    edited September 2012
    spoonmanx;4868788 said:
    So it's happening all the time on both systems or just the 320GB slim model? I have the exact same model. I wonder if it's a system specific bug.
    It never happened on the 80gb fat model, it only happens on the new 320gb slim model, but, it only freezes once or twice per song and sometimes it doesn't even occur, but it is very annoying when it does.
  • raynebcraynebc Road Warrior
    edited September 2012
    GNFfhqwhgads;4868050 said:
    A hiccup during the download could leave a scar in part of the code.

TCP is a reliable protocol, meaning if a packet fails a checksum, it gets re-downloaded automatically as defined by protocol. This doesn't account for glitches where bad data is sent from the server, so if the game/console doesn't use an additional checksum to validate each downloaded file, then for shame.
  • j00zt1nj00zt1n Unsigned
    edited September 2012
    Same exact issue here, rocking a PS3 slim and very often (once every song or two, sometimes more frequently) the song will freeze for about half a second, then repeat the last half-second of the song, screwing up my combo.
    edited September 2012
    spoonmanx;4868788 said:
    I'm not sure what you mean by switching to a new slip. Maybe it's a typo? Hmm..
    I meant slim.
  • GekkotonGekkoton Unsigned
    edited September 2012
    I'm having exactly the same problems, my PS3 is a 160GB slim model purchased a few months ago. I hope you guys fix this problem.
  • stigdustigdu Opening Act
    edited September 2012
    I had this issue with Moves Like Jagger one time but now it seems to be ok.
    Running a PS3 slim European model with a 500gb hard drive.
  • lostprophet182lostprophet182 Unsigned
    edited September 2012
    Just to add myself to the cause I got this last night having played 280 songs (isn't the rock band world app good) with no problem. It happened whilst trying to get the 70's goal with Ziggy Stardust and Night Fever. I did notice on one of them it was during a busy section and i think occured as i tried to skip over 2 lanes. Could it be to do with the amount of processing going into keeping it all live? It reminded me of similar glitches when smashing tons of stuff with lots of bolts in R+C: Crack in time.

Hopefully it can get a fix, for those it's happening repeatedly to :)
    edited September 2012
    lostprophet182;4876449 said:
    Just to add myself to the cause I got this last night having played 280 songs (isn't the rock band world app good) with no problem. It happened whilst trying to get the 70's goal with Ziggy Stardust and Night Fever. I did notice on one of them it was during a busy section and i think occured as i tried to skip over 2 lanes. Could it be to do with the amount of processing going into keeping it all live? It reminded me of similar glitches when smashing tons of stuff with lots of bolts in R+C: Crack in time.

Hopefully it can get a fix, for those it's happening repeatedly to :)

Rockband support is still claiming this is a problem with the PS3 and can only tell me to contact Sony for further help. :(

Typical pass the buck like most companies do now. It's really frustrating that it seems to be with the games I enjoy; Pinball Arcade, RB Blitz. :mad:
  • DVVAVEDVVAVE Opening Act
    edited November 2012
    I have the exact same problem with rb3. I recently transferred my data from a 80gb fatty to a new 160gb slim. Practically every song skips 1 or more times and it's extremely frustrating. Never had this issue with my fatty. I tried re-downloading a bunch of dlc but same issue. Happens on dlc, blitz, rb1,2,3 and green day songs :( I don't have any other games on the console.
    edited November 2012
    DVVAVE;4932740 said:
    I have the exact same problem with rb3. I recently transferred my data from a 80gb fatty to a new 160gb slim. Practically every song skips 1 or more times and it's extremely frustrating. Never had this issue with my fatty. I tried re-downloading a bunch of dlc but same issue. Happens on dlc, blitz, rb1,2,3 and green day songs :( I don't have any other games on the console.
    For me, it got better after the first few songs. Has it for you?

The only issue I've run into is when I hit around 920 songs, RB3 slowed down like it hit a wall. Loading is suddenly significantly slower (not the initial load, but moving between menues and after playing songs I sometimes get a 3-6 second delay before I can do anything.)