Symbols next to songs?

russianforkrussianfork Unsigned
edited September 2012 in Rock Band Blitz
So I was scrolling down my setlist and right next to "In the End" there's a red circle with a black plus sign in it. Anybody know what it could mean?

Comments

• jibjqrkljibjqrkl Eventually Perceptive
    edited September 2012
    russianfork;4868833 said:
    So I was scrolling down my setlist and right next to "In the End" there's a red circle with a black plus sign in it. Anybody know what it could mean?

you get double the coins if you play the LP songs this week (in addition to the 2x coin bonus from first time playing an unplayed track)
  • atalkingfishatalkingfish Opening Act
    edited September 2012
    jibjqrkl;4868834 said:
    you get double the coins if you play the LP songs this week (in addition to the 2x coin bonus from first time playing an unplayed track)

Whoa, I did not know this. How does this feature work?
  • www1221www1221 StackOverflowError
    edited September 2012
    atalkingfish;4868845 said:

You play a song(Linkin Park in this case) and get double coins.

Not sure what else there is to explain.
    edited September 2012
    www1221;4868853 said:
    You play a song(Linkin Park in this case) and get double coins.

Not sure what else there is to explain.

Well, am I to assume that... the reason Linkin Park songs give you double coins is because they are DLC this week?

I'm looking for the mechanism, not more explanation on this specific example.
  • hodayathinkhodayathink Opening Act
    edited September 2012
    atalkingfish;4868845 said:
    They just rolled it out today. According to their Twitter feed, any Linkin Park song gets double coins, and unplayed Linkin Park gets triple coins (double bonus for new songs and double bonus for LP songs).
    edited September 2012
    atalkingfish;4868854 said:
    Well, am I to assume that... the reason Linkin Park songs give you double coins is because they are DLC this week?

I'm looking for the mechanism, not more explanation on this specific example.

What do you mean by mechanism? You play the songs in Blitz and get the coins.
  • russianforkrussianfork Unsigned
    edited September 2012
    Then why is it that In the End has it but One Step Closer doesn't?
  • hodayathinkhodayathink Opening Act
    edited September 2012
    russianfork;4868859 said:

Haven't figured that one out yet (it's probably a bug).
    edited September 2012
    russianfork;4868859 said:

RB2 song doesnt count
  • Pime_Taradox234Pime_Taradox234 Opening Act
    edited September 2012
    Man, I addressed the One Step Closer issue in my own topic and it gets ignored... ;_;
  • LunaticSoulLunaticSoul Rising Star
    edited September 2012
    Just Linkin Park 01 and 02 have the symbol, hence why One Step Closer doesn't work. Btw, it's just 300 coins man.. Do it again with no powerups and voil
  • Pime_Taradox234Pime_Taradox234 Opening Act
    edited September 2012
    I'm not exactly bummed about the lack of a bonus. I just find it strange that the message implied OSC was part of the coin bonus thing yet it doesn't get it. Whatever, I'm not even that big of an LP fan anymore, lol.
    edited September 2012
    www1221;4868858 said:
    What do you mean by mechanism? You play the songs in Blitz and get the coins.

Okay, let me try to ask this clearly.

How are the songs that give us extra points chosen?
  • SirDavidTLynchSirDavidTLynch Headliner
    edited September 2012
    Do you really need an explanation of why Harmonix are giving a bonus for playing Linkin Park songs right after releasing new Linkin Park songs?
    edited September 2012
    atalkingfish;4868912 said:
    Okay, let me try to ask this clearly.

How are the songs that give us extra points chosen?
    SirDavidTLynch;4868917 said:
    Do you really need an explanation of why Harmonix are giving a bonus for playing Linkin Park songs right after releasing new Linkin Park songs?

What he said.

Also Linkin Park sucks in Blitz
    edited September 2012
    SirDavidTLynch;4868917 said:

If you read my earlier reply, you would see that I assumed that they were giving bonus points for all Linkin Park songs because Linkin Park was the DLC this week.

Yet, it wasn't explicitly stated, so I was making sure.

Also, it's worth knowing whether or not these packs are specifically chosen by Harmonix or were automatic. Like, if there is a newcomer to the platform, would that mean there are no bonus tracks? What about singles weeks? etc. That's what I'm wondering.
  • SheSaidSheSaidSheSaidSheSaid Washed Up
    edited September 2012
    ...wait and see? Is there a reason you need to know everything about it right now?
    edited September 2012
    SheSaidSheSaid;4868922 said:
    ...wait and see? Is there a reason you need to know everything about it right now?

No, but can't I ask without being criticized?

Maybe HMX explained this somewhere that I missed (I didn't even know about it in the first place, so that's not unreasonable to thing). Or someone knows more than I do. Or some HMX person will tell me. Who knows, but there's nothing wrong with asking.
  • jibjqrkljibjqrkl Eventually Perceptive
    edited September 2012
    atalkingfish;4868920 said:
    If you read my earlier reply, you would see that I assumed that they were giving bonus points for all Linkin Park songs because Linkin Park was the DLC this week.

Yet, it wasn't explicitly stated, so I was making sure.

Also, it's worth knowing whether or not these packs are specifically chosen by Harmonix or were automatic. Like, if there is a newcomer to the platform, would that mean there are no bonus tracks? What about singles weeks? etc. That's what I'm wondering.

i'm pretty sure we'll find out as soon as it happens
    atalkingfish;4868924 said:
    No, but can't I ask without being criticized?

did you really think anyone here would already know that stuff?
  • BachiGBachiG Inconceivable...
    edited September 2012
    jibjqrkl;4868925 said:
    did you really think anyone here would already know that stuff?

*waits to see how long the wait is until someone from HMX posts an explanation*
  • GNFfhqwhgadsGNFfhqwhgads 99% Washed Up
    edited September 2012
    "Hey, it just started today."

"Yeah, but how's it going to happen the next four times?"

"...Yeah, still just started today."

"But I'm asking about the next times."

We get it, ATF. You have questions. And the answer is, it doesn't matter! It doesn't affect you until it happens! And when it does, you've got a whoooooole week to prepare accordingly.
    edited September 2012
    GNFfhqwhgads;4868954 said:
    "Hey, it just started today."

"Yeah, but how's it going to happen the next four times?"

"...Yeah, still just started today."

"But I'm asking about the next times."

We get it, ATF. You have questions. And the answer is, it doesn't matter! It doesn't affect you until it happens! And when it does, you've got a whoooooole week to prepare accordingly.

Except you guys were talking like you knew what was going on, while the idea was completely new to me. I was looking for someone with more knowledge on the subject, not fortune telling.

Meanwhile, you clearly (and unsurprisingly) have nothing to offer in this topic, so why you bothered posting in the first place is a mystery. Maybe you like taking up space to get your warped description of reality out there so people can take up more space explaining the gaps in logic, or whatever. Who knows why you do what you do.

All I know is you give everyone whose username can be summarized in three capital letters a bad rap.