At wits end with this game!!!!

Real2Reel73Real2Reel73 Unsigned
edited September 2012 in Rock Band Blitz
I have a spotty internet connection. I can live with the fact that if I lose connection during a song that I wont get my stars, cred, and coins. I don't like it, but I can live with it. What is driving me mad is that I am not refunded the coins I used to purchase the ultimately useless powerups I bought during the song I was playing when I lost internet connectivity. It is absolutely ridiculous! Surely there must be some way to save the parameters of the song if you lose connectivity, and one gets the credit for the song later on when the game can snyc with the server, provided they were connected when the song started! I am close to not wanting to play anymore!

Comments

• Bront20Bront20 The Writing's on the Wall
    edited September 2012
    1) I might suggest bringing this up in the other threads that discuss coins, or the bugs and features thread.

2) It's an intentional design, and among other things, it prevents folks from pulling their internet connection intentionally if they're not happy with their run, so they can try again for free.
  • MurphyRockMurphyRock Rising Star
    edited September 2012
    This has happened to me twice; each time I was out 750 coins because I'm using a full cadre of powerups. My internet connection is NOT spotty for any other application.

I would strongly suggest that the game be patched in a future version to include a "RETRY" option when attempting to post scores, instead of just telling the player "Sorry about that, you not only lose the score on your awesome run, and all the coins you earned, but also all the coins you spent on powerups, herp derp!"
  • ThatAuthoringGroupThatAuthoringGroup Numero Uno Super **** Fanboy #1
    edited September 2012
    Can we 'gift" coins to people?

I'm not sure how people run low on coins (Maybe because I play a bunch of different songs instead of focusing on the same ones over and over again?) but I've got over 50,000 coins and I don't have any use for them as I always seem to get more.

So a gift coin feature would be cool :D
  • MurphyRockMurphyRock Rising Star
    edited September 2012
    ThatAuthoringGroup;4869283 said:

I'm not sure how people run low on coins (Maybe because I play a bunch of different songs instead of focusing on the same ones over and over again?) but I've got over 50,000 coins and I don't have any use for them as I always seem to get more.

I might be in the same place, but for the fact that I've played "Cult Of Personality" with full power-ups (trying to get the "Hard Goal Is Hard" goal) so many times that it's reduced my coin balance to below 5,000. I have a large cache of songs that are unplayed that I can play for more, but it's annoying to have to switch when I'm trying for a specific goal.

Also, I really dislike playing without powerups, so I tend to use three on every playthough.

(Note that you can do 10 Score Wars with a friend every 2 days, which is the same as potentially gifting yourself and a friend anywhere from 2,500 to 7,500 coins every 2 days. That definitely helps.)
  • Real2Reel73Real2Reel73 Unsigned
    edited September 2012
    Bront20;4869205 said:
    1) I might suggest bringing this up in the other threads that discuss coins, or the bugs and features thread.

2) It's an intentional design, and among other things, it prevents folks from pulling their internet connection intentionally if they're not happy with their run, so they can try again for free.
    While that makes sense, it can still be designed so that you have a choice if you lose connectivity. Quit now, and lose everything, or save the parameters in a file, and when you connect again, it syncs your "bad run" with the servers, and everyone wins. It is not a fair system for those of us with spotty internet connections.
  • cinnfullcinnfull Unsigned
    edited September 2012

It's easy to run out of coins if you do not have a lot of DLC. I have about 500 songs. Some goals I'll never get (Grohl, Avenged, Jack White, Disturbed, RHC). I don't have all the songs and I won't buy the songs just to get more coins. I've played the goals I can and am now waiting on the community to complete the weekly goal. I still have about 30 songs I haven't played and am sitting at ~9000 coins. I would assume there are more people like me than there are like you. Love the game but I'll probably be out of coins by tomorrow. A 200-300 coin bonus for new personal high score would help a lot.
  • www1221www1221 StackOverflowError
    edited September 2012
    Youve played 450 songs and only have 9000 coins stored? How much grinding have you done? Ive only played 247 songs and ive got 40k coins but Ive also done all but 2 goals(not counting the community goal)
  • HeyRilesHeyRiles Besse's Girl
    edited September 2012
    www1221;4869440 said:
    Youve played 450 songs and only have 9000 coins stored? How much grinding have you done?

You only gain a profit of coins in certain circumstances while using all three power-ups, if you get gold stars on songs tier 2 or higher
  • edited September 2012

I have around 55,000 too. I'm guessing it's because I don't care about gold stars and just want to play all the songs I own.
  • cinnfullcinnfull Unsigned
    edited September 2012
    www1221;4869440 said:
    Youve played 450 songs and only have 9000 coins stored? How much grinding have you done? Ive only played 247 songs and ive got 40k coins but Ive also done all but 2 goals(not counting the community goal)

Right now the goals I will not complete are worth 43000 coins. And when you factor in when I first started, I was lucky to get 4 stars, And I have quite a few repeats trying to get 5 stars, it's easy to burn through coins. Doubt I'll spend the $40 needed to complete the Grohl goal.
  • thatmarkguythatmarkguy Road Warrior
    edited September 2012
    cinnfull;4869490 said:
    Right now the goals I will not complete are worth 43000 coins. And when you factor in when I first started, I was lucky to get 4 stars, And I have quite a few repeats trying to get 5 stars, it's easy to burn through coins. Doubt I'll spend the $40 needed to complete the Grohl goal.

You know you can beat the goal with half the songs, right? Assuming you have RB3.

All the goals track "Song played in RBB" and "Song played in RB3" as separate song instances. So any "Play these N songs" can be completed playing N/2 of them in Blitz and that same N/2 again in RB3.

I completed Come Fly With Me (7 song scavenger hunt) with only 4 of the 7 songs.
  • Meat-PopsicleMeat-Popsicle Road Warrior
    edited September 2012
    thatmarkguy;4869496 said:
    I completed Come Fly With Me (7 song scavenger hunt) with only 4 of the 7 songs.
    Bug, or feature?
    Does it tell you what the other songs (that you didn't play) are once you finish?
  • jibjqrkljibjqrkl Eventually Perceptive
    edited September 2012
    cinnfull;4869490 said:
    i have done a total of 2 goals in which i actually played 1 or more of the songs (and a few in which i let someone join and let him play)
    still have 40.000 coins, and i haven't even played 150 songs yet
  • BlasteroidsBlasteroids Road Warrior
    edited September 2012
    For those of us who don't use Facebook, losing coins is annoying as hell! It seems if you use Facebook you have loads of extra coins so it's not really affecting you. Not sure if I'm going to be playing Blitz much at all because of this.
  • jibjqrkljibjqrkl Eventually Perceptive
    edited September 2012
    Blasteroids;4869587 said:
    For those of us who don't use Facebook, losing coins is annoying as hell! It seems if you use Facebook you have loads of extra coins so it's not really affecting you. Not sure if I'm going to be playing Blitz much at all because of this.
    jibjqrkl;4869544 said:
    i have done a total of 2 goals in which i actually played 1 or more of the songs (and a few in which i let someone join and let him play)
    still have 40.000 coins, and i haven't even played 150 songs yet
    ^

got money with 2 goals on facebook, total money earned that way? 1300 coins
    maybe a few score wars, but the money i earned on facebook total is not going to be more than 5000.

i still have 40.000
  • BlasteroidsBlasteroids Road Warrior
    edited September 2012
    jibjqrkl;4869604 said:
    got money with 2 goals on facebook, total money earned that way? 1300 coins maybe a few score wars, but the money i earned on facebook total is not going to be more than 5000.

i still have 40.000

So you are telling me you are netting a profit of 233 coins for every song you have played? And that is without any disconnection loses. So you must be playing songs without powerups and rarely playing the same song twice.

Remember that Facebook also gives you more options for score wars unlike the pathetic random option in the game. I have had to reject score wars because I don't own the song, had songs come up for friends who I know don't have the song and also multiple score wars to the same person in a row.
    The only way of getting another random score war? Restart the game. Great system :/
  • HeyRilesHeyRiles Besse's Girl
    edited September 2012
    Remember that there are many factors for people that have low coins or run out of coins - things such as attempting to gold star the setlist for the achievement, no Facebook, using all the power-ups and still receiving four or five stars on easy songs, and probably the worst one, losing 750 coins on a run and receiving no credit because the internet is spotty

Please keep those factors in consideration when telling people about how easy it is to keep coins
  • thatmarkguythatmarkguy Road Warrior
    edited September 2012
    Well, the new just-announced tweaks should help this. See the sticky. A full loadout is 550 now, and all songs now reward at 100 coin per star, not just the top tiered ones.
  • Ruz-ElRuz-El Rising Star
    edited September 2012
    thatmarkguy;4869496 said:
    You know you can beat the goal with half the songs, right? Assuming you have RB3.

All the goals track "Song played in RBB" and "Song played in RB3" as separate song instances. So any "Play these N songs" can be completed playing N/2 of them in Blitz and that same N/2 again in RB3.

Really? I googled to cheat and they claim that "Fly Like An Eagle" works. The song doesn't appear in Blitz and playing it in RB3 doesn't tick it off the list.
  • metalkornmetalkorn Rising Star
    edited September 2012
    Ruz-El;4873053 said:
    Really? I googled to cheat and they claim that "Fly Like An Eagle" works. The song doesn't appear in Blitz and playing it in RB3 doesn't tick it off the list.

It does. might be an issue with your attempt or it has yet to update.