Is my Rock Band Blitz review fair?

Jamination2Jamination2 Unsigned
edited September 2012 in Rock Band Blitz
Hey guys I recently wrote a review for Blitz on my friend's small site here http://www.omghomeblend.com/details.php?cid=93 . I'd appreciate any of your honest feedback, even if it's criticism!

Comments

• jibjqrkljibjqrkl Eventually Perceptive
    edited September 2012
    "especially as the game sometimes spends these credits automatically. "

what?

after you play a song it keeps those same powerups in the menu yes, but if you simply switch from those to no powerup you will regain those coins.
  • MurphyRockMurphyRock Rising Star
    edited September 2012
    Your review neglects to point out that there are many ways to get new songs free or cheap.

If you pick up used copies of RB1 and RB2 and export them, you can pick up 134 tracks for about ($5 RB1 used + $5 RB2 used + $5 RB1 export + $10 RB2 export) = $25. Pick up RB2 new instead and there's another free 20-track pack in it for you. Pick up Lego RB new and you can add 45 more songs for LegoRB purchase price + $10 (and Lego RB songs are highly suited to Blitz, in my opinion). Also, there are 7 free tracks in the Xbox Live store:

・Am I Crazy - Little Fish
    ・Charlene (I'm Right Behind You) - Stephen and the Colberts
    ・Dreaming of Love - Lights Resolve
    ・Headphones On - Miranda Cosgrove
    ・Promised Land - Vesuvius
    ・RBN Megamix 01 - Various Artists
    ・Still Alive - GLaDOS
    edited September 2012
    MurphyRock;4869251 said:
    Your review neglects to point out that there are many ways to get new songs free or cheap.

If you pick up used copies of RB1 and RB2 and export them, you can pick up 134 tracks for about ($5 RB1 used + $5 RB2 used + $5 RB1 export + $10 RB2 export) = $25. Pick up RB2 new instead and there's another free 20-track pack in it for you. Pick up Lego RB new and you can add 45 more songs for LegoRB purchase price + $10 (and Lego RB songs are highly suited to Blitz, in my opinion). Also, there are 7 free tracks in the Xbox Live store:

・Am I Crazy - Little Fish
    ・Charlene (I'm Right Behind You) - Stephen and the Colberts
    ・Dreaming of Love - Lights Resolve
    ・Headphones On - Miranda Cosgrove
    ・Promised Land - Vesuvius
    ・RBN Megamix 01 - Various Artists
    ・Still Alive - GLaDOS

RB2 used still needs an unused code. so i would just stick to the new copy price there.
    you can also download some songs that didn't export from RB2 straight away for free anyway. (including Get Clean, Shoulder to the Plow, Visions, Conventional lover and a few more)
  • Jamination2Jamination2 Unsigned
    edited September 2012
    I can't include everything in the review. Yes you can get lots of songs for Rock Band Blitz for cheap but you still have to pay for that additional content, whether it is buying DLC online or buying the games for cheap in the store. If the game was a full stand-alone game then you would not need to pay for this extra content in order to unlock all the achievements.
    For me personally - extra content that you can pay for on other Rock Band games are a cool bonus that enhances an already brilliant full game, but for Blitz extra content feels almost like a necessity.
  • edited September 2012
    Rock Band 3 came with DLC achievements.
    edited September 2012
    Jamination2;4869274 said:
    If the game was a full stand-alone game then you would not need to pay for this extra content in order to unlock all the achievements.

there's the thing.if you look at the achievements that don't need any DLC, then you'll see that totals up to 400GS worth of achievements like any other XBLA game.

all the DLC achievements are added on top of that, just like some other games get more achievements when they add DLC.

in this case, the dlc was already there, so the achievements could already be added.
  • Cipher_PeonCipher_Peon I don't get it at all
    edited September 2012
    Those achievements are extra DLC achievements, btw.
    Like when you download a map pack that comes with them, it's the same concept.
  • RockBandAideRockBandAide Opening Act
    edited September 2012
    Jamination2;4869274 said:
    I can't include everything in the review.
    Then what's the point of calling it a review if you can't include everything?
    edited September 2012
    the fun thing here is. if those achievements would've been added with the first new DLC after the game came out, then people would've been happy that they got extra achievements
  • Jamination2Jamination2 Unsigned
    edited September 2012
    Wow I don't really know what to say. I was completely wrong here with the whole achievement thing. Thanks for giving good feedback guys, I will get the chief editor to change the review.
  • BachiGBachiG Inconceivable...
    edited September 2012
    Also, the coin system has changed to be a little more "friendly". ...maybe a mention aboout how HMX is always requesting fan feedback to make the game "better" and actually doing so (or being able to do so) on the fly is pretty cool.
    edited September 2012
    i wish every reviewer would post their review here first, seems to work out a lot better for HMX :p
  • Cipher_PeonCipher_Peon I don't get it at all
    edited September 2012
    I like knowing which reviewers are stupid.

I don't like many reviewers.