PS3: Missing almost HALF of Trophies for Blitz?

MurphyRockMurphyRock Rising Star
edited September 2012 in Rock Band Blitz
I noticed people talking here about the "Loyal Fan", "Music Historian", and "Party At Your Place" achievements, and I realized something: I'm missing a huge number of achievable trophies for Rock Band Blitz.

Online guides for Rock Band Blitz Trophies list the following 32 trophies/achievements. But on my copy of Blitz, I seem to only have the highlighted/starred 18 available (I've earned 17 of them; I'm still working on the "Precious Medal" trophy). What's the deal? Did my copy of Blitz install the trophies badly, or are they just missing on the PS3 version for some stupid reason?

1. All the Rage — Cleared 25 notes with Road Rage in a single song.
* 2. Big Spender — Spent 10,000 coins.
* 3. Blitz and Giggles — Stayed in Blitz Mode for at least 30 seconds in a single song.
* 4. Blitzed Out — Played every song included with Rock Band Blitz.
* 5. Calibrate Good Times — Calibrated your system for the optimal Rock Band Blitz experience.
6. Consummate Collector — Played at least 150 unique songs.
7. Decade Decadence — Played at least 50 unique songs from the same decade.
8. Extra Credit — Got your Blitz Cred up to at least 10,000.
9. Genre Diehard — Played at least 50 unique songs in the same genre.
10. Get Back Here — Caught 5 Runaway Notes in a single song.
* 11. Good as Gold — Earned Gold stars on a song.
12. Greatest Hits — Played at least 50 unique songs.
13. Having a Blast — Cleared 10 notes with a single Blast Note.
14. High Roller — Earned at least 10,000 points with a single use of Jackpot.
15. Incredible — Got your Blitz Cred up to at least 1,000.
16. Loyal Fan — Played at least 10 unique songs by the same artist.
* 17. More Power to You — Unlocked every Power-up in Rock Band Blitz.
18. Music Historian — Played a song from every decade since the ’50s.
* 19. Never Better — Replayed a song and beat your previous high score.
20. Party at Your Place — Played at least 300 unique songs. Harmonix thanks you!
* 21. Perfect Finish — Finished a song with all tracks at the Level Cap.
* 22. Pinball Whiz — Kept the Pinball in play for at least 20 seconds.
* 23. Precious Medal — Earned Gold stars on every song included with Rock Band Blitz.
* 24. Pyromaniac — Played a chain of 10 Flame Notes.
* 25. Rocket Scientist — Cleared 20 notes with a single Bottle Rocket.
* 26. Self-Taught — Completed both Tutorials.
27. Shock and Awesome — Earned at least 10,000 points with a single use of Shockwave.
* 28. Shredder — Played 100% of the notes in a Guitar solo.
* 29. Stellar Performance — Earned 5 stars on every song included with Rock Band Blitz.
* 30. That Dozen Count — Played 12 of the songs included with Rock Band Blitz.
* 31. This Means War — Challenged someone to a Score War.
* 32. Three for the Taking — Increased the Level Cap by 3X at 3 Checkpoints in a single song.

Comments

  • lostprophet182lostprophet182 Unsigned
    edited September 2012
    I also only have the 18 trophies available, i'm guessing it's to do with only getting a certain number of trophies for PSN games.

    But some clarification would be good.
  • jibjqrkljibjqrkl Eventually Perceptive
    edited September 2012
    simple answer: blame Sony

    playstation version has less achievements/trophies than the xbox for certain reasons that i don't really remember. but i'm sure will be told to you in the next 5 posts
  • LunaticSoulLunaticSoul Rising Star
    edited September 2012
    Weird, just when I started thinking that for once we PS3 users were treated as equal. Make it 4 dudethatopenedthefaqthreadwithaweirdnickname, want to know why.
  • TubaDude49TubaDude49 Road Warrior
    edited September 2012
    PSN doesn't have DLC trophies in the base list, which is also why some of the RB3 achievements are only goals on PS3
  • SirDavidTLynchSirDavidTLynch Headliner
    edited September 2012
    Microsoft doubled the Achievements for XBLA games a few months ago, so Sony probably hasn't caught up with that.
  • jibjqrkljibjqrkl Eventually Perceptive
    edited September 2012
    SirDavidTLynch;4869498 said:
    Microsoft doubled the Achievements for XBLA games a few months ago, so Sony probably hasn't caught up with that.

    they doubled the amount of gamerscore you can get, doesn't affect the number of achievements because technically an arcade game could have 400 achievements worth 1GS (could actually have more, since some games have achievements worth 0 )


    The orange box for example has 99 achievements. yet it still totals to 1000GS
  • Alpha2Alpha2 Opening Act
    edited September 2012
    Sony attributes Downloadable games with a certain number of points that the developer can spread between each trophy, the score attached to the trophy determins how your PSN level increases. so Sony would have to increase the alloted number of points per trophy for HMX to spread it out among more of them. Sony occasionally has a couple more trophies than MS in on-disc games because their point totals are different for full retail games, when MS raised their downloadable game point limit it created more room to add acheivments.
  • FairwoodStudiosFairwoodStudios Road Warrior
    edited September 2012
    jibjqrkl;4869546 said:
    The orange box for example has 99 achievements. yet it still totals to 1000GS

    If I remember right, discs can do whatever they want as long as they add up to 1000, but Arcade games had restrictions on quantity. For some reason I want to say there was, at one point, a limit of 12 achievements for 200GS total. Obviously that's changed by now, but I believe there have been rules about quantity.
  • Epsilon82Epsilon82 Opening Act
    edited September 2012
    As a self-styled trophy/achievement whore, I admit I was super disappointed by this, but it's obviously out of Harmonix's hands. It makes sense that if they had to cut some trophies, they would start with the ones that require a lot of extra DLC to avoid people complaining. For me, my library is large and diverse enough that I would have gotten all of those ones by accident eventually anyway.
  • MurphyRockMurphyRock Rising Star
    edited September 2012
    I'm totally willing to believe this is Sony's fault - note that I did say "stupid reason".

    Let's get someone from Harmonix in this thread to say it, though. Sony's method of deciding which games get platinum trophies (usually all retail games, but also some downloadable games), which games get DLC trophies (you know, the trophies with a + on them) and which downloadable full games only get a limited set of trophies seems to be completely schizophrenic. It seems to be related to price of the game, but only vaguely.

    I understand why Blitz might not be allowed a platinum - hey, it's only a $15 game, I get it, Sony doesn't want their "trophy economy" ruined or whatever. Still, it's hard to believe that Blitz wouldn't be allowed to add those DLC trophies - the Rock Band series has got to be the biggest pusher of DLC that exists on PSN! Did Harmonix even attempt to "apply for" (whatever the process is) DLC trophies for Blitz?
  • Alpha2Alpha2 Opening Act
    edited September 2012
    Looking at a list of PSN downloadable titles the majority of them are games that are offer on disc as well as downloadable if not in North America than in other other regions where the trophy counts would normally be the same. The few that are not seem to due to either an episodic nature where multiple installments might eventually add up to what would be considered a full retail game, a couple of them might be due to just not having enough trophy entries to spread the points to which allowed them to just pour the excess points into a platinum(this is complete conjecture here at the end though, I haven't explored the list in super through detail).

    Regardless I'm pretty sure Sony's trophy strategy was designed to put less emphasis on individual points and more on the trophy gain otherwise they'd just use the same point totals as MS.
  • SheSaidSheSaidSheSaidSheSaid Washed Up
    edited September 2012
    MurphyRock;4871333 said:
    Sony's method of deciding which games get platinum trophies (usually all retail games, but also some downloadable games), which games get DLC trophies (you know, the trophies with a + on them) and which downloadable full games only get a limited set of trophies seems to be completely schizophrenic.

    The only downloadable games that have platinum trophies are the downloadable versions of full retail games. For instance, I downloaded LA Noire from the PSN Store. It has a platinum trophy (which by the way I have :D ). I also downloaded I Am Alive, Hydrophobia Prophecy, and Revenge of the Wounded Dragons. All have trophies, but none have platinums, because they're not full retail games. I have 100 percent of the trophies from I Am Alive, but that's it -- 100 percent, no platinum.

    This is always how it will be in terms of what does and doesn't get a platinum trophy. The very first few PS3 retail games didn't have trophies at all (the original Assassin's Creed is a notable example) but for everything else, retail releases have platinums (and about 3 times as many trophies anyway), while lower-dollar download titles like Blitz don't.

    As far as the trophies with a + next to them, those are usually only included when you download the DLC that relates to them (I say usually because I had the trophies that related to Prince of Persia, another full retail title I have downloaded, before I downloaded the Epilogue DLC). Rock Band cannot easily be compared to other games in terms of DLC offerings. Other games will have an extra map or maybe another chapter for the story mode offered as DLC, and there will be trophies tied to it. It clearly doesn't work that way with a library of over 2,500 songs (and growing).

    I'm not sure why you frame it as 'fault,' but yeah, this is definitely Sony's decision.
  • GNFfhqwhgadsGNFfhqwhgads 99% Washed Up
    edited September 2012
    FairwoodStudios;4870864 said:
    If I remember right, discs can do whatever they want as long as they add up to 1000, but Arcade games had restrictions on quantity. For some reason I want to say there was, at one point, a limit of 12 achievements for 200GS total. Obviously that's changed by now, but I believe there have been rules about quantity.
    Actually, the first Condemned game had only 960G or 980G. One of the two. It was a launch title, if I remember right, but yeah, rules were hard.

    Discs needed a limit of 50 Achievements at one point, The Orange Box broke that.

    They also said you could only add 50G to Arcade games, that has now doubled along with the base.

    Halo 3 started the '250G more per quarter the game has been out' rule, Gears 3 broke that and hit 2000G pretty fast.
  • TubaDude49TubaDude49 Road Warrior
    edited September 2012
    SheSaidSheSaid;4871392 said:
    The only downloadable games that have platinum trophies are the downloadable versions of full retail games.

    Wipeout HD
  • Epsilon82Epsilon82 Opening Act
    edited September 2012
    SheSaidSheSaid;4871392 said:

    This is always how it will be in terms of what does and doesn't get a platinum trophy. The very first few PS3 retail games didn't have trophies at all (the original Assassin's Creed is a notable example) but for everything else, retail releases have platinums (and about 3 times as many trophies anyway), while lower-dollar download titles like Blitz don't.

    I'm not sure why you frame it as 'fault,' but yeah, this is definitely Sony's decision.
    Not that this is really important, but it was more than just a "very few early titles" that didn't have trophies. Trophies weren't required to be implemented until 2009, and the system launched in 2006. Trophies didn't appear regularly in PS3 games until late 2008. Metal Gear Solid 4, for instance, came out almost 2 years after the system launched and only very recently had trophies patched in.
  • MurphyRockMurphyRock Rising Star
    edited September 2012
    SheSaidSheSaid;4871392 said:
    The only downloadable games that have platinum trophies are the downloadable versions of full retail games.
    Uh, no. Off the top of my head, Trine, Trine 2, Worms 2: Armageddon, Free Realms (FREE!), Crysis, Arcana Heart 3, Dungeon Defenders.... and googling it, there is quite a long list. It doesn't seem to have anything to do with cost, but it might have something to do with the depth of the game. See http://community.eu.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-Trophy-Hoarders/List-Of-Downloadable-PSN-Games-With-Trophies/td-p/14609005

    Also, I acknowledge that this is a game that probably did not need a platinum trophy. However, it is missing a LOT of DLC-specific trophies as well.
    SheSaidSheSaid;4871392 said:

    As far as the trophies with a + next to them, those are usually only included when you download the DLC that relates to them (I say usually because I had the trophies that related to Prince of Persia, another full retail title I have downloaded, before I downloaded the Epilogue DLC). Rock Band cannot easily be compared to other games in terms of DLC offerings. Other games will have an extra map or maybe another chapter for the story mode offered as DLC, and there will be trophies tied to it. It clearly doesn't work that way with a library of over 2,500 songs (and growing).
    Hm, again I would disagree. Several trophies in the Xbox360 list but not in PS3's list require DLC to be downloaded, and quite a lot of it:

    Consummate Collector
    Decade Decadence
    Genre Diehard
    Greatest Hits
    Loyal Fan
    Music Historian
    Party at Your Place

    Since all of the above trophies cannot be completed without additional DLC, it seems to me that they definitely could have been legally added as DLC trophies in PS3 Blitz.

    If the decision to not add DLC trophies to PS3 Blitz truly was Sony's decision, and not Harmonix's, then I'd just like to hear that from someone from Harmonix - that's all I'm asking.
  • SheSaidSheSaidSheSaidSheSaid Washed Up
    edited September 2012
    Yeah, I guess there's a couple strictly download titles with plats. Although Free Realms is only free to try out and get to a certain level. You can't get any trophies unless you buy it.
    MurphyRock;4873151 said:
    Hm, again I would disagree. Several trophies in the Xbox360 list but not in PS3's list require DLC to be downloaded, and quite a lot of it:

    Consummate Collector
    Decade Decadence
    Genre Diehard
    Greatest Hits
    Loyal Fan
    Music Historian
    Party at Your Place

    Since all of the above trophies cannot be completed without additional DLC, it seems to me that they definitely could have been legally added as DLC trophies in PS3 Blitz.

    You missed my point a little. Let's take Assassin's Creed Brotherhood for example (what can I say, I love the series). When you download The Da Vinci Disappearance DLC, with it come new trophies, not only for completing that DLC itself but also for things like assassinating guards from a parachute and other tricks that can be accomplished in free run. Those trophies are tied to the DLC.

    Rock Band has over 2,500 pieces of DLC. Onto which ones should the DLC-related Blitz achievements go? The Weezer songs, the Red Hot Chili Peppers songs, the Boston songs? There's functionally endless possibilities, which I'm sure means there'd be massive technical hurdles, too.

    Of course the other option is just to include them with the game from the outset. MS decided to do that. Sony didn't. So yeah. Blame Sony :p
    MurphyRock;4873151 said:
    If the decision to not add DLC trophies to PS3 Blitz truly was Sony's decision, and not Harmonix's, then I'd just like to hear that from someone from Harmonix - that's all I'm asking.
    That may not be as simple a request as you frame it to be. It's possible the lawyers will eat them if they talk about anything like that.
  • MurphyRockMurphyRock Rising Star
    edited September 2012
    SheSaidSheSaid;4873216 said:
    Those trophies are tied to the DLC.

    Rock Band has over 2,500 pieces of DLC. Onto which ones should the DLC-related Blitz achievements go?
    Again, I have to disagree with you: I don't think DLC trophies are tied to specific pieces of DLC, but to the main game. Here is my reasoning: I own Bioshock, but no Bioshock-related DLC. I see all the DLC trophies for the game in my list (unearned, of course), but I cannot earn them because I have not downloaded the DLC. I have a similar situation with Burnout: Paradise. So it is my opinion that the trophies are installed by and connected to the main game, not to specific pieces of DLC.

    As for Sony's lawyers eating HMX employees: They do have some nasty lawyer/shark hybrids in their employ, and I personally would not want to run afoul of them. Harmonix dudes, please signal covertly if you are being held hostage by Sony's lawyers, and the forum members will undertake a rescue mission to Boston a la Rambo or Iron Eagle.
  • SheSaidSheSaidSheSaidSheSaid Washed Up
    edited September 2012
    MurphyRock;4873269 said:
    Again, I have to disagree with you: I don't think DLC trophies are tied to specific pieces of DLC, but to the main game. Here is my reasoning: I own Bioshock, but no Bioshock-related DLC. I see all the DLC trophies for the game in my list (unearned, of course), but I cannot earn them because I have not downloaded the DLC. I have a similar situation with Burnout: Paradise. So it is my opinion that the trophies are installed by and connected to the main game, not to specific pieces of DLC.
    Hmm. But for the one example with the downloaded Prince of Persia, that has not been my experience. Odd.
    MurphyRock;4873269 said:
    As for Sony's lawyers eating HMX employees: They do have some nasty lawyer/shark hybrids in their employ, and I personally would not want to run afoul of them. Harmonix dudes, please signal covertly if you are being held hostage by Sony's lawyers, and the forum members will undertake a rescue mission to Boston a la Rambo or Iron Eagle.

    Where's my bandolier... :p
  • ricecakericecake Road Warrior
    edited September 2012
    SheSaidSheSaid;4873292 said:
    Hmm. But for the one example with the downloaded Prince of Persia, that has not been my experience. Odd.
    I have to agree with MurphyRock. I rent games from GameFly, and I have a policy of not downloading DLC for games that I don't own. However, some games (for example, Alice: Madness Returns) display the DLC trophies (I have the Platinum, but I think it's only listed as like 84% complete due to the DLC trophies). Similar situation with Wipeout HD; I do not have the Fury (or whatever it's called) DLC, but the trophies for it still show up.
  • edited September 2012
    MurphyRock;4873269 said:
    As for Sony's lawyers eating HMX employees: They do have some nasty lawyer/shark hybrids in their employ, and I personally would not want to run afoul of them. Harmonix dudes, please signal covertly if you are being held hostage by Sony's lawyers, and the forum members will undertake a rescue mission to Boston a la Rambo or Iron Eagle.

    *blinks twice*
  • MurphyRockMurphyRock Rising Star
    edited September 2012
    hmxhenry;4875632 said:
    *blinks twice*

    Good enough for me.

    (Cut to Lock And Load Montage....)
  • TubaDude49TubaDude49 Road Warrior
    edited September 2012
    ricecake;4875600 said:
    Similar situation with Wipeout HD; I do not have the Fury (or whatever it's called) DLC, but the trophies for it still show up.

    You should get Fury. There is so much awesome content packed into that $10 package.
  • zegsigmazegsigma Opening Act
    edited September 2012
    its pretty bad that the PSN has less trophies, i think each system should have the same if it is for the same game, i am not really bothered with torphies as it goes but i do love having something to work towards, i think there should be a lot more like there was in rock band 3 where there was hundreds of them and that was fantastic to play towards insted of the facebook goals where it just says to play a load of songs of one band or genre. there should be some like hit 100,000 notes or something.

    having them as goals and trophies would be good but i do think that the trophies that are available for XBL should be available for PSN and i cant understand why they aint available.
Sign In or Register to comment.