My new rock demo, check it out!

valentinbkvalentinbk Unsigned
edited January 2013 in History of Rock
Hey guys, wanted to share with you my latest creation - a new rock demo I been working on this week. I wrote and recorded all the instruments on this one (except for the drums that are just programmed), obviously a pretty long guitar solo is included. Id love to hear your feedback for this one.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uGUp1s8fJrI

Cheers!

Comments

• jawillroyjawillroy Rising Star
    edited September 2012
    Good playing: I like your fills on the bass. A little soloing goes a LONG way with me - I'll take a solid rhythm guitarist over a shredder any day - but good technique on one will serve you well with the other.

It sounds like the groundwork for a song: A starting point, rather than an end. You ought to explore melodies that can work with those chords, and maybe see what you can find in the way of words. (Be prepared to re-record everything! Once you've got verses and choruses, you'll find yourself wanting to restructure the song!)

A caution: whenever I start with riffage, like this, I almost NEVER finish the song. On the other hand, if I start with at least one verse and a chorus, I almost ALWAYS finish the song - in, like, a day.

ON the other hand, going through the grind of recording out ideas that I eventually abandon is probably important practice and groundwork for the songs that I complete. So nothing's really wasted, as long as you're working.

Don't stop!
  • valentinbkvalentinbk Unsigned
    edited January 2013
    jawillroy;4869521 said:
    Good playing: I like your fills on the bass. A little soloing goes a LONG way with me - I'll take a solid rhythm guitarist over a shredder any day - but good technique on one will serve you well with the other.

It sounds like the groundwork for a song: A starting point, rather than an end. You ought to explore melodies that can work with those chords, and maybe see what you can find in the way of words. (Be prepared to re-record everything! Once you've got verses and choruses, you'll find yourself wanting to restructure the song!)

A caution: whenever I start with riffage, like this, I almost NEVER finish the song. On the other hand, if I start with at least one verse and a chorus, I almost ALWAYS finish the song - in, like, a day.

ON the other hand, going through the grind of recording out ideas that I eventually abandon is probably important practice and groundwork for the songs that I complete. So nothing's really wasted, as long as you're working.

Don't stop!
    This comment came with a couple of months delay - rock band forum just wouldnt let me post anything for some reason (not banned or something- just not letting me post because Im not from the US, go figure..).
    Im really glad you liked the bass line, Im always really excited about my bass lines and my bass line on the chorus\solo riff is what I feel one of my best bass lines..
    I have a friend who wrote pretty awesome vocal lines for my demo, which is great, because I suck at writing lyrics and vocal lines.
    I know I will have to re-record everything, but its cool because when that happens I will probably be recording this for a cd or something ;) .
    Anyways thanks for your comment, man! Glad you liked it!