Question about Creator's Club

drfsupercenterdrfsupercenter Unsigned
edited September 2012 in The Rock Band Network
Hey there,

I was just curious, what all would I get for signing up to the XNA creator's club? Is it just the ability to beta-test RBN songs before they're officially released? Or can I make my own stuff?

I'm thinking of signing up but wanted to be sure I knew what I was paying for :cool:

Comments

• FairwoodStudiosFairwoodStudios Road Warrior
    edited September 2012
    drfsupercenter;4870012 said:
    Hey there,

I was just curious, what all would I get for signing up to the XNA creator's club? Is it just the ability to beta-test RBN songs before they're officially released? Or can I make my own stuff?

I'm thinking of signing up but wanted to be sure I knew what I was paying for :cool:

Having a paid XNA account allows you to playtest and peer review upcoming RBN tracks, as well as upload your own music for playtest/review/release consideration.

You need a 'premium' XNA account to use Audition Mode; this can include the free student-level XNA accounts available to certain schools.

I believe a free Creators Club account will let you access Magma, so you can compile tracks, but I'm not certain.

You don't need any account at all to do the actual authoring; that's all done in Reaper or your other preferred workstation.

An XNA account also lets you into the Indie Games pipeline, where you can do all the same reviewing and submission of full-fledged games if you're of that persuasion.

Right now, though, the whole account setup system has been a bit broken. So if you are considering joining the Creators Club and submitting your music (and I hope you do!), I'd suggest just getting familiar with the authoring process for right now, try to make some headway there. Then, when HMXLachesis gives the all-clear for account setup, you can decide if you're ready to purchase an account and hop on board.
  • DeferredGalaxy3DeferredGalaxy3 Rising Star
    edited September 2012
    FairwoodStudios;4870021 said:
    I believe a free Creators Club account will let you access Magma, so you can compile tracks, but I'm not certain.
    If you log in to creators without an XNA, you get the REAPER tools, MAGMA, and the REAPER RBN plugins.
  • drfsupercenterdrfsupercenter Unsigned
    edited September 2012
    Ah, OK.

I knew that Reaper was the official DAW of Rock Band, I just didn't know how to actually audition the songs.

I've seen other people's demos on YouTube that offered downloads of the "audition" song, but of course didn't have any clue how to actually use it on my system.

I may be able to get a free XNA account through my school, I need to check on that ;)
  • ASPKevASPKev Opening Act
    edited September 2012
    Last I heard, Dreamspark accounts (the free ones Uni's and schools give out) aren't compatible with the RBN Creators site. You'll need an actual XNA Subscription.
  • tehnewnewtehnewnew Unsigned
    edited September 2012
    Is there any point in signing up for an XNA account until they fix the account linking? I signed up for everything except the XNA account with the hope of starting work on getting some local bands songs into Rockband, but now I'm not so sure.

It looks like account linking has been broken for about 6 months, so I'm definitely hesitant to sign up for an account that's $100 a year.
  • ThatAuthoringGroupThatAuthoringGroup Numero Uno Super **** Fanboy #1
    edited September 2012
    Without the account linking you won't be able to download, upload or test/review any of the songs on creators.

You can use audition mode, but without access to the creators to download the songs to test (or upload your own songs for testing), it's pretty much a moot point.

So yeah. Hopefully it gets fixed soon.
  • tehnewnewtehnewnew Unsigned
    edited September 2012
    thanks, I really appreciate the info.