Blitz cred: What is it and how does it improve my experience?

Alpha2Alpha2 Opening Act
edited September 2012 in Rock Band Blitz
I've tried looking through the forums for this but I can't seem to quite figure it out. I know you get some after each song on top of coins and score but I dont quite understand what it is. You can't spend it, it doesnt seem to be tied to the coins so it cant be traded for power ups, it just seems like it's a secondary score which doesnt really explain why it's there when RBW keeps a record of your overall point total. (the only guess that seems reasonable to me is that maybe it's how many points you collect in blitz mode over all? but again that still seems kinda pointless, for lack of a better word.)

Can anyone explain to me what it's purpose is?

Comments

• bigmfbigmf Tiny Hulk Smash!
    edited September 2012
    cred/krəd/Noun: 1.A substance that is disgusting or unpleasant, typically because of its dirtiness.
    2.Nonsense.

Hmm, the dictionary doesn't help at all.
  • Epsilon82Epsilon82 Opening Act
    edited September 2012
    It's simply a separate score mechanic (similar in some ways to Fans in RB3) that always goes up. Its chief purpose is to provide a numeric means to unlock the various powerups. Once that's done, it's just a big number that shows how much Blitz you play.
  • jibjqrkljibjqrkl Eventually Perceptive
    edited September 2012
    the blitz creds are what you need to first unlock the powerups.

and that's pretty much it >_>
  • MunnchyMunnchy Road Warrior
    edited September 2012
    Can you compare blitz cred with other people on rock band world? Maybe some kind of leader board?
    edited September 2012
    It doesn't seem like it. It seems like the only "meta" leaderboard available, as far as I could tell, although I didn't really look that hard, is the "overall score" leaderboard, which just sums up all of your highest scores on every song you've played. It doesn't even seem to have a "Career Score" leaderboard which would just sum the scores of the songs that come with the game, which is the only one that could actually identify comparative skill.

The Cred leaderboard would essentially just show a list of people who play the game the most, while the Career Score leaderboard they have is a combination of that and how much money you've spent. If they're only going to have one, I guess it makes sense to have the one that could compel people to spend more money. ;-)
  • HMXmattitudeHMXmattitude Harmonix Developer
    edited September 2012
    Munnchy;4870902 said:
    Can you compare blitz cred with other people on rock band world? Maybe some kind of leader board?

Yep. Your cred does feed into a leaderboard of sorts on the front page of Rock Band World. You can see your cred and the cred of your friends using the app.

Without it, I wouldn't be able to see that I do, in fact, have the most cred of all of my friends. Which is true in more ways than one HOOOOOOOO
  • MunnchyMunnchy Road Warrior
    edited September 2012
    HMXmattitude;4870983 said:
    Yep. Your cred does feed into a leaderboard of sorts on the front page of Rock Band World. You can see your cred and the cred of your friends using the app.

Without it, I wouldn't be able to see that I do, in fact, have the most cred of all of my friends. Which is true in more ways than one HOOOOOOOO
    OH NO HE DIDN'T!

But thanks for clarifying that :D
  • SheSaidSheSaidSheSaidSheSaid Washed Up
    edited September 2012
    What about instrument and genre cred? Do they mean.....anything at all?
  • edited September 2012
    Am I really the first person to say this?

Cred is a new multiplier that works in conjunction with Awesomeness Detection to form the newest super secret stat... CAD.

Any more details and the black helicopters will show up...
  • EhfahqEhfahq Headliner
    edited September 2012
    Doc_SoCal;4871039 said:
    Am I really the first person to say this?

Cred is a new multiplier that works in conjunction with Awesomeness Detection to form the newest super secret stat... CAD.

Any more details and the black helicopters will show up...

There is also a secret setting that does this all for you with out any effort. It's called AutoCAD.
  • edited September 2012
    Ehfahq;4871043 said:
    There is also a secret setting that does this all for you with out any effort. It's called AutoCAD.

/code red, code red

SWARM - SWARM - SWARM!

;)
  • lotr rocks 0lotr rocks 0 Road Warrior
    edited September 2012
    Does anyone know if the genre cred scores that are kept by the game have any effect on the songs that Blitz recommends you to play/buy? That's one practical use I can see for it. As for total cred and instrument cred? I have no clue.
  • Alpha2Alpha2 Opening Act
    edited September 2012
    Wow so then if Blitz cred was only used for the unlocks It was useless for a lot of people after the first day! It'd be nice if it were some sort of over all modifier maybe for some other stat like you'd get suggestions to challenge people with similar cred levels or maybe for granting special bonuses when you hit certain milestones.
  • EhfahqEhfahq Headliner
    edited September 2012
    Alpha2;4871088 said:
    Wow so then if Blitz cred was only used for the unlocks It was useless for a lot of people after the first day! It'd be nice if it were some sort of over all modifier maybe for some other stat like you'd get suggestions to challenge people with similar cred levels or maybe for granting special bonuses when you hit certain milestones.
    I actually l like how it keeps on adding up. I can just imagine what it will be in a year.
  • nytemunkeynytemunkey Unsigned
    edited September 2012
    Better question: Blitz Cred, how do I exploit it to further my personal agenda?
  • NekketsuNekketsu Opening Act
    edited September 2012
    I like how the cred keeps adding up. It's like fans in RB2, always nice to have a constantly increasing number to show the illusion of overall progress.
  • sieesiee Road Warrior
    edited September 2012
    It doesn't improve your experience at all, just a bragging stat to show how little of a life you have. ;)
  • WitticusWitticus VERY DEEP
    edited September 2012
    Blitz cred improves your vitality and vigor! Your marriage cant survive without it.
    edited September 2012
    Nekketsu;4871457 said:
    I like how the cred keeps adding up. It's like fans in RB2, always nice to have a constantly increasing number to show the illusion of overall progress.

Agreed. That was one thing that bugged me about RB3...once I had gotten all of the goals I could reasonably get, my fans just stayed static even though I played hundreds of hours after that point. I like having at least some sort of acknowledgment of all that play.

I still think it's odd that there's no cred leaderboard, or even a RB Blitz soundtrack leaderboard, but I guess I shouldn't complain...I have more than enough songs to get pretty high the way it is now. :-)