Rock Band World Update!

edited September 2012 in Rock Band Blitz
Hey gang,

We just deployed a new, AWESOME, update to RB World!

Firstly, we've added a cool new feature to Score Wars. Currently, for 20 coins (because of Nord's magnanimity, we may UP the cost.) you can pay to see your Score War opponent's power-up loadout for 20 seconds. This is a BIG DEAL. Nord's already griefing me about it.

Secondly, we've added the ability to leave goals. If, like me, you accidentally started the Grohl Goal all by yourself and would rather join friends, you can now quit any goals you have started, then jump back in with friends.

Related to that last one, we've fixed a bug where your friends weren't all showing up as Join-able when you click on a goal to join. Now they should be there!

Go forth and prosper. Wage all of the Score Wars.

Comments

  • bigmfbigmf Tiny Hulk Smash!
    edited September 2012
    Joining goals now works for me as well.
  • www1221www1221 StackOverflowError
    edited September 2012
    I CANT TEST THE GOAL STUFF BECAUSE IM DONE WITH ALL THE GOALS!

    Nice update for the score war though Im 99% sure who ever im playing is using Road Rage/Blast notes :p
  • Chemical PhoenixChemical Phoenix Road Warrior
    edited September 2012
    The Leave Goal button doesn't seem to do anything.
  • edited September 2012
    Chemical Phoenix;4870938 said:
    The Leave Goal button doesn't seem to do anything.
    what Browser are you using?
  • hodayathinkhodayathink Opening Act
    edited September 2012
    I just checked the Come Fly with Me goal, and it's now giving me hints to some of the songs ("Right artist, wrong song" and "Try a different song released in whatever year"). Is that new, or was it always doing that and I just wasn't paying attention?
  • Chemical PhoenixChemical Phoenix Road Warrior
    edited September 2012
    Google Chrome, fully updated.
  • FairwoodStudiosFairwoodStudios Road Warrior
    edited September 2012
    hodayathink;4870944 said:
    I just checked the Come Fly with Me goal, and it's now giving me hints to some of the songs ("Right artist, wrong song" and "Try a different song released in whatever year"). Is that new, or was it always doing that and I just wasn't paying attention?

    That was always there.
  • edited September 2012
    Chemical Phoenix;4870946 said:
    Google Chrome, fully updated.

    Mac or PC? I'm using Chrome on PC and when I click the LEAVE GOAL button it changes and says "Are you sure you want to leave this goal?" then gives an option to LEAVE or CANCEL. Is yours just doing nothing at all when you click LEAVE GOAL? Have you tried leaving the app and reloading it?
  • bigmfbigmf Tiny Hulk Smash!
    edited September 2012
    I started then left the All American Rejects goal, so it works for me. I want to start that one when I'm at home. Get the 25 stars then either buy a song or ask for help.
  • Chemical PhoenixChemical Phoenix Road Warrior
    edited September 2012
    HMXPope;4870954 said:
    Mac or PC? I'm using Chrome on PC and when I click the LEAVE GOAL button it changes and says "Are you sure you want to leave this goal?" then gives an option to LEAVE or CANCEL. Is yours just doing nothing at all when you click LEAVE GOAL? Have you tried leaving the app and reloading it?

    PC. I logged out of Facebook entirely and it won't react. When I tried it on Firefox it worked just fine.
  • HMXmattitudeHMXmattitude Harmonix Developer
    edited September 2012
    There seems to be some browser+platform oddities. The Leave and Peek buttons didn't work for me in Safari for Mac, but worked fine in Chrome for Mac.

    Still, with a little finagling, t'works.
  • edited September 2012
    HMXmattitude;4870965 said:
    There seems to be some browser+platform oddities. The Leave and Peek buttons didn't work for me in Safari for Mac, but worked fine in Chrome for Mac.

    Still, with a little finagling, t'works.

    Yeah, Safari seems to be the most problematic at the moment.
  • HMXmattitudeHMXmattitude Harmonix Developer
    edited September 2012
    hmxpope;4870972 said:
    yeah, safari seems to be the most problematic at the moment.

    that's what she said
  • edited September 2012
    A few notes from me:

    The score war screen on the app is telling me that I have 0 won, 0 lost, 0 active. I actually lost quite a few and currently have at least 2 active.

    When I went to start a score war with a friend, the little symbol that shows what songs he has wasn't showing up for anything.

    After I started the war with a song I know he does have, the little message told me that the winner will get 750 coins. Didn't you guys double it?

    After the war was started it still wont say I have an active one.

    I'm using my Kindle Fire (I don't have a PC), I haven't had a problem with the app yet.
  • www1221www1221 StackOverflowError
    edited September 2012
    MagicMurderBag7;4870996 said:
    I'm using my Kindle Fire (I don't have a PC), I haven't had a problem with the app yet.

    Wait what? Like no PC at all ever? I knew you used your kindle but I didnt know it was all the time :O
  • edited September 2012
    www1221;4870997 said:
    Wait what? Like no PC at all ever? I knew you used your kindle but I didnt know it was all the time :O

    Yup. I've gotten pretty good at typing with a touch screen.
  • MagnetMagnet Moderator
    edited September 2012
    I'm not a fan of the idea of effectively removing the strategy element from Score Wars for those who use the Facebook app. I currently have enough coins to see my opponent's power-ups 6,906 times.

    What load-out does the site display for the Score War? Opponent's first attempt? Opponent's most recent attempt? Opponent's highest attempt?
  • edited September 2012
    MagicMurderBag7;4870996 said:
    A few notes from me:

    The score war screen on the app is telling me that I have 0 won, 0 lost, 0 active. I actually lost quite a few and currently have at least 2 active.

    When I went to start a score war with a friend, the little symbol that shows what songs he has wasn't showing up for anything.

    After I started the war with a song I know he does have, the little message told me that the winner will get 750 coins. Didn't you guys double it?

    After the war was started it still wont say I have an active one.

    I'm using my Kindle Fire (I don't have a PC), I haven't had a problem with the app yet.

    Hey dude can you email [email]support@harmonixmusic.com[/email] with your specifics (be sure to include gamertag) and we'll dig into this. You're not the first person to report this weird behavior today... We're not sure what the deal is yet, but are looking into it.

    As for Score Wars, yes, we forgot to update that text to show it at 1500 instead of 750!
  • bigmfbigmf Tiny Hulk Smash!
    edited September 2012
    Oh by the way, I like it when Mr. Pope calls us a gang. It makes me feel tough.
  • edited September 2012
    Alright I sent the email. I hope I included enough info.
  • www1221www1221 StackOverflowError
    edited September 2012
    I say we name our gang The Sharks
  • jibjqrkljibjqrkl Eventually Perceptive
    edited September 2012
    www1221;4871028 said:
    I say we name our gang The Sharks

    with lasers!
  • Meat-PopsicleMeat-Popsicle Road Warrior
    edited September 2012
    Wait a minute, I'm with the Jets ... sounds like there's going to be a rumble tonight
  • BlasteroidsBlasteroids Road Warrior
    edited September 2012
    Does the Facebook app show the score wars which were started in-game?
    If so, does this mean those with Facebook can now see what power-ups were used?
    If so, I might aswell quit playing Score Wars and only put Blitz on if the kids want to mess about. It will mean that not only is Score Wars poorly implemented without Facebook, it will mean you have a terrible diss-advantage also! :(
  • edited September 2012
    Magnet;4871016 said:
    I'm not a fan of the idea of effectively removing the strategy element from Score Wars for those who use the Facebook app. I currently have enough coins to see my opponent's power-ups 6,906 times.

    What load-out does the site display for the Score War? Opponent's first attempt? Opponent's most recent attempt? Opponent's highest attempt?
    I am inclined to concur with this sentiment.

    MAYBE let em pay 20 AFTER they lose to see the load out.
  • HMXMister_GameHMXMister_Game Harmonix Developer
    edited September 2012
    Magnet;4871016 said:
    What load-out does the site display for the Score War? Opponent's first attempt? Opponent's most recent attempt? Opponent's highest attempt?

    It displays the loadout used on the score posted, and thus it always relates to their highest score.
  • TheRealCrunchewyTheRealCrunchewy Unsigned
    edited September 2012
    Any chance of getting the Rock Band World app to work right in Safari? I'm using the latest Safari and if I click on Goals or anything in that, it does a lot of churning and then just puts me back at the opening page. I'm running 10.7.4. It happens on several Macs with Safari. It works OK in Chrome and Firefox, so I can use those, but it sure would be nice if it worked in Safari too.
  • jibjqrkljibjqrkl Eventually Perceptive
    edited September 2012
    TheRealCrunchewy;4871121 said:
    Any chance of getting the Rock Band World app to work right in Safari? I'm using the latest Safari and if I click on Goals or anything in that, it does a lot of churning and then just puts me back at the opening page. I'm running 10.7.4. It happens on several Macs with Safari. It works OK in Chrome and Firefox, so I can use those, but it sure would be nice if it worked in Safari too.
    i think this had something to do with safari not allowing cookies by default, if you turn those on it should work
  • HeyRilesHeyRiles Besse's Girl
    edited September 2012
    Neat, I can get behind using coins for something other than power-ups

    Now, onto the virtual Rock Pad where we can spend coins to deck out our Facebook Rock Band World room!
  • Lowlander2Lowlander2 FaIling Star
    edited September 2012
    They call Bandmate "Autoplay" on the App now. Otherwise, tis great.
Sign In or Register to comment.