Starting a Blitz Challenge

kravenkraven Road Warrior
edited September 2012 in Rock Band Blitz
I searched and can't find anything. How do you start one? Not the one they recommend, they are only really recommending I challenge the same person to Huckleberry Crumble over and over. I want to pick the song and person I challenge. Can I do that?

Comments

• grumblevolcanogrumblevolcano Headliner
    edited September 2012
    kraven;4871487 said:
    I searched and can't find anything. How do you start one? Not the one they recommend, they are only really recommending I challenge the same person to Huckleberry Crumble over and over. I want to pick the song and person I challenge. Can I do that?

Only via the Facebook app "Rock Band World" of which you can only challenge Facebook friends.
  • kravenkraven Road Warrior
    edited September 2012
    That's sucks. I'm so sick of having to link Facebook and Twitter to everything.
  • frankummsfrankumms Opening Act
    edited September 2012
    grumblevolcano;4871491 said:
    Only via the Facebook app "Rock Band World" of which you can only challenge Facebook friends.

Yup.... just wrote this in the request a feature page but

they reallllllyyy should have let you start challenges and score wars from the game. Terrible decision
  • sieesiee Road Warrior
    edited September 2012
    kraven;4871498 said:
    That's sucks. I'm so sick of having to link Facebook and Twitter to everything.

We're living in a social network decade, get used to it.
  • www1221www1221 StackOverflowError
    edited September 2012
    frankumms;4871499 said:
    Yup.... just wrote this in the request a feature page but

they reallllllyyy should have let you start challenges and score wars from the game. Terrible decision

you can. Facebook just gives you control over song and person.
    siee;4871501 said:
    We're living in a social network decade, get used to it.

^
    edited September 2012
    Not gonna blindly except something that's stupid. If you can do it in the game you should be able to do it from the game. That's just common sense. Shouldn't be dependent on an internet fad. Social media decade, but they aren't linking Myspace. These stupid things come and go. Keep it in the game with fad access as a bonus.
    edited September 2012
    You can challenge with in game. And the bonus for Facebook is that you can customize it more. So they are doing exactly what you are asking.

Also Facebook isnt a fad. It was here long before Blitz and it will stay here long after Blitz.
  • jibjqrkljibjqrkl Eventually Perceptive
    edited September 2012
    this whole internet thing is just a fad
  • HMXMister_GameHMXMister_Game Harmonix Developer
    edited September 2012
    jibjqrkl;4871761 said:
    this whole internet thing is just a fad

You're just a fad.
    edited September 2012
    HMXMister_Game;4871767 said:
    You're just a fad.

Shots fired
  • BachiGBachiG Inconceivable...
    edited September 2012
    Edit: taking my post and leaving!
    edited September 2012
    www1221;4871760 said:
    You can challenge with in game. And the bonus for Facebook is that you can customize it more. So they are doing exactly what you are asking.

Also Facebook isnt a fad. It was here long before Blitz and it will stay here long after Blitz.
    That's what someone said about MySpace at some point.

They aren't doing anything like I'm asking if you actually read my point. In game I've been offered to challenge the same person to Huckleberry Crumble over and over. I gotta exit the game and start it up again to get a new choice? Or challenge him with the same song over and over. Or stop playing the game and go log on Facebook. These are all better solutions to you than being able to pick the song and the person you want to challenge, or is blindly kissing Harmonix ass>better gameplay solutions? I'm not bashing Harmonix so they don't need defending. It's just dumb.

I guess I must be crazy. Wanting to do game stuff while I'm playing the game. I should be waiting to issue a bunch of challenges next time I'm liking a potato chip or whatever other stupid crap Facebook has to offer.
    edited September 2012
    I was one of the first to say that they should have allowed score wars in game. You said you think the Facebook stuff should be a bonus. Thats what it is, a bonus. Oh and just so you know Myspace is still around and is(for some reason) pretty big for music. Facebook isnt going away. You can use Myspace as an example all you want but Facebook out lived Myspace already. Social media is only going to get bigger.
  • jibjqrkljibjqrkl Eventually Perceptive
    edited September 2012
    HMXMister_Game;4871767 said:
    You're just a fad.

your face is just a fad >:C
    edited September 2012
    Man you're missing the point on the facebook/myspace stuff, and are just flat out wrong on the other.

If all of the challenge features like picking the person and the song were in the game, Then, and only then would the Facebook stuff be a bonus. Right now Facebook is the complete challenge, and the game is the limit access.

If you think complete scorewar should be in the game, why are you arguing against it now?
    edited September 2012
    kraven;4871815 said:
    Man you're missing the point on the facebook/myspace stuff, and are just flat out wrong on the other.

If all of the challenge features like picking the person and the song were in the game, Then, and only then would the Facebook stuff be a bonus. Right now Facebook is the complete challenge, and the game is the limit access.

If you think complete scorewar should be in the game, why are you arguing against it now?

Im not sure you know what the word bonus means.
    edited September 2012
    www1221;4871819 said:
    Im not sure you know what the word bonus means.
    No I actually do. You could stand to look it up though.
    edited September 2012
    kraven;4871835 said:
    No I actually do. You could stand to look it up though.

bonus: something extra or additional given freely

Being able to fully customize score wars is a bonus.
    edited September 2012
    www1221;4871841 said:
    bonus: something extra or additional given freely

Being able to fully customize score wars is a bonus.
    bonus: something extra or additional given freely=A pre-order t-shirt or map, or facebook access. Not actual gameplay.

Being able to issue challenges outside of the game on facebook would be the bonus.

But I give up. I'm crazy for wanting the game play to happen in the game. It's an insane idea playing the game IN the game. What was I thinking?
  • BachiGBachiG Inconceivable...
    edited September 2012
    I don't know what you were thinking. That all sounds like crazy talk. I'm taking my hypothetical to its own thread...