RB1, RB2 and RB3 songs on RB Blitz

DarthVandelayDarthVandelay Unsigned
edited September 2012 in Rock Band Blitz
I used to play Rock Band games on friends' house, but I actually never owned a copy of the game, just the Unplugged. So Rock band blitz was released and I find myself hooked up again. But I want some songs of these past titles to play on the Blitz so here's my questions:

1. Will songs from RB 1, 2 and 3 be available do purchase as DLC?
2. Is it possible to transfer the songs of the previous discs to the Blitz? (more important, can I do this without playing the game? [I don't have the instruments])
3. Can I buy pre-owned discs of all of 'em? If any title requires some code and you need to buy a new disc, which ones?
4. Is there something that needs to be bought to transfer the songs?

Thanks for the help! :cool:

Comments

• MunnchyMunnchy Road Warrior
    edited September 2012
    DarthVandelay;4871755 said:
    I used to play Rock Band games on friends' house, but I actually never owned a copy of the game, just the Unplugged. So Rock band blitz was released and I find myself hooked up again. But I want some songs of these past titles to play on the Blitz so here's my questions:

1. Will songs from RB 1, 2 and 3 be available do purchase as DLC?
    2. Is it possible to transfer the songs of the previous discs to the Blitz? (more important, can I do this without playing the game? [I don't have the instruments])
    3. Can I buy pre-owned discs of all of 'em? If any title requires some code and you need to buy a new disc, which ones?
    4. Is there something that needs to be bought to transfer the songs?

Thanks for the help! :cool:
    To keep it short and sweet, RB3 songs don't export, and you need copies of RB1 and 2 to export the others. RB2 needs to be new
  • DarthVandelayDarthVandelay Unsigned
    edited September 2012
    Do I have to, let's say, complete the game with instruments to unlock the songs and export them to RBBlitz? Or is it automatic when u install the game ont he HDD?
  • jibjqrkljibjqrkl Eventually Perceptive
    edited September 2012
    DarthVandelay;4871770 said:
    Do I have to, let's say, complete the game with instruments to unlock the songs and export them to RBBlitz? Or is it automatic when u install the game ont he HDD?

rb1 has an option in the menus to export the soundtrack for $5
    RB2 comes with a 1 time code (which is why it has to be new, or you need to get really lucky with a used one) and then you have to pay $10 to export it

RB2 also has a code (could be the same one? forgot how that worked, you might want to look into that) which gives you 20 extra free songs that are immediately playable in blitz.

also, Lego Rock Band and AC/DC rock band can often easily be found for $5 and also export.
  • MunnchyMunnchy Road Warrior
    edited September 2012
    And no, you dont have to finish the games to export. They export from the start
  • SheSaidSheSaidSheSaidSheSaid Washed Up
    edited September 2012
    jibjqrkl;4871772 said:
    RB2 also has a code (could be the same one? forgot how that worked, you might want to look into that) which gives you 20 extra free songs that are immediately playable in blitz.

Yep, it's the same code.
  • DarthVandelayDarthVandelay Unsigned
    edited September 2012
    Thanks! I'll see what i can do. And hope that Harmonix put RB3 songs available for RBB, I just need to play Bohemian Rhapsody, Midlife Crises, Beautiful People and Been Caught Stealing.
  • SheSaidSheSaidSheSaidSheSaid Washed Up
    edited September 2012
    Main titles don't export until there's another main title. Don't expect an RB3 export just for Blitz. It would have to be for a hypothetical RB4 (which I doubt very much will ever happen, but I'm pretty staunchly in the minority in that belief, so whatevs).
  • ToothballToothball Unsigned
    edited September 2012
    I might be possible for Harmonix to enable an RB3 export within RB3. Conceptually the code from the manual could be used in the 'Redeem Code' section to download a pack. The problem would likely be that it may not be cost-effective to re-license all the tracks for export just for Blitz, so it seems unlikely this would happen. And as with previous exports, licensing restrictions could easily see some of them left behind. It sounds like a complicated business to say the least.

In the mean time though, the store isn't really short on good music to download.
  • Jon_of_the_deadJon_of_the_dead Unsigned
    edited September 2012
    I have RB 1&2 not 3 & now have RB blitz allready exported RB1 songs but now want to export my rb2 songs so can play on blitz i have allready used the code off back of book to get my free songs when it first came out & i am not paying again when i shouldnt need to what do i need to do to get theese working on blitz
  • Jon_of_the_deadJon_of_the_dead Unsigned
    edited September 2012
    Ok found out i cannot export my RB2 songs without RB3 this is F*****ing stupid i dont want RB3 i have paid extra to be able to export my RB songs & i cannot do it onto RB Blitz sort this out please i will not be buying any more songs now for this untill it is sorted & i have brought a lot in past & was gonna buy more but refuse to now as i paid to be able to export my RB songs to play on any RB game yet i cannot without buying RB3 EXTORTION
  • jibjqrkljibjqrkl Eventually Perceptive
    edited September 2012
    you have not paid extra to play the rb2 songs in any other game. you do this by buying the RB2 export license, which you can only buy IN RB3