Eye Strain?

Brown-x360aBrown-x360a Unsigned
edited September 2012 in Rock Band Blitz
Is anyone else getting major eye strain playing RBB?

I've got my lights on and even opened the window when it was light out and I'm still getting some pretty gnarly eye strain playing this.

Comments

• SheSaidSheSaidSheSaidSheSaid Washed Up
    edited September 2012
    Ohhhhh yeah :D I've had to put down the controller and walk away due to 'Blitz eyes' a number of times. Probably just as well :p
  • BachiGBachiG Inconceivable...
    edited September 2012
    You need to take breaks more often then. It is very busy and colorful and fast moving, so give your eyes a rest every now and then.
  • Iceman71421Iceman71421 Opening Act
    edited September 2012
    This happens to me when I play any rhythm game or shooter that requires concentration. I actually asked my optometrist about ways to ease strain when you are staring at a screen for a long amount of time. He suggested staring at a far away picture in your room and closing your eyes for a few seconds then opening them and focusing on the picture.

Also visiine or clear eyes can be a help
  • Brown-x360aBrown-x360a Unsigned
    edited September 2012
    Yeah, I kind of did myself an injustice last weekend by playing it non-stop since I was working through the week when it came out. I thought it would've gotten at least marginally better over the course of a week but it didn't. I usually can't make it through the first song without my eyes starting to hurt.

Probably doesn't help that I work as a programmer, so I'm basically guaranteed to be staring at some screen throughout any given day...
  • Iceman71421Iceman71421 Opening Act
    edited September 2012
    You need to be a Visine addict my man. It helps a lot
  • KyleJCrbKyleJCrb Opening Act
    edited September 2012
    The frame rate drops in songs with 5 parts and large amounts of gems probably don't help.
  • rkbdgurlrkbdgurl Road Warrior
    edited September 2012
    Make sure you don't forget to blink.

There are some gaming glasses that you can use...but they're very costly. I've considered getting a pair. Maybe someone on here has tried them and can tell us if they actually help or not. I'd be curious to know.
  • metalkornmetalkorn Rising Star
    edited September 2012
    yeah my eyes start to hurt after about 45 minutes. It requires a lot of concentration I just take a break.
  • jibjqrkljibjqrkl Eventually Perceptive
    edited September 2012
    it's worse than any other rhythm game really. i've been kinda having this when i started playing since GH2. but didn't happen anymore after a while. until the Blitz :p

like the new avatar RBGurl =D
  • BohemianMattBohemianMatt Headliner
    edited September 2012
    Oh crap. I didn't really notice it until I saw this thread. Damn yous! I guess that's a good thing though. Been Blitzin' way too hard.
  • SayburrSayburr The Always Informative Rock Band Forum Guru
    edited September 2012
    Yeah, I can only get through about three-four songs, and I have to stop playing, but I have a mild case of Photosensitive Epilepsy and this game, which I find it very fun, will be a game I can only play in short doses.

Rock Band has never been a problem for me.
  • sieesiee Road Warrior
    edited September 2012
    Try using some gaming glasses like Gunnars if you're getting constant eye strains or headaches, trust me they're worth the price.

I only ever used to use them for FPS games (I have long night sessions) - I've never needed them for Rock Band before Blitz, but then I started to use them on Blitz and it has been bliss. Been playing 5 hours straight.
  • joseph5185joseph5185 Opening Act
    edited September 2012
    siee;4873755 said:
    Try using some gaming glasses like Gunnars if you're getting constant eye strains or headaches, trust me they're worth the price.

I only ever used to use them for FPS games (I have long night sessions) - I've never needed them for Rock Band before Blitz, but then I started to use them on Blitz and it has been bliss. Been playing 5 hours straight.
    Never thought they would help with eye strain so much. I know BB had them on sale awhile back. I might have to check them out now.

Ty for the tip
  • MunnchyMunnchy Road Warrior
    edited September 2012
    I had this problem. Then I remembered i wasn't wearing my glasses... And I was playing the game in the dark.... Having a light on while playing helps with the strain a bit... I think.... Works for me anyway! :)
  • KEWBKEWB Road Warrior
    edited September 2012
    It's definitely one of those games that's a workout on the eyes with lots of bright flashing colors. Really the only time I personally had any sort of problem with it was using the pinball powerup on a single-track song. That's how you get the best scores on those songs, but holy cow....
  • sieesiee Road Warrior
    edited September 2012
    joseph5185;4873778 said:
    Never thought they would help with eye strain so much. I know BB had them on sale awhile back. I might have to check them out now.

Ty for the tip

They really help, the only downside is they have an orange tint (a bit like snowboard glasses) so if you're not familiar with the colours on the screen it could be a throwback.
    KEWB;4873802 said:
    It's definitely one of those games that's a workout on the eyes with lots of bright flashing colors. Really the only time I personally had any sort of problem with it was using the pinball powerup on a single-track song. That's how you get the best scores on those songs, but holy cow....

Agreed, I also think it's because there is 5 lanes full of colours moving at slow to higher speeds when entering Blitz mode instead of just one that everyone is familiar with (unless you play online constantly).
  • syme321syme321 Unsigned
    edited September 2012
    I'm guessing not a lot remember Amplitude's "Komputer Kontroller" on Insane level?

Blinking = losing :)
  • PankrazzoPankrazzo Road Warrior
    edited September 2012
    No problems here, can play it for several hours straight.
  • SayburrSayburr The Always Informative Rock Band Forum Guru
    edited September 2012
    I played for about 30 min last night and just couldn't play any longer. Fun game, but too much for these old eyes, I guess.
  • BullseyeBullseye Rising Star
    edited September 2012
    Sayburr;4877595 said:
    I played for about 30 min last night and just couldn't play any longer. Fun game, but too much for these old eyes, I guess.
    I resemble that remark. I've yet to get through a song without crying...seriously my eyes water like there's no tomorrow. I think I'm failing to blink.