Still no Rock Band Network in Australia?

AtheneWon360AtheneWon360 Unsigned
edited September 2012 in The Rock Band Network
I'm very disappointed by the fact that I can't download more than half of the songs available for the game, why don't I get my fair share as much as everyone else? Last time I asked, the reply was something about XNA not being available in Australia, WHICH IT IS. Rock Band Network is pretty much the only content I can't download in Australia. Not impressed! I need this fixed as soon as possible!

Comments

• jibjqrkljibjqrkl Eventually Perceptive
    edited September 2012
    other solution, make an american account and order MSP online.
    if you download it with that profile, you can simply play it on your original profile.
  • OscarvariumOscarvarium Rising Star
    edited September 2012
    AtheneWon360;4872665 said:
    the reply was something about XNA not being available in Australia, WHICH IT IS.
    No, it isn't.
  • DangimarockerDangimarocker Headliner
    edited September 2012
    AtheneWon360;4872665 said:
    I'm very disappointed by the fact that I can't download more than half of the songs available for the game, why don't I get my fair share as much as everyone else? Last time I asked, the reply was something about XNA not being available in Australia, WHICH IT IS. Rock Band Network is pretty much the only content I can't download in Australia. Not impressed! I need this fixed as soon as possible!

I seriously hope your joking, maybe ask the Australian government to be more open? Seems like a lot of stuff never makes it there.
  • AtheneWon360AtheneWon360 Unsigned
    edited September 2012
    Oscarvarium;4872699 said:

I can use XNA here though?? I don't understand.

Also I don't trust putting my credit card on an American account, can they detect that it's Australian and then could I get in trouble for that? Seems like a lot of effort to go to also.
  • Cipher_PeonCipher_Peon I don't get it at all
    edited September 2012
    Doesn't Lowlander live in Australia? Ask him!
  • jibjqrkljibjqrkl Eventually Perceptive
    edited September 2012
    AtheneWon360;4873478 said:

Also I don't trust putting my credit card on an American account, can they detect that it's Australian and then could I get in trouble for that? Seems like a lot of effort to go to also.
    you dont have to buy points through your xbox. there are various sites you can buy the from as well. you pay for them and get the code via e-mail.

as Cipher already said, Lowlander lives in Australia and i'm pretty sure he orders MSP from a site like i said. so you might want to ask him what site he uses.

and aren't you confusing XNA with XBL?
  • OscarvariumOscarvarium Rising Star
    edited September 2012
    AtheneWon360;4873478 said:

Apparently Australians are allowed to release things through XNA (i.e. become an Indie Games creator) but not buy them. Seems kind of ass-backwards, that's legal red tape and bureaucracy for you I guess.

Note that Australians are not currently able to release things through RBN either, that's specifically restricted to US citizens thanks to more of the aforementioned stupid legal crap.