Complaint

Jon_of_the_deadJon_of_the_dead Unsigned
edited September 2012 in Rock Band Blitz
I want to complain about not being able to export my RB2 songs to play on Blitz with out a copy of RB3, I paid to be able to export my songs when RB2 1st came out so i could play them on any future RB releases & at no time their was no mentions of any limitations to this so in faith i paid for this, so i buy RB blitz thinking that as i had paid for the right to export songs i would be able to export my RB2 songs onto blitz HAPPY DAYS but now find out their is no option to do this unless i buy RB3 which i dont want to buy why should i & this is forcing me 2 in order to enjoy the songs off it in RB Blitz why should i when i have allready paid the fee for the licence and nothing was mentioned about limitations i will no longer be buying any more DLC for any of my RB titles untill this is resolved & an option is put in Blitz to export my RB2 song which i have paid my hard earned money to do by purchasing the export licence
YOU HAVE CONNED / EXTORTED ME IN MY OPINION & I FEEL RIPPED OFF BY YOUR COMPANY & WANT TO COMPLAIN IN EVERY POSSIBLE WAY I CAN.

Comments

• Catch-22Catch-22 Road Warrior
    edited September 2012
    Catch-22;4872752 said:
    You never paid extra to export Rock Band 2, you can only do that through RB3 disk. There have always been limits on exports. You need to get real your reaction is stupid.

One annoying thread is enough.
  • iamchris4lifeiamchris4life Unsigned
    edited September 2012
    I can't take that post seriously...
  • Jon_of_the_deadJon_of_the_dead Unsigned
    edited September 2012
    i paid to export my rb 1 songs & any future rb releases
    edited September 2012
    Catch-22;4872758 said:
    One annoying thread is enough.

no need to be insulting you are only making yourself look small
  • Nucks4cupNucks4cup Opening Act
    edited September 2012
    you didn't pay to export RB2. you say yourself you didnt buy RB3. if you want RB2 in Blitz suck it up and buy 3.
    edited September 2012
    Jon_of_the_dead;4872760 said:

You paid to export your RB 1 songs to ANY FUTURE ROCK BAND GAME. You did not pay one fee to export EVERY OTHER GAME EVER MADE. You pay a fee for each game you export.
  • iamchris4lifeiamchris4life Unsigned
    edited September 2012
    Jon_of_the_dead;4872760 said:
    Your lack of capitalization and punctuation burns my eyes.

If I'm not mistaken, there's a separate license for exporting RB1 and RB2 songs.
    edited September 2012
    as far as i understood u when i paid to export my RB1 song on to RB2 this was a one off fee to be able to export any future RB titles with the same licence as long as i had the game so i now want to export my RB2 songs to play on RB blitz I have paid for the licence RB1,2 & Blitz so why should i pay more to be able to export song which i have allready paid for & allready brought the licence for
  • jibjqrkljibjqrkl Eventually Perceptive
    edited September 2012
    Jon_of_the_dead;4872768 said:
    as far as i understood u when i paid to export my RB1 song on to RB2 this was a one off fee to be able to export any future RB titles with the same licence as long as i had the game so i now want to export my RB2 songs to play on RB blitz I have paid for the licence RB1,2 & Blitz so why should i pay more to be able to export song which i have allready paid for & allready brought the licence for
    you
    never
    bought
    the
    license
    for
    RB2.

if you are gonna complain about anything then you might as well complain about the fact that RB1 said it would export to ANY future game, but it didnt export to beatles
    edited September 2012
    you bought 1 license to unlock RB1 songs in 2. you now need 1 license to unlock 2 into 3 and all other spinoffs Harmonix makes of RB. that is why you can play your RB1 songs in blitz already. plus if you buy 3 you can buy all dlc for the past 2 years
  • Ralphy2009Ralphy2009 Opening Act
    edited September 2012
    Jon_of_the_dead;4872756 said:
    I paid to be able to export my songs when RB2 1st came out
    export my RB2 song which i have paid my hard earned money to do by purchasing the export licence
    YOU HAVE CONNED / EXTORTED ME IN MY OPINION & I FEEL RIPPED OFF BY YOUR COMPANY & WANT TO COMPLAIN IN EVERY POSSIBLE WAY I CAN.

You did not pay to export RB2. So there's your first mistake. The only way to pay the export fee is to have RB3. You don't have RB3, so you couldn't have paid the export. No one has taken your export fee and left you with nothing. Hard to be ripped off when you haven't given them any money yet.

Try to understand the situation better before screaming about how you've been "extorted." If you want to export RB2, you have to do it through RB3. If you don't want RB3, then don't export RB2. No one's forcing you to export RB2.

But for the record, RB3 is probably the highest-rated rhythm game on metacritic and you should buy it anyway.
    edited September 2012
    iamchris4life;4872765 said:
    Your lack of capitalization and punctuation burns my eyes.

If I'm not mistaken, there's a separate license for exporting RB1 and RB2 songs.

well im not at school so dont need an english lesson, but as for your response it could make sence of this but my undersanding was 1 licence for all future rb release's being able to export songs, but still leaves the same problem of why should i have to get RB3 in order to play my RB2 songs on blitz i didnt buy RB3 when it came out as didnt like the songs so why force me into buying it so i can export my RB2 songs
  • metalkornmetalkorn Rising Star
    edited September 2012
    Take it to the courts. See how it works out for you.
    edited September 2012

NO it wasn't. It was only a license for RB1 songs to export to future games. You clearly didn't read the license. You never bought a license for RB2 songs or RB3 songs or Lego: Rock Band or Blitz. They're all separate. In summation,

YOU NEVER PAID FOR RB2 SONGS. Period end of debate.
    edited September 2012
    Jon_of_the_dead;4872779 said:
    why should i have to get RB3 in order to play my RB2 songs on blitz i didnt buy RB3 when it came out as didnt like the songs so why force me into buying it so i can export my RB2 songs

Because that's where the export mechanism is. Just rent the damn game, export the songs and take it back. Problem solved.
    edited September 2012
    you are right it was 1 license for all future releases.... FOR THE RB1 SONGS IN ALL FUTURE RELEASES!!!
    edited September 2012
    Catch-22;4872763 said:
    You paid to export your RB 1 songs to ANY FUTURE ROCK BAND GAME. You did not pay one fee to export EVERY OTHER GAME EVER MADE. You pay a fee for each game you export.

Thank u this wasnt my understanding of the licence but eleviates some of my anger, but still their needs to be an option in blitz to export your songs
  • dragoninforcerdragoninforcer UnWashed
    edited September 2012
    Holy Run-on Sentences, Batman!
    edited September 2012
    Catch-22;4872783 said:
    Because that's where the export mechanism is. Just rent the damn game, export the songs and take it back. Problem solved.

so do u have to pay again to export from 3 if i did rent it & if u do how much does it cost to export it in £s if poss if not what ever u can tell is cool
  • MunnchyMunnchy Road Warrior
    edited September 2012
    I'm not one for using memes much, but I couldn't help but feel this one fit the thread perfectly
    http://cdn.memegenerator.net/instances/250x250/25210478.jpg

As for this "Issue", Borrow the game from a friend, do what catch-22 said and rent it, or You could just buy it. It's a great game! You really shouldn't have bought this up on a forum where most, if not all, of its regular posters (the ones responding to you now) have bought/played RB3 :/

Edit: RB3 is £15 on games on demand (Daylight robbery right here!) and the export price is 800 microsoft points
    edited September 2012
    yes it was worded in a way it can be misinterpreted hence my missunderstanding
    edited September 2012
    Nucks4cup;4872786 said:
    you are right it was 1 license for all future releases.... FOR THE RB1 SONGS IN ALL FUTURE RELEASES!!!

yes it was worded in a way it can be misinterpreted hence my missunderstanding
    edited September 2012
    Jon_of_the_dead;4872791 said:
    so do u have to pay again to export from 3 if i did rent it & if u do how much does it cost to export it in £s if poss if not what ever u can tell is cool

It costs $10 to export RB2.
    edited September 2012
    Catch-22;4872795 said:
    It costs $10 to export RB2.

do u have to pay if u still have the code off back of book as i brought mine new or only if its 2nd hand do u have to pay
    edited September 2012
    you have to pay to export, if the code was used you wouldn't be able to export at all
    edited September 2012
    jibjqrkl;4872803 said:
    you have to pay to export, if the code was used you wouldn't be able to export at all

so i used my code to get the extra songs but not to export so can i still use the same code
    edited September 2012
    edited September 2012
    Jon_of_the_dead;4872808 said:
    so i used my code to get the extra songs but not to export so can i still use the same code

yes, the code input works slightly different in RB3. you only put in the first few numbers/letters (the first 8? it'll stop you when you've input enough) and then it will export. this is why it can only be done from IN rb3, because the XBL marketplace doesnt accept such a code, and this way they could use the code for 2 different things
    edited September 2012
    ok thanks guys so this has helped un pissme off & most of you have come back with constructive feedback info thanks so i might have to go rent RB3 from my local blockbuster (free advertising their) just to do this as none of my friends have RB3 they all just play on my copys of rb with my instruments
    #
  • MunnchyMunnchy Road Warrior
    edited September 2012
    Jon_of_the_dead;4872812 said:
    ok thanks guys so this has helped un pissme off & most of you have come back with constructive feedback info thanks so i might have to go rent RB3 from my local blockbuster (free advertising their) just to do this as none of my friends have RB3 they all just play on my copys of rb with my instruments
    #
    I'd definitely consider picking up a copy of rock band 3. It's cool if you rent it, but there are some great songs on there. And for £15, you'd only really have to justify wanting about 12 of them :)