Is it safe to say Blitz is a success?

blackheartstarblackheartstar Unsigned
edited September 2012 in Rock Band Blitz
I hope so! It sure seems to have gone over well. Id like to see more arcade styled games using RB songs/charts as triggers, maps, back drops, and the like.

Comments

• TraycerTraycer Unsigned
    edited September 2012
    I haven't seen sales numbers yet, but I think it is a brilliant move by Harmonix. They have a huge catalog of songs for Rock Band, but in the past you needed the instrument-based games to play them. I like the Rock Band franchise, but not enough to potentially spend hundreds of dollars on the game and instruments, taking up room in my living room when not in use. But now for a measly $15 downloadable game, Harmonix has re-opened the market for $1.99 tracks to people like me. I loved Frequency and Amplitude (my control set is Freakish, and the first tracks I bought were from Freezepop), so this is right up my alley.
  • Casto21Casto21 Rock and Roll Statistician
    edited September 2012
    Looking at ranking on facebook app the most played blitz songs (of the ones I have played) is These Days which has 117,686* scores. So at a minimum it has sold that many. Plus there are people who bought it, exported, and never really played any songs in blitz.

* I assume this is a combines XBOX and PS3 leaderboard.
  • jaystonepkjaystonepk Opening Act
    edited September 2012
    I've played songs I'd totally forgotten about since getting Blitz. And it even got me to buy a Miley effin Cyrus song =\
  • jibjqrkljibjqrkl Eventually Perceptive
    edited September 2012
    Casto21;4873423 said:
    Looking at ranking on facebook app the most played blitz songs (of the ones I have played) is These Days which has 117,686* scores. So at a minimum it has sold that many. Plus there are people who bought it, exported, and never really played any songs in blitz.

these days is a song that was in the demo. all those scores count as well.
    edited September 2012
    jibjqrkl;4873451 said:
    these days is a song that was in the demo. all those scores count as well.

Oops, didn't even consider that. The three demo songs do indeed have much higher totals.

For soneone who has played all 25 songs, what it the highest play count for a non-demo song?
  • CharityDiaryCharityDiary Unsigned
    edited September 2012
    BohemianMatt;4873317 said:
    Someone posted a week ago that it was the #1 selling game on Xbox Live. I don't remember if that was shot down or not. If so, then definitely yes.

Definitely not.

I'm pretty sure that spot belongs to Minecraft.
  • toymachineSHtoymachineSH Headliner
    edited September 2012
    iamchris4life;4873378 said:
    I can say this is the first rhythm game I've played in a while that I've become addicted to so quickly. I really hope this will become as popular as Guitar Hero was around the GH3 era.

Well I doubt that will happen but it's cool to see you on top of some of the leaderboards again :)
  • TheStuddzTheStuddz Lil Rascal
    edited September 2012
    I can't even go back to RB3 anymore. I am fully and completely addicted to Blitz.

I thank Harmonix a million times for releasing it.
  • GNFfhqwhgadsGNFfhqwhgads 99% Washed Up
    edited September 2012
    Casto21;4873457 said:
    For soneone who has played all 25 songs, what it the highest play count for a non-demo song?
    25,120 on Pumped Up Kicks. Is probably Xbox only. If any PS3ers can check their Facebook and see if their number for Pumped Up Kicks is lower, that'd be delightful.
  • edited September 2012
    I would love to hear exactly how well the game did. Every now and then I run a google search on "Rock Band Blitz sales" or "how well did rock band blitz sell". Harmonix is a company that I'm rooting for, and the RB franchise as a whole is a franchise I'm a die-hard fan of. C'mon Harmonix, let us know how awesome the game did.
    edited September 2012
    AndreasBoPetersen;4873566 said:
    I would love to hear exactly how well the game did. Every now and then I run a google search on "Rock Band Blitz sales" or "how well did rock band blitz sell". Harmonix is a company that I'm rooting for, and the RB franchise as a whole is a franchise I'm a die-hard fan of. C'mon Harmonix, let us know how awesome the game did.
    The game hasn't even been out for two weeks, take a breath. Sales are usually only reported at the end of the month, if at all. Relax.
  • edited September 2012
    I know, I know. I just really want to have one of the live streams start with the whole crew popping Krug champagne all over the place.
  • joseph5185joseph5185 Opening Act
    edited September 2012
    It would appear that Blitz is doing very well and this makes me very happy and I think it is well deserved and much due respect to HMX..

=)
  • nascargo19nascargo19 Road Warrior
    edited September 2012
    GNFfhqwhgads;4873563 said:
    25,120 on Pumped Up Kicks. Is probably Xbox only. If any PS3ers can check their Facebook and see if their number for Pumped Up Kicks is lower, that'd be delightful.

I'm seeing 25,125
    edited September 2012
    nascargo19;4873588 said:
    I'm seeing 25,125
    I'm seeing 25,126. Guess it is both consoles together on Facebook.

Also, hello, person who apparently bought it in the last hour.
  • madcapmattmadcapmatt Road Warrior
    edited September 2012
    My Raptr account says I already have more than 30 hours logged playing it so its a hit in my book for sure, I'm totally addicted right now. I still have so many songs left unplayed too.
  • jaystonepkjaystonepk Opening Act
    edited September 2012
    Pumped Up Kicks at 25,196 as of this morning.
  • sieesiee Road Warrior
    edited September 2012
    Casto21;4873423 said:

Plus only people with the Facebook app will be shown on there.
    edited September 2012
    siee;4873761 said:
    Plus only people with the Facebook app will be shown on there.

You sure about that? It's not showing anyone's username, just my current ranking (like 547 / 118,615). I assume those numbers are coming from the leaderboards, the same as in game, which I don't believe requires any linking to facebook. Could be wrong.
  • PankrazzoPankrazzo Road Warrior
    edited September 2012
    Can demo users really upload scores to the leaderboards?
    edited September 2012
    Pankrazzo;4873859 said:
    Can demo users really upload scores to the leaderboards?

Considering the 3 demo songs have ~95k more scores then non demo songs it does appear that way.

I underestimate how many people download and try out demos evidently.
  • nascargo19nascargo19 Road Warrior
    edited September 2012
    GNFfhqwhgads;4873616 said:
    I'm seeing 25,126. Guess it is both consoles together on Facebook.

Also, hello, person who apparently bought it in the last hour.

either that or nearly the exact same amount of people have bought it for each console.
  • sieesiee Road Warrior
    edited September 2012
    Casto21;4873844 said:
    You sure about that? It's not showing anyone's username, just my current ranking (like 547 / 118,615). I assume those numbers are coming from the leaderboards, the same as in game, which I don't believe requires any linking to facebook. Could be wrong.

I'm not 100% sure, but I'm rank 1 on some songs on the Facebook app that I'm not on the console.
    edited September 2012
    siee;4874041 said:
    I'm not 100% sure, but I'm rank 1 on some songs on the Facebook app that I'm not on the console.

I'll play a disc song that I haven't played before and only hit one note. Hopefully this will put me in last and I can compare the rank in game to the rank in fb.

Can't try this until tonight so if someone wants to beat me to it feel free.
  • MagnetMagnet Moderator
    edited September 2012
    Casto21;4874065 said:
    I'll play a disc song that I haven't played before and only hit one note. Hopefully this will put me in last and I can compare the rank in game to the rank in fb.

I think hitting zero notes would be a better strategy for getting last place.
  • joseph5185joseph5185 Opening Act
    edited September 2012
    Magnet;4874072 said:
    I think hitting zero notes would be a better strategy for getting last place.

True..

Hoping that the leaderboard will actaully register the song being played since the score would be well..non-existent.
  • MagnetMagnet Moderator
    edited September 2012
    Actually, if you hit zero notes, you'll get a score of either 400 or 500 for the songs that come with the game (difference attributed to the number of instruments in the song).
    edited September 2012
    Magnet;4874077 said:
    Actually, if you hit zero notes, you'll get a score of either 400 or 500 for the songs that come with the game (difference attributed to the number of instruments in the song).

Ha, true. I was thinking I wanted to hit one note just to make sure I got a score but didn't consider the instrument bonuses at end.
  • DangimarockerDangimarocker Headliner
    edited September 2012
    Raptr shows "53,550 hrs played" and "10,378 community members"
    and raptr doesn't make up the Rock Band Community Usually.. so i think t hat's fairly good.
    edited September 2012
    Played the fallout boy song and hit 0 notes (was 3rd person to do that).

In game leaderboards I am 14,204
    On the facebook app 19,341

So maybe in game is just xbox and facebook is both consoles (meaning 5,137 PS3 scores)?